“Great dinner with a bit of class”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Marion's Bistro - CLOSED

Marion's Bistro
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
New Braunfels, Texas
“Great dinner with a bit of class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

We had th pleasant experience during our stay in La Conner to dine at this restaurant for dinner one evening. Because of our dining time and the sun being so bright, we opted for an inside table. The restaurant is well laid out, and decorated nicely. The wine list is extensive so were partook of a bottle with dinner. The meal was expertly prepared by the chef and presented in a professional manner by our server. The prices are very reasonable and you will not be disappointed. Give it a try next time your in La Conner.

Visited June 2013

United States
“Not as expected”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

We went to Marion's on a Saturday for lunch. The atmosphere is a nice quaint setting with an option to sit outside on a nice day. We sat outside which was lovely.

The service as was slow, when we were seated the two of received menu's with different options, the waitress apologized and stated that they had only been open a couple of days. We ordered scallops for an appetizer and ended up with scallop linguini again we were reminded that Marions had "only been open a couple of days".

The food quality poor to average. The scallops were so over cooked that my forked couldn't even pierce them. Fish and chips are average. The fish taco's were filling but the fish was way over cooked. We reported back to the waitress on the scallops and again were reminded that they had "only been open a couple of days" and thanked us for the feedback.

I would give Marions another chance for a nice place to relax and have a drink but I would not recommend dining there.

1 Thank liv2xplore
Renton, Washington
“Unexpected Deliciousness!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Yum!!! Apparently, this gem we stumbled upon on Memorial Day has only been open for a few weeks. The sign outside bills this delightful venue as French-Inspired Cuisine/Northwest Infusion. I ordered the King Salmon with basil cream sauce, garlic mashed potatoes, grilled asparagus and roasted butternut squash. I am still shaking my head. This was delicious and priced at $13. My dining companion ordered the bouillabaisse, which was steaming with fresh seafood for about the same price. The meal was accompanied by fresh-baked bread with an olive oil and balsamic vinegar. When it was time to leave, we received two complimentary mint fudge squared with fresh raspberries and raspberry sauce. Delicious. This was a lovely ambiance with delicious food at burger-joint prices. We loved it!

1 Thank mshighlander
Seattle, Washington
“Awesome Anniversary Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Wife & I left Seattle & went to La Conner for couple nights during our anniversary & one of the locals suggested we check out Marion's. Turned out to be a great recommendation.

My wife's been talking about the seafood bisque for a couple weeks now, it was delicious. Her main entrée, herb-crusted lamb, was excellent as well. Unfortunately, Marion had ran out of filet mignon, but that's okay, I'll be trying it when I come back. I opted for the roasted chicken, which isn't filet, but it had good flavor & was well prepared.

The ambiance at Marion's is very hip & fresh in comparison to the other dinner restaurants around town. They have a wonderful deck looking west over the water & a great little bar downstairs. The service was very good & friendly, but not too friendly, as they let us enjoy our evening. The prices are very reasonable. An all around great evening. I'm looking forward to taking our friends with us next time.

2 Thank castaway279
Mount Vernon, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

I had lunch with a friend at Marion's Bistro the other day, and I have to say that I was more than pleased. I had linguine with scallops, it was cooked to perfection, and extremely reasonably priced. Our waitress, Sarah, was delightful, knowledgeable, and very friendly. Most of the other restaurants in La Conner are very pricey, so it was refreshing to have a delicious lunch that didn't break the bank. Marion's Bistro is definitely my new favorite place to eat in La Conner. There's outdoor seating, with a great view. Everything on the menu sounds amazing, lots of other guests were taking photos of their food. I'll certainly be back again soon!

1 Thank ohtwofive