“A Cozy Spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Conner Sips

La Conner Sips
Ranked #13 of 33 Restaurants in La Conner
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Wine Bar, American
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Tasting room. Wine by the glass or bottles to go. Tap beer and nice 'big' small plates menu. Patio on the channel and boardwalk where nice dogs are very welcome. Enjoy La Conner, wines from around the world and watching the boats find there way at La Conner Sips
North Bend, WA
“A Cozy Spot”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Thinking this was just another place to taste some wine, we were very pleasantly surprised. We arrived in the late afternoon and the tasting was a blind taste of six pinot noirs. We were asked to rate the color, aroma, taste, etc. and to try and guess where the wine originated. Great fun and something different. The proprieter was most gracious and friendly, the atmsphere comfortable and cozy. In addition to a bar, there is a back room with a couple of couches and a few tables. We were invited to stay and enjoy live music later in the evening, so we went elswhere for dinner and returned and had a wonderful evening listening to live blues in the intimate environment. We ended up spending time at the bar chatting with locals and the proprieter on our way out. We look forward to returning sometime soon.

• Visited January 2014

Marysville, Washington
“Never Again!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I just wanted to let you what a disappointing experience we had at Washington Sips. We arrived and from the moment they learned we were not there for the expensive dinner and show but we had a voucher, we were immediately were made to feel unwelcomed. We sat down.. waited, waited and waited to be helped. All around us everyone had a glass of wine in their hand immediately after they sat down. After waiting 30 minutes and not having been helped, we decided to walk out. We drove 40 minutes to this location on a date night and were so excited to experience this venue and their wine. We would never go back, we felt we were treated horribly, ignored! No hospitality what so ever.

• Visited November 2013
Anna J, Owner at La Conner Sips, responded to this review, September 18, 2016
Hi!

I am Anna the new owner. My husband David and I took over Washington Sips about March 2015. We completely remodeled. We changed the name to La Conner Sips and we carry wines from around the world, no longer limiting our selection to Washington only.

We are very proud to be able to say that since we started 1.5 years ago we have not received a single negative review. We thoroughly enjoy sharing special wines and good times inb our lovely little town of La Conner. We focus on finding great wines at prices the average wine fan can afford.

I encourage anyone considering visiting us to look at reviews posted after 02/2015 to get a better understanding of who we are today.

All the best.

Regards,
Anna - La Conner Sips
San Francisco, California
“Great place for Washington wines”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Small wine bar, don’t expect a big selection of meals there, light appetizers, but you definitely can rely that you taste some great local wines. The owners are very friendly and knowledgeable, they focus on Washington wines and very carefully select the wines they offer. The view from the deck over the river is beautiful. They have music quite often, but didn’t have any when we were there. If you want to learn and taste Washington wines – that’s the place to go.

Visited September 2013
Stanwood, Washington, USA
“great place for July 4th”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We've been there a few times and have enjoyed conversing with the owners, Mike and Kathy. It's nice to learn about local wines and wineries. We had a wonderful time on the fourth with good wine, food, music, and then watching the fireworks over the water. Hope to have this become our annual place to be that day.

Visited July 2013
Seattle, Washington
“I love the idea of a tasting room in LaConner but they need lots of work.”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I had a Living Social coupon for this place. I was excited for wine, appetizers and scenery. Yes the scenery is great but that was about it. We ordered the wine and appetizers. We ordered more than what was on the coupon. The spreads were delicious until I found a hair mixed in. Yes I know this happens frequently anywhere so I let it go. Then I was about to dig in to the chicken kabob when I looked closer. There was mold on it. So I told the lady and she said that's impossible. It is only a couple days old and it is just the Italian seasonings on it. Yuck! Italian seasonings are not hairy. Ok so then the wine. Great selection! Delicious even! Until I went to buy one of the ones I tasted, they didn't have any to sell.
All around disappointed.
If you want to wine taste, go to Woodinvillle.

• Visited May 2013
Anna J, Owner at La Conner Sips, responded to this review, September 18, 2016
Hi!

All the best.

Regards,
Anna - La Conner Sips

Been to La Conner Sips? Share your experiences!