“More Than Expected”

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Lacey
Kenmore, Washington
“More Than Expected”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Just stayed for one night. It was the cheapest hotel in town, but I think we definitely got our moneys worth. The front desk agent was very professional, it was located close to the freeway and was easy to find.

The room was fantastic. They had flat screen TVs, a microwave and mini fridge. I think it had also been recently remodeled. The bed linens were clean and contemporary and the window drapes were new as well. The carpet was clean and the bathroom was spotless. I was definitely impressed with the quality of the room, taking the reputation of Super 8 into consideration. I was very impressed and will definitely stay here again when we're in the area. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Asia N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed November 12, 2011

First off, if you are not familiar with the town, the entrance to the hotel is hard to find and before you know it, you're back on the highway. Who would assume they need to drive into the Denny's parking lot to get to their hotel? A sign on the road would be helpful. The thing that infuriated me the most, however, is that I called a week in advance to reserve a room with my card. Smoking rooms are hard to find these days, that is why I planned ahead and reserved a smoking room. When we got there, they told us that they gave our room away to someone else. And apparently there were several people in our position. WHY EVEN BOTH RESERVING A ROOM THEN??! But at this point, we didn't have time or energy to look for a room elsewhere. To sum it up, the wifi didn't work, the bed was worse than sleeping on a deflated air mattress (and my husband and I only equal 220 lbs together), the shower went from extremely hot to extremely cold for no apparent reason, and they put away breakfast food before 9am. Oh, and we were woken up several times by squeaky upstairs floor. We had to stay there for 2 days. Besides the happy wedding we attended, our visit there was awful. I will never in my life stay at a super 8 again.

Room Tip: Simply don't stay here. If you have to, choose the top floor. Floor above us very squeaky.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Leah516

Travelers are raving about these Lacey hotels

Covington, Louisiana
Reviewed September 16, 2011

First, they sneak in a "room safe" charge, which must be removed upon check-out. You can't tell them at check-in that you don't want the safe. But the worst assault on our wallet was the change in price overnight. We were quoted the AAA rate then when asked if we wanted to keep our room on the same credit card used at check-in, we said yes and the price had gone up to the "rack" rate, much higher than quoted rate. When I inquired about this, I was told that once the card was run, there was "nothing she could do about it." The place is indeed hard to get to and wildly overpriced even at the AAA rate. Avoid it like the plague.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kanesmama
Shingle Springs, California
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We attended my nephew's wedding in a neighboring town and stayed at this location. There is a Denny's next door, but we found their morning breakfast to be sufficient with muffins, cereal, fruit, and juice to start our day off well. The room we stayed in was clean and quiet despite the youth athletic groups that also were at the motel. The front desk staff were very friendly, informative, and helpful. The bonus is that there is a large Cabela's store close by! We thought well enough of the motel that we stayed here on our return trip from Victoria and the Buchart Gardens.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dawgman51
PNW
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Like the title says, this is just an average Super 8 but they charge more than equal and better hotels in the area. Very nice girl at front desk with a beautiful smile. If you walk across the freeway overpass next to the hotel you get to a nice little paved trail for a walk or bike ride.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank RLB_28
Spokane, Wa
Reviewed August 16, 2010

This was our second stay here, first one was a year ago. We stay here because a relative lives close by. It is VERY easy to find, even with our first visit.

This visit was much better. We called from the road a day ahead to check for availability. A very nice girl said her computer was down but she knew they had a 2 bed room available. So she took our name and said she would hold it for us. We then called the next day before arriving and they had the room all ready. The same girl checked us in and we paid cash and she even let us pass on registering our credit card in case of incidental charges. We got an AARP discount so for 3 of us it was only 77 bucks. The wireless internet worked great, with NO problems. The room was clean although bathroom floors still look a bit dated. Absolutely no noise in the evening. Nice indoor pool which my husband and daughter used. The beds are still a little hard for my liking but I find that with most places we go.

Breakfast the next morning was nothing fancy but it got you fed and on the road. The girl doing the breakfast was also doing checkout and she did a great job!

Sure, it's not the Hilton, but the price isn't either.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank dennymas
Nottingham UK
Reviewed March 5, 2010

Can you find this hotel? It's down an alleyway, no sign from the busy road outside.
When I finally located it (two hours in traffic!) there was no one in Reception.
Three young men were having a fistfight outside the door. They followed me into the building, which was scary. They seemed to be friends with the staff. I had to phone for the Receptionist to get checked in.
The room was cold and dingy, and the promised wireless internet connection didn't work. Reception struggled to provide this for an hour !!!!
They even assigned me a disabled room, and this had no router signal either.
I got a refund, left Olympia and went to Seattle instead.
Never ever go back, it's rubbish!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Illawarra
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lacey
La Quinta Inn & Suites Olympia - Lacey
Comfort Inn Lacey
Comfort Inn Lacey
#4 of 8 in Lacey
Best Western Plus Lacey Inn & Suites

Been to Super 8 Lacey Olympia Area? Share your experiences!