“It is 'Home away from Home', with a great 'garden to table' restaurant, and staff second to none!”

The Heathman Hotel Kirkland
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland
California
Reviewed June 25, 2009

A MUST READ:
The following is a special thank you I sent to the hotel Director of Rooms Division, Brandi Hyder, "Our travel to Kirkland, Washington was to find a cure for the medical issues my wife has been challenged with over the past five or more years. Needless to say, finding a comfortable hotel was a priority. When we viewed the list of hotel suggestions that the medical clinic provided, our attention quickly focused on the Heathman Hotel! Several years back my wife and I visited the Heathman in Portland and had a wonderful experience, so we thought if our stay at your Heathman in Kirkland was just a fraction as good as our stay in Portland, what a great way to deal with the medical stress issues.
We were so fortunate to have you take our telephone call to explain the different ‘sleep comfort’ offerings you had available. When you began a personal e-mail communication to reach the culmination of our reservation commitment I just knew we selected the right hotel for our week long stay. When you stay in one place for a week, the sleeping experience, etc. can be a challenge. You asked all the right questions in an effort to identify with our needs, and made a perfect suite assignment with Suite 415! The bed was fantastic, along with all the other great amenities. Learning from your website that the Heathman is a Luxury Boutique Hotel does not tell the whole story! Your personalized approach from the time we arrived in the prearranged Town Car, with champagne and a cheese plate from the Hotel's Trellis Restaurant delivered to our Suite, was a much appreciated touch to a long day of travel. You remembered it was our 40th Anniversary! But it didn’t stop there, we took advantage of room service from the Trellis, to tired to venture out, and what a pleasant experience. We were so impressed with the organic ‘Farm to Table’ dining experience, the food preparation was unbelievable, that it captured our patronage all week long with breakfast and dinner (and of course a couple of lunches when not at the clinic). The organic ambiance served in a relaxing environment provided some relaxing and romantic stress free moments, supported by the many fine wines to select from! (I certainly took advantage of the wine offerings, plus a couple of bottles brought home!)
I could spend hours expounding on the merits of the hotels accommodations and services (the spa, housekeeping, room service, restaurant personnel, and let’s not forget ladies and gentlemen at the front desk – ALL OF THEM!) that we experienced with all the staff giving an extra effort, in a natural way, to please us…just because it seemed to be the right thing to do, and very happy to do it. Our experience for the week was like “Home away from Home”. G-d Bless you and your well trained staff for taking especially good care of my wife’s needs and mine while we were your guests.
See you in a couple of months!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
NYC
Reviewed May 26, 2009

I'm a self proclaimed high maintenance New Yorker and so if I say the Heathman was above and beyond expectations, you better believe it! First off, The General Manager of the hotel, Les Utley, went out of his way to ensure my stay was special. I was traveling on "business" transporting my father who has Alzheimer's Disease across to his new home on Mercer Island. As one may imagine, this was a very trying experience. But at the end of several harrowing days, coming back to my room at the Heathman was like my own little slice of Zen. I was upgraded to The Gallery Suite, which was a phenomenal space with high cielings, oversized windows, dual balconies, kitchenette and massive marble spa bath with soaking tub and separate glassed-in shower. I traveled with a friend who stayed in the bedroom and I slept on the pullout in the living room which was surprisingly comfy. Really! The King bed in the bedroom was honestly one of the most comfortable beds I've ever felt. Plus lovely luxury bedding. An added bonus was the dual flat screen TVs so my girlfriend could watch a movie while I watched Real Housewives of NYC :) Oh, and yes, there was also a double-sided fireplace that added to the ambiance. Room service was also tasty and quick, and not over the top expensive for a high end boutique hotel. My girlfriend booked a massage and claims it was the best she's ever had. An added plus, free wireless high speed Internet. Hello? Why hasn't every other hotel in the world caught on to this yet? To top it off, the service was warm, welcoming, attentive and professional. I'm a total hotel snob and I loved the Heathman :)
Thank you Les, for making our stay so special. I will definitely return!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Redwood City
Reviewed May 1, 2009

Like many business travelers, I go from one city to the next staying in hotels we're all familiar with. The first time I was booked at the Heathman Hotel I didn't know what to expect and I could not have been any happier when I walked in through the doors. The staff is professional and very customer oriented. The rooms are clean and spacious as well. There is no fee to use the gym - what a concept. Everything from restaurants to the shopping center are within walking distance.

The best part of my second stay at the Heathman is that after a long day of training - I was able to get a hot cup of coffee and walk to the local park where a high school baseball game was taking place. I sat down for a few minutes to enjoy the game and then returned to the hotel for a great dinner meal. I plan to continue staying at the Heathman during my travels to Redmond and Kirkland.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Bay Area, California
Reviewed April 28, 2009

My girlfriend and I stayed in this hotel while we were visiting my parents who live in the area. My Dad had recommended this Hotel to me so we gave it a shot and we are pleasantly suprised.

The first thing I will say about this hotel is it is on the smaller side which I actually enjoy more than a huge hotel. The front desk area is very small and often staffed by just one or two people. We always received very friendly and helpful service from the staff whenever we needed directions, recommendations, or valet service. The entry way and sitting area was extremely clean. There was no dust anywhere and the carpets and tile floor were spotless. I actually commented about how clean the hotel was when my girlfriend and I got onto the elevator.

When we got to our room we found a very modern yet subdued room with a lot of earth tones which is very soothing and relaxing. The rooms looked like they were very well kept. All of the furniture was in very good condition and the carpet and tile was again, spotless. The bathroom was very nice. There was no tub but a full size shower that can easily fit more than one person. My girlfriend was excited because there was a dedicated makeup stand with a full size mirrior.

We ordered dessert from room service one time and got great service. The chocolate cake was delicious and served promptly by a friendly waitress. Overall we had a great experience and we would definitely stay here again.

On a side note this is a great little area very close to the water (About two blocks). There are TONS of neat little cafes and shops all over the area. You need only walk across the street to get a great pastry and morning coffee (The French bakery).

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, MO
Reviewed April 28, 2009

My wife loves nice hotels and I am at least a little bit price conscious, but we were both ecstatic with the Heathman. We spend four nights at the Heathman and wished we could have spend more time there. Even after seeing the fabulous reviews, the Heathman still managed to exceed our expectations for both service and room quality . We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would heartily recommend this hotel. The location was perfect for a long weekend in the Seatlle area.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bigsky89
santa fe
Reviewed April 21, 2009

Our stay at The Heathman was an unmitigated pleasure for my wife and me; we unreservedly recommend this hotel - especially to the more discerning traveler.

The hotel’s motto “where service is still an art” is their distinguishing factor and they more than lived up to it; the relatively young, very professional staff across the board were particularly helpful and genuinely involved in our welfare especially the Executive Assistant Manager Liane DeCourcy; Brandi Hyder, Director of Rooms Division and Sally Lee the Executive Housekeeper.

I have been traveling the world on business for over 40 years. Knowing that my wife and I would be based in the Kirkman/Seattle area for a week and as our standards are high we conducted some thorough research before deciding on The Heathman.

Our room was most comfortable and tastefully furnished. The very personable Executive Chef of the hotel restaurant - The Trellises - Brian Scheehser, was totally into food and wine not only in the cooking and presentation of his craft but even through growing his own organic produce on his own land.

If there was one drawback to the hotel it was that there was not a business center for those who like to work out of their rooms but there is universal wireless internet access. All in all, whether you are visiting the area on business with some of the nearby world famous software companies or “en vacances”, based on our experience, staying at The Heathman would be unquestionably the right choice. This is a hotel very much on the rise and deserves to be patronized by those who care about great service and delicious food.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 26, 2009

Only spent one night here but would have liked to stay longer. The hotel is a very short walk to Lake Washington. The has a modern boutique feel to it. We were greeted by a very helpful doorman who helped with our bags, called for the valet, assisted with our check-in and then brought our bags to the room. All the staff we encountered were friendly, courteous and very helpful. Our room was nicely designed and comfortable. The room included a flat panel TV, internet service and a minibar. The bathroom was large and had a very nice walk-in shower (no bath). Am sorry that we didn't have a chance to try the hotel's restaurant, Trellis as I had heard good things about it. We enjoyed our stay there and would stay again if we were in the area.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lar36
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkland
Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa
#5 of 29 in Bellevue
Salish Lodge & Spa
Salish Lodge & Spa
#1 of 2 in Snoqualmie

Been to The Heathman Hotel Kirkland? Share your experiences!