“Fish & Chips”

La Conner Waterfront Cafe
Ranked #10 of 34 Restaurants in La Conner
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Kids, Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bothell, Washington
“Fish & Chips”
Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

We ate lunch at the waterfront cafe today. I ordered their signature fish & chips, very good. My wife had the french dip and clam chowder, both good. We had our black lab with us because we arrived by boat and had bring him with us. They allow us to dine on the deck with him. They even brought him a bowl of water. We saw a few other dishes go by that looked good too. Great view to watch boats while eating.

Portland, Oregon
“Food is good despite horrible service”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Beautiful deck and good food. Service totally disorganized. Hostess did not show up so servers were seating patrons. Deck was full when we arrived. Server told us table was being cleared and we would be seated as soon as they finished clearing table. Table was cleared and other server seated party behind us. A four top opened up, but servers were reluctant to seat the two of us there. Finally owner told them to seat us there and he comped our drinks.
People were leaving because no one took their order. It's tough when a hostess does not show up, but they need a back up plan. Service was total chaos.
I ordered a shrimp louie and server gave me a crab louie. Just as I stuck my fork in it, server appeared and took it away saying it was the wrong order. Took the order to the kitchen and brought out a crab louie 20 seconds later and gave it to next table. Don't know if it was the one they gave me or not.
In spite of all this chaos food was really good.

• Visited August 2012
Vancouver
“Awesome fish and chips, great scenery”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I stopped in La Conner recently and had lunch at the Waterfront Cafe which is in the Pier 7 mall. The server was friendly and attentive but not overly so. I sat outside o the deck overlooking the water - a great view on a warm sunny day. I ordered their signature fish and chips as well as a Fat Tire beer ( one of my favorite American) beers. The batter was not too thick and was very tasty. The fish itself was excellent - moist but not greasy - and I was able to leave some of the batter behind and still feel satisfied but not overly full. The beer, sunshine and view were all excellent accompaniments to this excellent lunch.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank davemacuser
Mount Vernon, Washington
“Great View of the Channel”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I ordered the fish sandwich and my wife had the fish and chips. The fish sandwich was pretty good, but we both felt the famous fish and chips was a bit average. The waitress was great and the view was wonderful.

• Visited July 2012
Olympia, Washington
“Nice relaxing Cafe”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

A real sweet retreat! Come to eat, treat yourself to great food and outstanding deserts! We wonder with places of this quality right out in the open - why La Conner isn't bigger than it is ... I THINK they want us to come, enjoy (that should read ENJOY) ... then go home!! <G>

Visited October 2011
3 Thank SBruce J

Been to La Conner Waterfront Cafe? Share your experiences!