“My favorite new pub”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

This place is wonderful. Food is incredible. The cheeseburger and fries are gourmet and to die for. Dining room upstairs okay. The downstairs pub is very cozy and quaint.

There are newer reviews for Nell Thorn Restaurant & Pub

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We often frequent the Nell Thorn Restaurant and believe it to be consistently good. The food is well done, varied in creativity, and always served in a timely way. Their delightful soups are locally conceived and produced. The restaurant strives to use as much local produce as possible, and the Skagit Valley abounds in local produce. Service is consistently good. Like all popular locations, you can find serve wanting a bit if you are there on a major holiday evening, but overall the service is excellent.

Try lunch at the Nell Thorn. The menu offers a wide range of tasty choices for even the most particular. My friends rave about the oyster sandwiches. I think their fried calamari is unbeatable. Breads are fantastic. Wine and beer selections are excellent.

There are real people in the kitchen, in fact rather skilled real people. We have used the Nell Thorn for private parties and have always left satisfied with food and service. Let Susan surprise you with a dessert.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Wonderful and thoughtful food. Very friendly service. I only wish that they were open all day. I tend to be in La Conner mid-afternoon.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We enjoyed our dinner here and the service was very good. My fiance had the steak salad, which he LOVED, and I had the salmon, which was good but not super exciting or inspired. The whole menu plays it safe, but of course that's not necessarily a bad thing as long as everything is done right. We had reservations at 7:45 and still had to wait in the crowded (and cold!) little waiting area for 10 minutes or so, then were seated in a cramped, hot, NOISY little room upstairs. My fiance couldn't stand the noise so we asked if we could move and they put us in the main room, which was much more open, brighter, and not quite so warm or noisy. I appreciated that they moved us, and everything was fine after that (though the waitress seemed a touch miffed). I loved my brownie sundae dessert!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed at the La Conner Country Inn on the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend, and had dinner at Nell Thorn, which is attached to the Inn. Food was good, service was just right. I would definitely recommend the Inn and Nell Thorn to anyone visiting La Conner.