“Nice rooms but I would not stay again.”

La Conner Country Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in La Conner
Beaverton, Oregon
“Nice rooms but I would not stay again.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

A clean room with high vaulted ceilings and wood paneling was ok, but I did not get a "country feel". Since stayed after Labor day the tourists have thinned out, so I might be feeling the vacuum. There are only a couple of pictures on the wall, that feel like "corporate purchases", and not really homey at all. The property is a street back from the waterfront, so I did not get the waterfront experience either. La Conner is fun to have a meal on the water, and to visit the quaint shops and galleries. The hotels should drop their prices more after tourist season. In the future I will come for the what the town offers, but stay in a less pricey property or with a water view.

Room Tip: They will show you the rooms if you ask.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TrevorAlaine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Covington, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

Room was large and very nicely decorated (a lot of natural wood trim). We would stay here again. It's located in La Conner where there are plenty of places to eat and things to do. It's very scenic here.

• Stayed September 2012
Newport Coast, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

A last minute one night stay brought us to this nice little place. The staff was super friendly and the lobby offerred a sample of what the room would be like. All the decor was cozy and comfortable...I hate the word "quaint". It was more like a lodge or nice cabin atmosphere. The room was spacious, flatscreen TV, gas fireplace. My first thought was to return in the winter when we would really enjoy the cozy fire and comfortable furniture! The room was just a tiny bit run down, and my significant other complained about the mattress (I seem to be immune to mattress quality). The location within La Conner was great, near the water. All in all, I liked the experience and would definitely return! We didn't have nearly enough time to check out the town and enjoy the hotel, due to our late arrival and early departure.

Room Tip: Our windows faced a wall. I don't know if any rooms had views of the town or water.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
North Hollywood, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I went up to La Conner for a wedding this labor day weekend and stayed at the inn. My good friend (who was getting married) is from La Conner and her parents own the Nell Thorn, located next to the inn. The inn was very cozy, clean and had great beds! The bathroom was spacious and the shower was powerful. Staff was friendly. The only disappointment was the in-room coffee maker had a fly in the coffee pot and when we asked to replace the coffee maker the replacement one didn't work! It's ok though, the front desk delivered coffee to our room free of charge.

I would happily stay here again if I am ever in Northern WA again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Kirkland, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed at the Country Inn twice in August 2012. The first time was with my elderly parents, so we had two first floor rooms ($119 for a midweek stay). They really loved the atmosphere, the breakfast and the attached restaurant, Nell Thorn. My step-dad wants to return on a rainy, cold winter day and use the fireplace. Then two weeks later I stayed again with two friends in an upstairs room ($169 for Friday night). We loved the tall ceilings upstairs--made the room seem even bigger and was brighter inside than the 1st floor. The staff is very friendly and we enjoyed the afternoon cookies and an easy, nutritious breakfast. La Conner is very walkable, and the Inn is close to everything in town. My recommendations for La Conner -- Hutch Studio (an historic house filled with amazing art ideas. The reason I often come to La Conner); Calico Cupboard (great breakfast & pastries); Seeds Restaurant (really, really GOOD food, nice interior); Nell Thorn (great food & ambiance); La Conner Pub (run down old tavern, but GREAT fish & chips and seating out on the deck); Go Outside (a small, expensive, but amazing store); Christianson's Nursery (it has a vintage one room school house with an amazing English garden on the grounds); Conway Pub (FANTASTIC hamburger, gritty feel, but historic -- sit outside); Snow Goose Produce (biggest icecream cones I've EVER seen); Lenning Farms Berry Barn (fantastic pie). This is all in addition to being 20 minutes from Anacortes, 5 minutes from tulip fields, 20 min from Chuckanut Drive to Bellingham. I LOVE THIS AREA.

Room Tip: 2nd floor has high ceilings and are brighter
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

I like this place. I really do. It was the first place I ever stayed when I discovered LaConner 20 years ago. And I've stayed there several times over the years. It's warm and reliable, with cozy fireplaces and nice rooms. You're a block from the heart of town. But frankly, it's overpriced compared to the B&Bs nearby. If you're looking for a hotel in LaConner, it's either the Inn or their sister property, the Channel Lodge (which is even more expensive). A King room on a weeknight is around $150/night. Too much for the LaConner Country Inn. That's why I make lots of day trips to LaConner (returning to Seattle) or stay nearby. But you won't be disappointed with the Inn. Still a great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank janbosj
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

We recently stayed at the La Conner Country Inn on a mother-daughter getaway. We were pleasantly surprised with the room. We were on the second floor and it had a tall sloped ceiling, and wooden shutters on the windows, providing a quaint chalet vibe. There was an in-room fireplace as well. The place had a certain charm. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Cookies were available in the lounge area, and a continental breakfast in the morning. The Nell Thorn restaurant attached on the second floor, updated its menu daily and offered a modern west-coast selection. Everything in La Conner is within walking distance from the hotel (including the La Conner Brew Pub which is handy for a cool beverage and a wood oven pizza). The Tulalip casino and outlet malls are approximately a 35 minute drive away. The room was a good value. I will return.

Room Tip: A room on the second floor has a tall ceiling and easy access to/from the Nell Thorn restaurant.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
#3 of 10 in Anacortes
The Marina Inn
The Marina Inn
#2 of 10 in Anacortes

Been to La Conner Country Inn? Share your experiences!