“very disappointed”

Super 8 Lacey Olympia Area
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Lacey
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I'm not a hotel snob. I usually stay at Travelodge, Microtel, Motel 6, etc. This place was just gross. The location was very nice, but I don't think I can stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Edward R
Super8Lacey1, General Manager at Super 8 Lacey Olympia Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Mr. Edward R please accept my sincere apology regarding your recent stay at the Super 8. What you experienced is not the standard we strive to uphold. Our goal is to provide a level of service that requires diligent attention to detail. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your concerns.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed January 15, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richard P
Reviewed January 8, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The price is really good The location is in a great area although it is off of the interstate and in a busy intersection. The room is great, very clean and spacious. The facility is very clean also. However, the breakfast offered could improve a bit. There are not a lot of variety of breakfast meals. The wireless internet kept on failing during random times throughout the day. Overall, I would recommend this place to other people and I would return again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank elsiea
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Cleanliness has gone down since my previous stays, Hamburger patty found on floor at bed edge, cigarette burns on furniture in non smoking room and minor electrival problem with wall lamp and floor lamp switch knob missing. Wall lamp was arc'ing until I tightened the push switch. Bed spread and sheets showed staining. Service was fine but cleanliness has gone down hill.

Still presents decent value for room price.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CURTIST75
Super8Lacey1, General Manager at Super 8 Lacey Olympia Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

I realize your time is valuable and I do appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. I do apologize for not meeting your expectations and have discussed your comments and conerns with my housekeeping staff. Procedures will be re-evaluated and/or revised accordingly. Your justifiable concern is being taken very seriously and I assure you that all will be corrected immediately.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We'd already discovered that the bed isn't great, housekeeping leaves lots to be desired, and the breakfast is meager and not kept stocked through the designated hours.

Somehow we let our budget blind us from the reality and we did it again. The bed was really mediocre; they expect a couple to share a single cup of coffee in the room; breakfast was typically minimal and understocked, to boot.

On top of this, when we got home I happened to notice on our VISA bill that the charge from the motel bore no relationship to the items delineated on our statement presented at the desk. And on top of that, there was a second charge (separate VISA charge) of $2.50, certainly not authorized by us, which we know absolutely nothing about.

Perhaps if you're willing to pay another $30 for the newly refurbished king room, you might get a better bed. It doesn't seem like this would improve housekeeping or the breakfast or the sloppy credit card processing. And for that much more, we will most certainly spend our money more wisely somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: Down the street
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Super8Lacey1, General Manager at Super 8 Lacey Olympia Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you for comments related to your recent stay at the Lacey Super 8. At our Super 8, we are guided by one simple commitment, Clean Accommodations and Friendly Service. Our Clean and Friendly promise is designed to make you feel at home during your visit to our property. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for your unpleasant experience during your stay. And I appreciate the time that you took to bring your concerns to my attention. I assure you that all your concerns will be addressed and resolved.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lacey
La Quinta Inn & Suites Olympia - Lacey
Comfort Inn Lacey - Olympia
Candlewood Suites Olympia/Lacey
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lacey
3 mi away
Best Western Plus Lacey Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Olympia Lacey

Been to Super 8 Lacey Olympia Area? Share your experiences!