“Filthy and rude, what a combo!”

Super 8 Lacey Olympia Area
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Lacey
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Our first impression was the woman at the front desk that spent the entire time complaining about various things including children which we had 3 of. When we got to our room there was an unpleasant odor throughout. To top it all off when we got ready for bed and pulled our blankets down there was hair all over our sheets and pillowcases. So at 11pm we went up front and asked to have our sheets changed. The next night after a long day of playing softball we went to go soak in the hot tub and of course it was broken. The ONLY bright spot was the young man that was in charge of the breakfast area. He was extremely nice and worked diligently to keep the area clean and stocked at all times.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Sharee V
ResvMgr1, Manager at Super 8 Lacey Olympia Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Guest -
Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay with us. While I can assure you we try very hard to provide clean comfortable accommodations, it is apparent that we fell short in this case. I apologize that the front desk agent gave you the wrong impression about caring for children while attempting to warn the kids coming out of the pool area to be careful on the slippery lobby floor. We too have children of our own and would not like seeing them hurt by slipping on the wet floor. As for the hot tub, I apologize for the fact it was not working during your stay. The heater suffered a catastrophic failure recently and we are now in the process of replacing it. While I’m sure that explanation does not provide you with much comfort, I am afraid that this failure was unforeseeable and we are doing everything we can to restore the hot tub to working order as soon as possible. Thank you again for your comments as they only help to make us better.

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Lacey Olympia Area

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Our room was clean, comfortable and seemed to be modern and up to date. We really enjoyed the room and breakfast and will be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
ResvMgr1, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Lacey Olympia Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

We are pleased that you found your accommodations to be exceptional. The entire staff works hard to ensure we provide clean, comfortable rooms and exceptional guest service. We hope to see you again in the near future. Best - Super 8!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Although I have stayed at this Motel twice before and have had problems both times, I decide to try it one more time. Boy was that a mistake!! After driving 10 hours that day I was looking forward to checking in and relaxing for the night. I had reserved this room about a month ago and when I checked in the desk girl gave us the keys and we went up to a room that was either occupied or the person had vacated and left all their garbage in the room. The bed was unmade and all the towels were strewn about the room. The room was on the third floor(no elevators) at the far end of the hotel so I made the long trek back to the lobby where I explained the situation to the desk clerk. I had specifically asked for a smoking room but she informed me that there were no other smoking rooms available and if we wanted to wait while she called in cleaning staff from home we could wait in the lobby. My wife was still waiting upstairs with our luggage so I went back to talk to her about it and she was worried that whoever was there before might still have a key so she did not want to stay there. We packed our luggage back to the truck and drove to the lobby to let the desk clerk know that we wanted to cancel our reservation and look for another hotel. When I returned to the lobby I could not find anyone there but there was a sign saying that if you want immediate service call this number. I called the number and it just kept ringing on the desk clerks phone. We waited in the lobby for about 15 mins but no one showed up so I called the number once again. By this time I was totally disgusted with the whole situation so I asked for my reservation to be cancelled. She said that se cancelled the reservation but with all that happened so far I am still waiting to check my credit card bill to see if it was actually cancelled. I visit Lacey every year for a 3 day meeting and would rather pitch a tent in a rest stop rather than stay in this dump. By the way, I went to the Comfort Inn next door and was given a room immediately and eventually spent a restful night in a nice clean, well organized Motel.

Room Tip: The only way you can find good room here is to move to another Hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank CactusCaro
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Reviewed September 11, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Bonnie U
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lacey
Comfort Inn Lacey - Olympia
La Quinta Inn & Suites Olympia - Lacey
Ramada Olympia
Ramada Olympia
#2 of 9 in Olympia
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lacey
Hampton Inn & Suites Olympia Lacey
Best Western Plus Lacey Inn & Suites

Been to Super 8 Lacey Olympia Area? Share your experiences!