“New Menu and upgrades make it the "BEST"” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #62 of 152 Restaurants in Lacey
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Asian, Sushi
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Chehalis, Washington
“New Menu and upgrades make it the "BEST"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Its only 3 minutes off of I-5 on Martin Way. The new and improved Sushi Bar is probably the best I have ever had. All I can say is fresh fresh fresh....mmmmm the brazed tuna can not be beat ( Only on the dinner menu)
If its been a while since you have been to the Main you should definitely give it another try. All new decor brings it up the ambiance and your dinning experience.
Lunch is about half the price of dinner around $8.00 and it is a more limited sushi, buffet variety but I feel this is a still a great value for the afternoon meal. Bon Apetite

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank dallasrd

Seattle
“Cheap Chinese food that's very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

My saying the food at Main Buffet is 'cheap' doesn't mean in quality. I mean in price. An all you can eat buffet for less than 9 bucks is a pretty good bargain.

I go to this buffet fairly often, about once or twice a month. The food is good, fresh and hot. It's not swimming in grease (in fact, one of the first things I do when I go into any buffet is take a good strong sniff. If I smell grease, I turn right back around.).

There's a huge assortment of entrees.

I almost always get the butterfly shrimp, but I also graze, a lot. The greens are usually either bok choy or spinach, as well as green beans. All are very good.

I've tried some of the other entrees, such as the Mongolian beef, sweet and sour chicken, etc. They do an excellent Peking Duck.

They have a very extensive sushi bar, as well as other Japanese entrees such as tempura. They also provide a smattering of Korean cuisine, (not enough in my opinion), offerings, such as kimchi. I love kimchi, having spent two years in S. Korea, and this kimchi...made by Chinese chefs...is as good as you can get in Seoul.

The dessert bar is okay, I'm not a dessert fan so I can only say that you get the expected. What's unexpected is the 'chocolate fountain". It's a big metal thing with liquid chocolate pouring down it. You swirl the provided marshmallows in the liquid chocolate. It's milk chocolate. I don't eat that, I am hopelessly addicted to dark chocolate, so I have only tried the fountain's offerings once.

There's a large assortment of fresh green stuff for the vegans in the way of raw vegetables (cucumbers, green bell peppers, etc), as well as fruit. Of course, there's the obligatory ice cream machine, and even pizza. (I don't understand why, unless it's for the kids who won't eat anything green or unfamiliar).
Avoid the fish (deep fat fried pollock) and the calamari. Both are usually over cooked and almost inedible. But otherwise, there's a ton of great food to fill up on.

The atmosphere, of course, is Economy Buffet. It's clean, clean, clean and you usually find yourself stepping around one staff person whose sole job, it seems, is to patrol the restaurant with a broom and a scoop to pick up bits of food dropped by patrons.

The service, such as one can expect in a buffet, is very good, professional and prompt.
They are very accommodating to folks in wheel chairs. They are especially kind to the many developmentally disabled folks who are bussed in from King County. I have no idea why King County (two counties north of this restaurant) would bus the mentally disabled all this way to go to a buffet. And we all have seen how these folks may some times act up in public. They can't help it. It matters not, the staff work around them and are pleasant and patient with them.

If you're hungry, hanker for Chinese food, and are a bit shy on money, go to the Main Buffet. You won't go hungry.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Seattle
“The best in Washington state.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

I have been coming here for 12 years and it is the best buffet in Washington state and i have been all around the state looking for biluffets. I have no complaints. It is very clean or I wouldn't go there. I am in no way affiliated with the restaurant or even know any of the owner's, I am just impressed with this place and want to share it with others, because it is very hard to find a place like this in the northwest.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Excellent staff, delicious food, great presentation and dining room, would recomend it to anyone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Great meal, ate too much but that is not surprising considering the x-factors. My compliments to the staff.

Olympia, Washington
“Peanut butter gone wrong”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Wait staff does an excellent job seating you quickly. Unfortunately food quality leaves a lot to be desired. Food was generally tasteless and the one exception I made into a four way of interests was there peanut sauce fried chicken strips. Whatever you do, do not eat this. 3 hours later I had food poisoning with projectile vomiting. Based on the lackluster food and projectile vomiting, I will never visit this place again.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank Ericsansone

Been to Main Chinese Buffet? Share your experiences!