“Wonderful Homemade Food”

Seeds a Bistro and Bar
Ranked #7 of 35 Restaurants in La Conner
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stumbled on this place by chance, and what a find! Our lunch was amazing from start to finish, with delicious salads, soups, mac & cheese, BLT with avacado, excellent spicy bloody mary, and amazing homemade pies for desert. We will definitely be back!

2  Thank VTtraveler4

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I liked the atmosphere. Front room busy, back room with bar and tables, quieter. Service was great. Jessica has a very contagious laugh. Nice energy coming from a server. I had the meatloaf and mashers. Very good. Very filling. Nice side of Asparagus. AND a slice of bread to die for! Flax seed. Good and good for you. The bread is made at the sister restaurant, Calico Cupboard, which also makes a mean Americano. It would have been worth the trip just to try the BREAD! It was a nice, casual 20 minute walk from town/1st street/Hotel Planter.

2  Thank ManOnTheMove
Reviewed April 24, 2013

There's a definite theme developing in the Trip Advisor comments, and I am adding to it. Great food, but slow service. Granted we were there during the tulip season, so they were crowded and we had to wait about 45 minutes to be seated. (Our bad, hadn't made reservations.) Then it took a while for the food to arrive. We went there a second time during our visit to determine whether it was an anomaly, and unfortunately it wasn't. But the food was great, the wait staff was great, so overall, I'd return and just adjust my expectations because the food was worth it!

1  Thank PasssionateTraveler
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We came to Seeds for three reasons: 1) Positive reviews on TripAdvisor, 2) A recommendation from my cousin, who lives nearby, and 3) Serendipity. In our wanderings around LaConner while we were hungry, it was the first restaurant we came across.

We were not disappointed. I ordered the Fish Tacos, and they were scrumptious. Feeling a distinct lack of willpower, I indulged in dessert, ordering one of their cream puffs. My wife and I managed to consume a great deal of it; yet when we were done half of it was left. This is a serious recommendation: One cream puff will adequately serve four people, and it's well worth sampling.

Prices were a bit steep, but this is a tourist center during the tulip season, and we were in high tulip.

The service was mystifyingly slow, since there weren't many customers in the restaurant at the time. Fortunately, wonderful food can masque a variety of sins, including slow service, and next time we dine here we'll have a better sense as to whether this was an anomaly.

2  Thank boeflak
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

We had a late lunch here after spending time viewing the tulip fields. 1st time to eat fried oysters. They were lightly breaded and fried. Everyone in our party enjoyed their lunch and definitely would return to this place for lunch.

1  Thank joanie1945

Been to Seeds a Bistro and Bar? Share your experiences!