“Decent place for a quick stay”

Super 8 Lacey Olympia Area
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Lacey
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stopped here for the night as we were heading to Portland the next day. At first I passed the entrance to the hotel as I thought it was just the parking lot and entrance to get to the Denny's, so I had to do a u-turn at the next lights to get back to it. A sign at the road would have been nice. We arrived later in the evening, but had reservations booked ahead of time. The person at the front desk was quick and polite. As we grabbed our bags from the car and made our way to the room, we passed many young adults drinking and smoking outside on the side of the hotel. We we're a bit concerned that we would be kept up by their partying, but we slept well and either they behaved or we were far enough away to not hear them. The room was clean. Unfortunately our room faced the highway, so you can hear the cars and trucks driving by. We did have an issue with the toilet where the chain would come undone, so we would have to re-attach it. I never bothered to call the front desk about it as it was something I can fix. After a good nights sleep, we we're woken up by the fire alarm. Someone knocked on our room door and told us to leave the building. It ended up being a false alarm, but the staff were professional about it. Overall I would stay there again, but maybe ask for a room not facing the highway.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Lacey Olympia Area

Reviewed May 10, 2012

We arrived in Olympia in the later evening looking for a hotel. We came across a few hotels but they were all too pricey. We decided to check the Super 8. It was close to the freeway (easy access out), grocery store 2 minutes from hotel, many restaurants and coffee shops within walking distance. The lobby was clean and you could see the pool from the front desk, which looked great. The front desk agent was awesome and super friendly. Our room was on the first floor, nothing exciting, but CLEAN and had everything we needed. The bathroom is a dealbreaker for me on cleanliness and it was SPOTLESS. The beds were comfortable, older TV but it worked, coffee maker and a safe in our room. Continental breakfast in the morning was great. We would recommend this place to anyone, and if in the area will definetly stay again!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tracy246
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We spent only one night here as a quick stop between drives. It was just off the freeway for easy access. It is sort of tucked behind another hotel so we drove past it once before finding it. The room was average but perfectly clean. Basically, it was exactly what I would expect from a Super 8. The breakfast was okay - not much variety but perfectly decent. The next-door Denny's was convenient, too.

The cold water went out in one of the faucets as we were leaving. I reported it to the front desk when we checked out and the maintenance guy (who just happened to be standing right behind me!) said he would take care of it right away.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank KimJ_in_Oregon
Reviewed February 24, 2012

During the horrendous winter storm in January, 2012, my family really needed a break from having no power. So after 4 days, we booked a room here for the second time. (I thought I reviewed it before, but I guess not!)

As before, the room was very clean and the price was definitely right. We really just hankered for warmth (plenty), hot showers (YES!), a TV to watch my beloved 49ers in the playoffs (sadly, they lost), and a laundry facility (coin-op, and decent). We also had a dog with her leg in a cast, and they do allow pets with a minimal $15 pet fee.

This motel is on a busy intersection, right next door to a Denny's restaurant. Despite that, the room was not at all noisy. We took the toddler to the indoor pool to burn off some energy, and everyone had a splendid time, especially when we had a soak in the nice, bubbling spa afterward. (Although for me, the spa wasn't hot enough, but I'm sure they have to protect themselves.)

I'm not a big fan of most continental breakfasts in hotels, because they tend to be all carbs and the only protein is hard-boiled eggs and milk. This was no exception. But! the attendant was a very pleasant young woman who kept everything well-stocked and sparkling clean, so if you like cereal and bagels and the like, you will enjoy it.

The laundry had one (of two) broken washer, but the price wasn't as bad as I've seen elsewhere ($1 wash, $.75 dry) and again, everything was clean and functional.

All in all, you could do far worse than this place. And ... the staff members I dealt with were very professional and courteous, even friendly - so I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Probably the side away from Denny's would be quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank wolfwoman1st
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Decent price for the area and nothing wrong with the room.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jazzfan65
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Just stayed for one night. It was the cheapest hotel in town, but I think we definitely got our moneys worth. The front desk agent was very professional, it was located close to the freeway and was easy to find.

The room was fantastic. They had flat screen TVs, a microwave and mini fridge. I think it had also been recently remodeled. The bed linens were clean and contemporary and the window drapes were new as well. The carpet was clean and the bathroom was spotless. I was definitely impressed with the quality of the room, taking the reputation of Super 8 into consideration. I was very impressed and will definitely stay here again when we're in the area. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the area.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Asia N
Reviewed November 12, 2011

First off, if you are not familiar with the town, the entrance to the hotel is hard to find and before you know it, you're back on the highway. Who would assume they need to drive into the Denny's parking lot to get to their hotel? A sign on the road would be helpful. The thing that infuriated me the most, however, is that I called a week in advance to reserve a room with my card. Smoking rooms are hard to find these days, that is why I planned ahead and reserved a smoking room. When we got there, they told us that they gave our room away to someone else. And apparently there were several people in our position. WHY EVEN BOTH RESERVING A ROOM THEN??! But at this point, we didn't have time or energy to look for a room elsewhere. To sum it up, the wifi didn't work, the bed was worse than sleeping on a deflated air mattress (and my husband and I only equal 220 lbs together), the shower went from extremely hot to extremely cold for no apparent reason, and they put away breakfast food before 9am. Oh, and we were woken up several times by squeaky upstairs floor. We had to stay there for 2 days. Besides the happy wedding we attended, our visit there was awful. I will never in my life stay at a super 8 again.

Room Tip: Simply don't stay here. If you have to, choose the top floor. Floor above us very squeaky.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Leah516
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lacey
La Quinta Inn & Suites Olympia - Lacey
Comfort Inn Lacey - Olympia
Ramada Olympia
Ramada Olympia
#2 of 9 in Olympia
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lacey
Hampton Inn & Suites Olympia Lacey
Best Western Plus Lacey Inn & Suites

Been to Super 8 Lacey Olympia Area? Share your experiences!