“Great experience all around for business travel”

The Heathman Hotel Kirkland
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland
Berkeley, California
“Great experience all around for business travel”
Reviewed January 31, 2010

I stayed at Heathman Hotel for a week in Jan 10 as part of a work trip. The service, environment, amenities and all were fantastic. I don't think too much about hotel stays when I travel, I basically look for a comfortable bed in a convenient location with a helpful staff. The Heathman exceeded my expectations on all accounts. The folks at reception were helpful and professional, the food at the restaurant was outstanding (outstanding fish and steak dishes), the gym (although a bit small) was just what I needed to exercise either in the morning or in the evening and the internet connection in the room worked fine.

I will definitely return to the Heathman when I travel to Kirkland again. Thanks.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Johntheexplorer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Idaho
Reviewed January 27, 2010

The Heathman's location is outstanding -- close to Lake Washington, fantastic boutique shopping, a French bakery, and a great area for nightlife a couple of minutes away. The room was large and very conveniently laid out, and had thoughtful amenities. This clean, comfortable, and lovely hotel had great service, the best-tasting food anywhere, and a cost so affordable that there I was surprised at the number of young adults staying there while I was there; I had had this hotel pegged as too luxurious/expensive to be accessible to younger crowds. My favorite thing was the food, including room service. My least favorite thing was having to leave. Can't wait for a chance to go back.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed January 8, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Heathman along with my 70 year old father and sister's family complete with a toddler. We all had impecable rooms and great service AS ALWAYS!! From a late night "last drink" to the growing breakfast gathering Sunday morning (we moved tables twice because our group kept growing in size), all without any eye rolls from the Trellis staff. A group of friends stayed downtown Seattle for walking access, but we wouldn't dream of staying anywhere but the Heathman when in the Seattle or Portland area. We are totally spoiled there from bed choices to fitted slippers, and now can add a late night hot dog stand stop to the list of pluses, located a block down from the hotel front door...I recommend the Seattle Original, with cream cheese-REALLY, it's good. Thanks HH

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
San Diego, CA
Reviewed January 2, 2010

My wife and I traveled to Kirkland, WA in November of 2009 to visit a family friend, and were fortunate enough to stay at the beautiful Heathman, Kirkland.

From the moment that we arrived we were welcomed by th staff warmly, and preceded to enjoy the next four nights.

The room was very well appointed, and the staff was impeccable. Of course we cannot say enough about the restaurant, it was beautiful, the food fantastic and the staff remarkable.

The Heathman Kirkland is a fantastic hotel in the same tradition that has forever been associated with the Heathman Hotels.

When vising the Kirkland, Bellevue area the Heathman is the place to stay.

Keep up the good work,

Best regards,

Tim Felegy & Dawn-Marie Evans

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Edmonds, Washington
Reviewed January 1, 2010

A very comfortable hotel. The staff are very attentive. They place a dog bed and dog bowls in our room prior to our arrival. The housekeeping staff came by with bottle water and ice as it was New Year's Eve.
The bed which was a pillow top was luxurious. We seemed to be missing a couch in our room but maybe that's because we had our dog. The towels could have been thicker and softer.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
New York, NY
Reviewed December 26, 2009

I loved the unpretentious comfort and quite luxury of this small hotel. Arriving after a long flight, I was pleasantly surprised to receive a complimentary upgrade, the room was lovely, well-designed, with a great soaking tub. I partook of some great spa services, including a truly expert deep tissue massage. The food is excellent, much of it organic and locally grown by the chef. Service is terrific and very pleasant. I'll be returning for my second stay there in a couple of months!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank qse
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 18, 2009

I stayed at this hotel on a business trip to the Kirkland area. I was impressed -- the hotel has lots of style. Beautiful lobby, nice rooms with plush ammenities. The check-in process was slow, but the service was very nice and attentive. The room was great: big bathroom, nice bedding, etc. -- my only wish was that the working area in the room was a bit bigger. I loved the French press coffee in the room! The hotel is located within walking distance to a little shopping area with lots of restaurants, etc. Would certainly return.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank brmusicman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkland
Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,156 reviews
Courtyard Seattle Kirkland
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle
Four Seasons Hotel Seattle

Been to The Heathman Hotel Kirkland? Share your experiences!