“Quality Food in Small Town”
Review of La Conner Channel Grill - CLOSED

La Conner Channel Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: At La Conner Channel Grill, every dish is created using only the freshest, finest ingredients. We serve only the choicest meats, fresh seafood and salads all prepared fresh and made to order. Our menu and attention to detail create a truly enjoyable dining experience.
Chehalis
“Quality Food in Small Town”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had the pleasure of dining in the La Conner Channel Grill in La Conner, Washington, on Thursday, October 16. The restaurant is small but on the Main Street across from the La Conner Channel Lodge. It has a full service bar and very good wine selection. Tim and Jo, the proprietors, divide the cooking and waiting. Both are very congenial and informative. We were initially impressed with their menu because we thought the prices were very reasonable for the selections. Although they specialize in prime rib and steaks, we opted for King Salmon filets that were of generous proportions and perfectly cooked. For a very casual and well prepared meal in La Conner we highly recommend the La Conner Channel Grill.

• Visited October 2013

A TripAdvisor Member
“Beware of summary scores...”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

The delta between the background story on the resturaunt website, most of the Trip advisor and Yelp reviews, & the actual dining exerience are truely irreconcilable. Here's my balanced perspective:

the good: tables and restroom were clean, napkins were good quality fabric, and the service was fairly attentive - except for meglecting to refill my drained water glass and apologize for the ill prepared Ahi Tuna (over seasoned & over cooked). The green beans and roasted red potatoes were above average.

the not so good: very limited wine selection. Surprising for a place with such high ratings.

the bad: don't recall a time in 10 years where I've paid this much for bagged salad, store bought bread sticks, and scallops so bland, my spouse had to salt them...

This is NOT a 5 star establishment by any reasonable meadure. 3 at best...

No plans to return...

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Vancouver Island
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Super food, super service”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

On our recent visit to La Conner to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary, we went twice to this restaurant. The first night we just had burgers and fries, which were excellent, so we decided to go back a second time for a full steak dinner to celebrate our anniversary. The meal was absolutely wonderful, with the steaks cooked to perfection. My wife had the 8 oz filet accompanied by green beans and baked potato with home-made accompaniments, and I had the 14 oz rib-eye accompanied by green beans and roasted red jacket potatoes. The dessert of peach and raspberry cobbler with ice cream was plentiful and "to die for"! The restaurant is operated by its owners...and it shows, in the super pleasant service and the personal concern of the chef in ensuring that everything was just right. My wife uses a wheelchair and access was easy through a ramp at the side door. We would heartily recommend this restaurant, and it will definitely be our first choice for eating in La Conner. A wonderful meal and experience all around!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank charlemere
Cairns, Australia
“One of the best dining experiences during our trip to the USA.”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the best little restaurants we have dined at during our 5 week trip to the USA and Canada. The food is fresh and uncomplicated, owners very friendly, and the atmosphere delightful. We came across this restaurant after being very disappointed by the lack of service at the local pub where they forgot our order. We will definitely visit again next year.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Sparkle S
Vancouver, BC
“Overrated”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The food was just average and no presentation. (Why would my baked potato for example be on a different plate than my prime rib, but the fixings for the potato were on my beef plate?)

I asked the server about the differences in the two prime rib sizes just listed by names on the menu, but she could only guess at the sizes. Prime rib was sent back as underdone to request. I didn't consider the beef special, though ok, and my wife's pasta was very average according to her. When we left the owner saw us but didn't even say a "thanks for coming" or such.

We enjoyed the oustide dining and flowers.

• Visited July 2013