“Charming restaurant”

Seeds a Bistro and Bar
Ranked #6 of 36 Restaurants in La Conner
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 31, 2014

Our entire family recently visited La Conner, WA for a wedding. Upon arriving we had lunch at Seeds. Everyone ordered something different from the menu and all of us enjoyed a fresh, delicious meal. The clam chowder was loaded with clams and exactly what you would hope to find on Puget Sound. The sandwiches were all served on homemade, whole grain breads. We were so impressed we returned the next morning for breakfast, all 11 of us. Great food, great charming atmosphere. Oh, and, breakfast was just as good as their lunch as well as some of the bakery items we tried.

1  Thank Rita L
There are newer reviews for Seeds a Bistro and Bar

Reviewed August 30, 2014

We've been to Seeds several times (we're locals) and the food has always been wonderful. This last visit the dining experience was marred by the extremely slow service. We were told, after waiting for nearly an hour, that our order was 'second' in line -during which time we witnessed people who were seated well after us get their meals and be out the door, AND a full restaurant nearly emptied before we finally got our food. The final insult, when we finally got our dinners (again, excellent, we had the seared scallops and the pork special for entrees) we were being rushed to finish our meal - they were ready to close at that point. If we had gotten our dinner when we should have we would have been well out of there before closing time. It was my birthday dinner - did NOT appreciate getting the 'bum's rush' after we very patiently waited to get our dinner. There are a lot of good restaurants in La Conner - will think twice before going back to Seeds.

3  Thank sammi98233
Reviewed August 26, 2014

After reading some of the reviews, my wife and I decided to hike up and eat dinner here. Its about 4 blocks up from the main drag and has shops on the way to poke in. We were seated immediately and the restaurant was probably 3/4 full. We were waited on immediately and the menu selection is huge. It has something for everyone, including comfort foods like Mac n cheese. Food was very good, prices very reasonable and service was excellent. I would definately go back for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

Seeds still has the feel of the old Tillinghast seed store, which I believe included this part of the building originally. Rustic and lots of dark wood. My group of 5 friends had an early dinner there on a recent week night. We got a table easily, but by the time we left the place had filled up. Service was great. Wine list, by the glass, was fairly limited, but our red wine was nice. I can't remember what label it was, but when I asked about a house wine, I was told this was the one served most often.
One person at our table ordered the meatloaf, and pronounced it very good. Three others had the fish tacos, which you can order with the fish prepared a few different ways. My blackened fish taco was great - flavorful and two generously filled tacos, and included lots of shredded cheese on top, which was a great addition I don't often see. Other people in my party had the fish tacos with broiled fish, which they said were also great. We tried a few desserts - a warm chocolate cake with ice cream, and the banana cream pie with salted caramel whipped cream on top. We all left feeling we'd had a really good dinner, and an all-around good experience. We'll go back!

Reviewed August 21, 2014

First let me tell you that I am not a "granola" eating guy. That being said, "Seeds" will now be on our "go to" list for a solid/great dinner.
Saw the other reviews in Trip advisor and tried it out for a late Saturday dinner.
The venue is nice. Lots of outside seating if desired.
Chairs inside and outside have no cushioning so if you have issues with a hip like my wife, be sure to bring a cushion. Otherwise just fine. They have about 5 booths near the bar with comfortable seats.
Rather normal menu but some great uniqueness:
Many fresh veggies and local fruits.
We started with the brussel sprouts appetizer. I typically dont like them unless bathed in gravy but this is the best appetizer we have ever had. Fresh and sliced and then they set it in the deep frier for 10 seconds. No coating. Just the veggies with a little oil. Be sure to add the lime they provide. Ambrosia.
The chowder was tremendous. Not many clams. (Ok by me) but very, very good.
Wife had a burger. Tremendous bun and perfectly cooked burger(not burnt like most placed do now)
I had roasted veggie side and garlic mashed. Both perfect. Veggies were perfect and nice selection.
As we were walking out we took home a varied selection of desserts.
The coconut cream pie rated about a 9. The chocolate pie a 9. The lemon cream a 10.
Dont miss out.
Prices are not outrageous and the quality very very good.
The desserts are pricey but worth it.

Been to Seeds a Bistro and Bar? Share your experiences!