“As Good As They Come!”

La Conner Waterfront Cafe
Ranked #10 of 34 Restaurants in La Conner
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had the delightful opportunity to spend 4th July at this fabulous restaurant. Located right on the water (and when I say "right on the water", I mean RIGHT on the water!), it offers everything a hungry traveller could want. Plus some. Our hosts were divine, attending to our every need. I can really recommend the ribs ... melt in your mouth, yum! Try to be there for a sunset and remember to take your camera. With the apricot rays spreading across the water and onto the quaint shops and buildings, it makes for a perfect holiday memoir. Better still, arrive early and check out some of the local art and craft type shops, then go to dinner! Is about 75 minutes easy drive north of Seattle so make the effort to go ... you will be rewarded!

2  Thank SteveRhon

Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a place to grab a mid-afternoon snack. So we stopped by, got seated in the "brig", an outdoor, covered area and were waited on. We ordered a couple Cokes, a cup of soup and a side of fries. The waitress kinda glared at me for what I guess to her was a small order. "Sorry," I thought, "we just wanted a little snack." So someone else brings our order and the food was decent. Something like 45 minutes later, after basically being forgotten about, we wandered inside the place to find our waitress. I said it looked like it got busy but we wanted a refill on our drinks. She just kinda smiled and said "Ready for your bill then?" I was like, okay, so nevermind on the refill then and she asked where we were from. Her demeanor was just so inhospitable, which is weird because it looks like this town wouldn't even exist without the summer tourists. Anyway, if you're looking for a quaint place to visit and have a nice time, I would definitely skip this dive. They don't take kindly to strangers...

3  Thank sumowondertoad
Reviewed July 17, 2013

What a great place! Fantastic BLT sandwich. My wife and daughter loved the food and we ordered the sauted garlic butter shrimp appetizers. Served on skewers. Very fresh. The STAFF is very friendly and they LOVE DOGS. We had our mini-doxin with us and everyone loved him.

This is a gem! Don't go anywhere else. I grew up in this area and walked by the Waterfront Cafe for years. Went in on a whim and believe me, I will go back every time.

1  Thank DyeV
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Got a quick late lunch here on a beautiful sunny Sunday in mid July. Seated quickly right on the waterfront and specials were explained and drink orders taken. Decent wine and beer selection. We had a seafood chowder, crab Louis and fried fish sandwich. All were fresh and nicely prepared and served. Averaged $20/person with drinks. Would go back and the big plus was nice sunny weather.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

It's funny. I've passed by this place a million times on trips to La Conner. But last week, I was looking for another lunch option. Beautiful sunny day on the deck. I looked around and everyone was enjoying fish 'n chips - so I thought, why not. At the last moment, I went for the BLT. What a great choice. The most delicious, stuffed BLT I've ever had. Yum! Who would have thought? The deck was filled with equally happy diners enjoying their lunches. I'll definitely be back. I should probably try their famed fish 'n chips. But I think another BLT is calling my name.