“Never Again!”
Review of La Conner Sips

La Conner Sips
Ranked #15 of 36 Restaurants in La Conner
Cuisines: American
Description: Tasting room. Wine by the glass or bottles to go. Tap beer and nice 'big' small plates menu. Patio on the channel and boardwalk where nice dogs are very welcome. Enjoy La Conner, wines from around the world and watching the boats find there way at La Conner Sips. Join in on a Paint-n- Sip wineglass painting party. Private parties are welcome!
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I just wanted to let you what a disappointing experience we had at Washington Sips. We arrived and from the moment they learned we were not there for the expensive dinner and show but we had a voucher, we were immediately were made to feel unwelcomed. We sat down.. waited, waited and waited to be helped. All around us everyone had a glass of wine in their hand immediately after they sat down. After waiting 30 minutes and not having been helped, we decided to walk out. We drove 40 minutes to this location on a date night and were so excited to experience this venue and their wine. We would never go back, we felt we were treated horribly, ignored! No hospitality what so ever.

Anna J, Owner at La Conner Sips, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2016

Hi!

I am Anna the new owner. My husband David and I took over Washington Sips about March 2015. We completely remodeled. We changed the name to La Conner Sips and we carry wines from around the world, no longer limiting our selection to Washington only.

We are very proud to be able to say that since we started 1.5 years ago we have not received a single negative review. We thoroughly enjoy sharing special wines and good times inb our lovely little town of La Conner. We focus on finding great wines at prices the average wine fan can afford.

I encourage anyone considering visiting us to look at reviews posted after 02/2015 to get a better understanding of who we are today.

All the best.

Regards,
Anna - La Conner Sips

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Small wine bar, don’t expect a big selection of meals there, light appetizers, but you definitely can rely that you taste some great local wines. The owners are very friendly and knowledgeable, they focus on Washington wines and very carefully select the wines they offer. The view from the deck over the river is beautiful. They have music quite often, but didn’t have any when we were there. If you want to learn and taste Washington wines – that’s the place to go.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We've been there a few times and have enjoyed conversing with the owners, Mike and Kathy. It's nice to learn about local wines and wineries. We had a wonderful time on the fourth with good wine, food, music, and then watching the fireworks over the water. Hope to have this become our annual place to be that day.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I had a Living Social coupon for this place. I was excited for wine, appetizers and scenery. Yes the scenery is great but that was about it. We ordered the wine and appetizers. We ordered more than what was on the coupon. The spreads were delicious until I found a hair mixed in. Yes I know this happens frequently anywhere so I let it go. Then I was about to dig in to the chicken kabob when I looked closer. There was mold on it. So I told the lady and she said that's impossible. It is only a couple days old and it is just the Italian seasonings on it. Yuck! Italian seasonings are not hairy. Ok so then the wine. Great selection! Delicious even! Until I went to buy one of the ones I tasted, they didn't have any to sell.
All around disappointed.
If you want to wine taste, go to Woodinvillle.

Hi!

All the best.

Regards,
Anna - La Conner Sips

Reviewed May 18, 2013

This is a very low key place, so if you're looking for something fancy, this might not be for you.

But, if you're looking for a laid back atmosphere, great Washington wine and knowledgeable service...This is it!

Thanks to Mike & Kathy and their crew for the wonderful service we always receive when visiting Washington Sips.

Been to La Conner Sips? Share your experiences!