“Training”

The Heathman Hotel Kirkland
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland
Reviewed May 1, 2009

Like many business travelers, I go from one city to the next staying in hotels we're all familiar with. The first time I was booked at the Heathman Hotel I didn't know what to expect and I could not have been any happier when I walked in through the doors. The staff is professional and very customer oriented. The rooms are clean and spacious as well. There is no fee to use the gym - what a concept. Everything from restaurants to the shopping center are within walking distance.

The best part of my second stay at the Heathman is that after a long day of training - I was able to get a hot cup of coffee and walk to the local park where a high school baseball game was taking place. I sat down for a few minutes to enjoy the game and then returned to the hotel for a great dinner meal. I plan to continue staying at the Heathman during my travels to Redmond and Kirkland.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for The Heathman Hotel Kirkland

Reviewed April 28, 2009

My girlfriend and I stayed in this hotel while we were visiting my parents who live in the area. My Dad had recommended this Hotel to me so we gave it a shot and we are pleasantly suprised.

The first thing I will say about this hotel is it is on the smaller side which I actually enjoy more than a huge hotel. The front desk area is very small and often staffed by just one or two people. We always received very friendly and helpful service from the staff whenever we needed directions, recommendations, or valet service. The entry way and sitting area was extremely clean. There was no dust anywhere and the carpets and tile floor were spotless. I actually commented about how clean the hotel was when my girlfriend and I got onto the elevator.

When we got to our room we found a very modern yet subdued room with a lot of earth tones which is very soothing and relaxing. The rooms looked like they were very well kept. All of the furniture was in very good condition and the carpet and tile was again, spotless. The bathroom was very nice. There was no tub but a full size shower that can easily fit more than one person. My girlfriend was excited because there was a dedicated makeup stand with a full size mirrior.

We ordered dessert from room service one time and got great service. The chocolate cake was delicious and served promptly by a friendly waitress. Overall we had a great experience and we would definitely stay here again.

On a side note this is a great little area very close to the water (About two blocks). There are TONS of neat little cafes and shops all over the area. You need only walk across the street to get a great pastry and morning coffee (The French bakery).

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2009

My wife loves nice hotels and I am at least a little bit price conscious, but we were both ecstatic with the Heathman. We spend four nights at the Heathman and wished we could have spend more time there. Even after seeing the fabulous reviews, the Heathman still managed to exceed our expectations for both service and room quality . We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would heartily recommend this hotel. The location was perfect for a long weekend in the Seatlle area.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bigsky89
Reviewed April 21, 2009

Our stay at The Heathman was an unmitigated pleasure for my wife and me; we unreservedly recommend this hotel - especially to the more discerning traveler.

The hotel’s motto “where service is still an art” is their distinguishing factor and they more than lived up to it; the relatively young, very professional staff across the board were particularly helpful and genuinely involved in our welfare especially the Executive Assistant Manager Liane DeCourcy; Brandi Hyder, Director of Rooms Division and Sally Lee the Executive Housekeeper.

I have been traveling the world on business for over 40 years. Knowing that my wife and I would be based in the Kirkman/Seattle area for a week and as our standards are high we conducted some thorough research before deciding on The Heathman.

Our room was most comfortable and tastefully furnished. The very personable Executive Chef of the hotel restaurant - The Trellises - Brian Scheehser, was totally into food and wine not only in the cooking and presentation of his craft but even through growing his own organic produce on his own land.

If there was one drawback to the hotel it was that there was not a business center for those who like to work out of their rooms but there is universal wireless internet access. All in all, whether you are visiting the area on business with some of the nearby world famous software companies or “en vacances”, based on our experience, staying at The Heathman would be unquestionably the right choice. This is a hotel very much on the rise and deserves to be patronized by those who care about great service and delicious food.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2009

Only spent one night here but would have liked to stay longer. The hotel is a very short walk to Lake Washington. The has a modern boutique feel to it. We were greeted by a very helpful doorman who helped with our bags, called for the valet, assisted with our check-in and then brought our bags to the room. All the staff we encountered were friendly, courteous and very helpful. Our room was nicely designed and comfortable. The room included a flat panel TV, internet service and a minibar. The bathroom was large and had a very nice walk-in shower (no bath). Am sorry that we didn't have a chance to try the hotel's restaurant, Trellis as I had heard good things about it. We enjoyed our stay there and would stay again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lar36
Reviewed February 24, 2009

The Heathman Hotel was the absolute best lodging experience I have had in over 35 years of military, contractor and government employee travel. This hotel is dedicated to customer service and exceeding client expectations from the managers (Les Utley and Liane DeCourcy ) to every member of the staff. Only 20 minutes from the SEATAC airport it is in the quant city of Kirkland which is full of on the water ambience. I highly recommend anyone who has business or leisure plans in the Seattle area to consider this exceptional lodging experience.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank VirginiaTraveler747
Reviewed February 8, 2009

DH and I celebrated a milestone anniversary at the Heathman and it was a perfect choice. I could not believe how reasonable the rate was for this kind of hotel! The room was magnificently appointed, and the location for walking around downtown Kirkland is excellent. This was a terrific getaway without going very far. I wish I could go every weekend!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank lesstravelwkids
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkland
Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa
Inn at the Market
Inn at the Market
#1 of 102 in Seattle
La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Bellevue / Kirkland

Been to The Heathman Hotel Kirkland? Share your experiences!