“Still relaxing and delicious, but less so”
Review of Kerstin's Restaurant - CLOSED

Kerstin's Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Washington
“Still relaxing and delicious, but less so”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

My husband and I visited Kerstin's for our anniversary. We have eaten at this establishment several times over the years and have always known it to be a stellar dining experience. It is my understanding that there has been a change in ownership, but I am not certain of that. Regardless, I would have to say that, although the prices remain very steep, the cuisine is not up to the previous standard. The atmosphere is always pleasant, quiet and unrushed, which I appreciate immensely. In the past, the food was exceptional. This time, I would say it was delicious, but the portions were very small and I did not feel that either the beef tenderloin or the prawns were anything special, although they were tasty. We also ordered a spinach salad, and I thought the dressing was bland and oily. The rolls served seemed a little tasteless to me, even with the olive oil/garlic/roasted red pepper condiment, but then I bake my own bread and am quite picky about that. For the price, I am afraid that we will not be likely to return anytime soon. It makes me sad, because this was always our place to go when we wanted to splurge. It is not bad, just not up to the creative standard one expects when paying over $30 for an entree.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank SkagitTravelers

Seattle
“Great view & intimate dining”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We had dinner at Kerstin's mid-week so it was very quiet and laid back. Service was great although I think it was a one person wait crew (Sarah). If you're in a rush, this is not the place to eat. If you want to enjoy your meal and the view you will love this restaurant. I had the duck breast with risotto & the hubby had the cioppino. I enjoyed the duck but my husband has tried better cioppino which is not to say this wasn't good but he's enjoyed better. The bread rolls they have were to die for!! We brought our own 1/2 bottle of wine & corkage is $20/bottle which is about the average rate at most fine restaurants. Only problem is we paid $20 not $10 for a half bottle so if we brought a magnum I'm assuming we'd only pay $20 right? Would we return, I would but I'm not so sure about the hubby.

Visited April 2012
Newcastle WA
“Kersten's”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Excelant food, beautiful setting, attentive staff. Great place for lunch or dinner.

Anacortes, Washington
“Special place for birthdays or anniversaries”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

This is a very special place for birthdays of anniversaries that we have enjoyed for years. The food is really good and customer service is always a plus. Darling surroundings and NW quisine. Love it every time we go.

blaine, wa
“wonderful food & service”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We've been to Nell's and Palmers, but this place beats them both...by a long shot. More expensive, but really worth it if you're looking for a very nice dinner. The Scallops in a cream sauce of some sort are sooo good. I'm practically drooling thinking about them. The service was excellent, very attentive without being annoying. Nice wine list....from moderately priced to way beyond my means :-)

Visited February 2012