“Leisurely, beautiful stay.”

La Conner Channel Lodge
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in La Conner
Reviewed December 28, 2010

My husband and I spent a wonderful night at the La Conner Channel Lodge. Immediately upon walking into the lodge we were greeted with a warm fireplace and complimentary wine. There is natural wood all around which added to the lodge feeling.

The Lodge is located in LaConner directly on the Swinomish Channel. It is the only hotel in LaConner directly on the water. Our room had its own fireplace, wing back chairs and a balcony overlooking the channel. In addition, we received a very tasty breakfast in the morning.

We would recommend this property for anyone looking for a relaxing and beautiful place, for a special occasion or just a well deserved rest.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 28, 2010

The staff was great! Loved the warm welcoming atmosphere. Very romantic location, can't wait to come back

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Excellent room, great views, close to village, and a good breakfast. A grumpy morning clerk!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2010

in addition to air conditioning problems and staff issues---

I left my room for less than 45 minutes,(just minutes after checking in), and was robbed of cash and an emergency medical kit.

All this happened while I went to check on my extended family and their AC problem. The front desk was aware of what was going on and not helpful with the room change.

The theif must have been someone with a key, because they got in, left no forced entry signs, did a snatch and grab and turned the AC unit down (probably so they could hear anyone coming -is my guess).
I talked to manager and she was not helpful.
I did file a police report.
I will report back if the management makes things right.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank southerviewpoint
LaConnerManagement, Director of Sales at La Conner Channel Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2011

This guest gave several conflicting stories to Management and Police. Management tried several times to help her and each time she called her story changed. We sat down with her and the police to file a report and found her story to be fraudulent. We have left this matter to the authorities.

Reviewed June 4, 2010

I have stayed at this property every year for the past four years for business. We stay at the Channel lodge, but use the conference room at the Country Inn (sister property one block away). This is a great hotel. I keep saying I need to take my wife here for a night, as it could for sure be a great romantic trip.
Rooms are not huge, but have the built in gas fire place, comfy queen size beds. Bathroom is decent size and small flat screen tv's are nice. In addition the summer time must be great sitting on the deck outside each room enjoying the view of the canal.
Only negative would be the thin walls..i almost always wake up listening to someone snore, or walk about their room.....but bring some white noise and all is good. They have in room AC's, but those are only operational when the weather gets hot..some how they have those turned off in normal climate times.
Free wifi was a bonus as is the free parking!
Great Continental Breakfast and incredibly friendly staff. There are only two places in town and this one is for sure the best. The Country Inn, one block inland is owned by the same folks, and has rooms with two beds if that is what you are looking for. I'm pretty sure that all the rooms at the Channel lodge only have single beds (queens).
Yes, you have to pay a decent amount to stay, but it's not like you have other options. Visit Laconner for a weekend, fun town to walk through and visit. Eat lunch at the Tavern (great fish and chips) and dinner a the Pub (great pizza).....so much to do and the Channel lodge is a good place to crash.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Donald D
Reviewed July 12, 2009

Stayed here for two nights preceding a bike tour for which the group was meeting here and staying an additional night.
Arrived tired after a transatlantic flight and found complimentary wine and nibbles waiting for us to enjoy on the terrace while someone played the piano: a very good welcome. Made it easy for us to talk to other guests, some of whom had been coming for years.
No restaurant, but that's not a problem in La Conner (we particularly enjoyed the La Conner Brewing Co for a light meal - not fancy). Room was a reasonable size but the bath tub cramped (I'm over 6 foot). View and (miniscule) balcony as promised, across Sound. Breakfast excellent if a little crowded, and you had to be quick for the good stuff!
We were upgraded to the Deluxe room for our last night (with the group) and this was good - larger and better laid out - but not worth $100+ a night extra to me.
The guest computer in the lobby was a nice touch.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2009

My wife and myself spent one night mid-week to celebrate my birthday. We got a Queen room at a discounted pre-season rate, so it was good value. Normal rate would have been much higher. Our room was very clean, chocolates were left with a "Happy Birthday" note and bathroom ammenities were high quality. Good breakfast, cookies and cookie in the lobby at all times and constantly refreshed. Staff was helpful. Our only complaint was that the deck was only big enough for two chair and those were squashed together. Over all a very good experinence. Don't know whether things might have been different if they were busier, but we were pleased.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Swinomish Casino & Lodge
Swinomish Casino & Lodge
#4 of 10 in Anacortes
Best Western Plus Oak Harbor Hotel and Conference Center

Been to La Conner Channel Lodge? Share your experiences!