“Great value if you are a big eater”

Main Chinese Buffet
Ranked #26 of 158 Restaurants in Lacey
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The Main Buffet is a popular all-you-can-eat restaurant for those with big appetites. I always swear to go on a diet after pigging out there. The selection of Chinese food is large and varied. I personally like their sushi bar especially when they have scallops. The staff is friendly and provide efficient service. And there is plenty of free parking since it shares a huge mall parking lot.

1  Thank tenplay

Reviewed June 5, 2012

The food was okay but nothing special, they seem to have a problem keeping the food hot, some of the items were almost cold. Service is friendly. I would not go back here

Reviewed May 14, 2012

My son and I would eat here frequently over the many years I lived in the area. Coming back as a visitor, it was one of the places we put on our list of favorite hang outs and a "must-do" while I was there. The food quality is consistent and there is good variety for a buffet. Note: The best value is lunch during the week. Weekend and dinner prices, along with holiday prices, are a lot higher, but the menu is the same, so this is an excellent value for lunch.

1  Thank LeiMomiNV
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Always take my family at least once a month. Also any church, or business functions. The price is better than any of the other all you can eat place in town. Quite a bit cheaper. The staff is always friendly and plays attention to our table to make sure we have full glasses and the table dishes are quickly taken away before you return with another plate full. Now for the taste. I love their General TAO's beef, it has just the right amount of sweetness and a little hot pepper in it to give it the extra zing. I usually put the sauce on my other choices of food at the sauce just taste of good. Their coconut shrimp is one of the best along with their breaded shrimp. Now as for their oyster in the half shell cover with cheese and baked wow almost like in heaven. Their sushi bar is what my wife likes the most. They have a great selection and again it is all you can eat. I can go on with all the different kinds of food but you get the idea. The lunch is the cheapest and beats the price of some hamburger meals that are in the area. Did it mention snow crab legs and the desert and ice cream.
They also have specials on Mother's day, Easter, Thanksgiving, and etc. they do cost a little more as you get king crab and oysters, ham, beef. and much more. If I was going to try the Chinese Main Buffet I would go on lunch time and during a special day to see what they are capable of showing off their selection of foodsl

1  Thank leesgfa
Reviewed March 9, 2012

Wife and I bumbled into this buffet enroute from Seattle headed south on the I-5. If your food preference is meat,lots of shrimp and crab with loads of butter and a large sushi bar then this is your place, bucko. If you tend to enjoy bok choy, chinese crunchy green beans and all the other wonderful chinese vegetables that were not here then pass on this one. We spent $14.00 a piece for having the availability of food we do not eat. Most of the crowd was Ft. Lewis GIs and their families with some of the GIs very soon to deploy in harms way. So we just kept our head down, loaded up on what we could find healthy and got on our way. Obviously this restaurant is responding to what the majority of their regular customers want. Not our kind of place, but maybe its yours!