“overnight stop”

Super 8 Lacey Olympia Area
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Lacey
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Couldn't get a reservation online so took a chance and just stopped by. They were welcoming to me and my dogs, helpful with suggestions on where to get dinner and finding my way down to the ferry the next day. Would definitely recommend them to anyone traveling with dogs and on a tight budget.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed October 19, 2012

The staff here try so hard but there is just no way to make it a pleasant stay. Super 8's are usually okay but this is well below Super 8 standards. The location is good but I will never, never stay at another Super 8 after experiencing this one without checking it out first.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2012

1  Thank Wilma H
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Staff was very good- Hotel needs updating.
The Exterior of the building & the lobby create a much better impression than any of the rooms we were shown.
Carpets were filthy.
Stairwells were grungy.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I requested "no service" to the front desk, but my room was cleaned anyway. I suggest that a "no service" card be provided, that could be inserted into the outer-door key slot, as I have seen other hotels provide. The room had an "unusual aroma" to it. I suggest a pleasant spray be used before use by a guest.

The overall impression of your facility was, however, quite positive. I would likely choose super 8 again in the future.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

It was ok. I stayed two nights, checked out, and then checked back in again because of some confusion with family plans. The room on the second floor was definitely better than the one on the first floor. The first floor is at the walk-out basement level and feels musty. I had to use my inhalers for asthma regularly in that room.

Fridge and microwave are available but you need to ask at check-in to make sure you get a room with them.

I was on the street side and didn't really have problems with road noise. Service was ok. Nobody was over eager to help, but they answered questions politely.

Being a super stingy traveler, I had a couple of meals from the Circle K just past the Denney's. I really liked their jalapeno cheeseburger sandwich. I know that says something bad about my taste in food, but sometimes you just want to curl up in bed, eat junk food, and watch trash tv.

I think I'll probably spend a bit more on my next trip and stay somewhere nicer, but it was ok for the price.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lacey
Comfort Inn Lacey - Olympia
La Quinta Inn & Suites Olympia - Lacey
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lacey
Hampton Inn & Suites Olympia Lacey
3 mi away
Best Western Plus Lacey Inn & Suites
Candlewood Suites Olympia/Lacey

Been to Super 8 Lacey Olympia Area? Share your experiences!