“Just totally fabulous.”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Absolutely the best food north of Seattle!!!! I eat here whenever I possibly can. Love the place. The owners could open in many cities and make me far happier. Had the Portobello Burger with grilled onions in the pub three nights in a row...it is really THAT good. Upstairs fancier and a bit pricier...but consistently excellent all from scratch and mostly organic. Pub menu is less than upstairs white tablecloth...all food is incredible. Simmer outdoor patio seating with view of town.
A MUST GO when you are in the Skagit Valley. I have been going here over 10 years and the food keeps getting better and better...did not think that possible. Fantastic bread made on premises. Excellent attentive staff and chef/owners Casey and Susan Schannen are brilliant and welcoming as if you are their honored guests. Go there now!

2  Thank second2none

Reviewed November 7, 2011

Great food, large prtions, decent wine list. It was a Sunday night so not many peoeple, we had the place to ourselves. Our waitress was very attentive and there only when we needed her.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

This was recommended to us by some La Conner locals, and they weren't wrong - the food is delicious and great quality. My crab cake starter was fabulous, and the cheeseburger didn't disappoint. I just wish I'd had room for dessert. Service was fast and friendly. I liked the comfortable, pub atmosphere - high quality food without any pretension. If I'm ever in the area again, I'll be back!

Reviewed November 4, 2011

Make reservations here if you want to eat upstairs because on weekends they are full. We ordered salmon salad, steak salad and seafood pasta, plus potstickers for appetizers - all delicious! Downstairs pub is fun and crowded. Waitress was fabulous - not pushy and friendly

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Delicious appitizers, good wine, and nice martinis. Good place to meet friends for a snack and a chat. Try the fries in truffle oil or the polenta.

Been to Nell Thorn Restaurant & Bar? Share your experiences!