“Great place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in La Conner
Las Vegas
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2005

We stayed at the Channel Lodge for a family wedding and we all were pleasantly surprised how lovely this hotel was. The rooms were very nice and clean. The home made continental breakfast was one of the best I have had. There was a wine and cheese reception on weekends with a pianist for a few hours. The staff and the whole town were very friendly and accomodating. I would give this 4 stars for our stay. We would go back and hope to someday.

• Stayed April 2005
3 Thank davsuze

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2005

A very cozy and relaxing getaway all that you could ask for. The wine receptions on Friday and Saturday nights with a live pianist is a great service to the guests. And the help is freindly and prompt. Continental breakfast is very good and has quit a bit of choices. It was one of the most relaxing weakends I have had in a long time. A great spot to get away and enjoy the pacific northwest.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2003

Nice city, great location, cute and comfortable rooms. Almost everything works well here except the evening front desk help. My wife: "has my husband checked in?" Clerk: "I don't know, I've checked a lot of people in today." When I did check in later I waited five minutes behind someone else before the clerk acknowledged my presence. Its the small and friendly things that make you feel welcome at nice small hotels, but unfortunately not here. Probably not by intent, just from lack of management and training. But then that's what you're paying for.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2003

Quiet, channel view of boat traffic, fireplaces to warm the evening, nice continental breakfast, close to everything in LaConner, piano to listen to, a reading room, and fresh chocolate chip cookies to nibble on while reading!! The only problem is the exchange on the money for us poor Canadians. We get no breaks whatsoever on the price here! In Seattle we can get money at par in some places. However, that said, we love this Channel Lodge and make it our place to stay while in LaConner. Comfortable beds...and a feeling of complete privacy! From North Vancouver, B.C.

17 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2002

I hate booking hotels sight unseen...so, having made last minute reservations for a romantic getaway, it was with trepidation that I made the final turn onto ... and the Channel Lodge came into view.
I must say that my wife and I were both immediatly taken with the place...from its unpretentious Northwest architecture to its cozy setting on the Swinomish Channel. The room itself was a far cry from "just another motel room," as I had read in an online review somewhere. Very nicely appointed and warmed by a gas fireplace. We also had a nice little porch facing the water. And, while the view wasn't exactly a masterpiece, it is pretty hard to fault the scene for divulging its fishing and lumber town roots. A clear view of LaConner's famous Rainbow Bridge also added to the overall effect. Check this one out.

19 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#2 of 10 in Anacortes
La Conner Country Inn
La Conner Country Inn
#3 of 3 in La Conner

Been to La Conner Channel Lodge? Share your experiences!