“The charm of this restaurant is Kari, the server!”

La Conner Seafood & Prime Rib
Ranked #4 of 34 Restaurants in La Conner
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Waterfront dining in quaint downtown La Conner! Fresh Seafood, aged steaks, chicken, pasta, burgers, salads and so much more! We offer quality fresh ingredients in a relaxed enviroment. Locally owned and operated! We offer waterfront banquet rooms for up to 100 guests as well as full service catering with menus starting at $15 per person.
Reviewed May 30, 2014

The food was good yet the service made it taste so much better. Our mini family reunion was enhanced by the attention to our needs, our wants and out palates. Kari made suggestions, kept us informed and provided a memory-making evening on the deck. We thoroughly enjoyed our entire experience. To top it off , Kari sent a thank you note a week after our visit!

2  Thank PK M

Reviewed May 20, 2014

I've always enjoyed going to this restaurant. The service is good as well as the food.
The added bonus is the view of the water. If the weather is warm enough I try to sit outside on the deck.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

This is one of our favorite local restaurants. As we came early, we were able to sit outside on the deck overlooking the Swinomish channel. This time of year the temperatures are iffy for outdoors, but it was a warm day and sitting outside was perfect. I ordered the rib eye steak, rare, which I do only if I know the place has good meat, with the red wine demi-glace sauce. It is one of my favorite steaks, and comes with baked potato (other choices also), vegetables, and a really good bread. My wife ordered Macadamia nut encrusted halibut, which she was kind enough to share. The fish was cooked just right and the topping, to me at least, unique and flavorful. Although basically a beef person, had I known about this dish I might have opted for it. My wife and I like micro-brews. The on-tap menu was more than adequate if not extensive. The service was fast and friendly. The only negative is that, when we entered, there was no one to greet customers. We did not wait long, however, and based on past experience this was unusual, perhaps because we were early.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We were in this restaurant last Month, April 2014 on a Monday at 1:15 for lunch. We waited 20 minutes to be seated. After being seated we ordered promptly and then waited an hour for the food. The fish tacos were very unappetizing, white fish on white tortillas on a white plate and the food was cold. My friend ordered prawns and they were over cooked. It was an extremely disappointing meal and we will not go back. They seemed to be very understaffed and the service was very poor.

1  Thank MLCSeattle
Kari V, Owner at La Conner Seafood & Prime Rib, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

We are saddened and embarrassed to hear about this horrible experience. I truly know that this was an isolated incident. I can tell you that April is a very difficult month for us to predict because of the Tulips. We do not always know what day of the week people will come to town! You are correct it was a difficult day for us and we were indeed understaffed. I would really like a chance to make this up to you as this is not the level of service or food we hold ourselves to. Would you be willing to please email me at laconnerseafood@gmail.com so that we can connect to get you out here on us. We look at this as a chance for us to improve and thank you for taking the time to give us that feed back.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

When visiting the west coast, we always like to take advantage of the fresh local seafood. We've tried this restaurant in the past and it was better. This time, the service was good but the staff wore dirty aprons and dirty pants, and the overall restaurant looked tired and messy. Barbara ordered the fish and chips, and I ordered the rock fish. Her fish was very good which is what boosted this rating to three from a two (the fries not so much) but my rock fish tasted like it had been frozen and heated up. Overall, it was okay but kind of a disappointment.