“Had an A-H-mazing stay!”

The Heathman Hotel Kirkland
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland
Kingston, Washington
“Had an A-H-mazing stay!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We typically stay in down town Seattle when we want to take a weekend away in the city, but saw a Living Social deal for the Heathman, and decided to take advantage. Well let me tell you, that was a great decision! Making our reservations was quick, and easy. We got the exact dates that we wanted without issue. We arrived and the valet was at my door before I had even unbuckled. Check in was seamless, and our room was amazing! The turn down service was a nice little touch. The next day we ordered room service from Trellis, and again it was speedy, and exceptionally tasty! After we spent the day in the city we returned to our room to find it in perfect condition! The wine we had left out was placed back into the ice bucket, and the ice had been refilled! Our last morning at the hotel we ate in the restaurant, and our service was quick, and friendly. Check out was as seamless as check in, and when when we jumped back in our car to leave, we found freshly made donuts to go, from the hotel restaurant. I have to say that I have stayed in a lot of hotels, and I have never seen a hotel go to so much trouble to cover the small details. It is those details that will definitely have us coming back in the future. You have gained customers for life!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Redmond, Washington
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We love this hotel and and the Trellis restaurant. So close to darling shops and other restaurants in walking distance..
So comfortable with great service from the desk.
We were able to take our dog and have lunch in the very comfortable lobby.

When we want another getaway that is close by we will again chose the Heathman.

Room Tip: Good location, dog friendly with homemade cookies on check-in for our pet. Walking friendly as well...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I booked Heathman for a semi-business trip (tech. conference in Redmond, meeting friends in the area), sort of last minute after reading raving reviews of the place online, canceling the "company-preferred" hotel I had booked before it in Bellevue. Frankly, I was a little nervous since I am used to staying at the more familiar brands. However, the moment I pulled-up the rental car to the hotel, I was pleasantly surprised.

The location was awesome, the design was very unique, the decor polished, and everything well maintained. They were able to get me a Tempur-Pedic non-smoking King-bed room that I had requested online, and the view was amazing, with a door than opens into a small, one-foot deep balcony. When it rained a day later, the view only got better.

The room was well-equipped, but instead of the usual plastic water bottles, the water bottles were refillable, sealed, glass bottles (Yay for environment!). There were robes and cushy slippers in the closet (Thank you! - I hate packing flip-flops) and since I checked-in late, the turn-down service (Am I in Vegas?) had taken care of the covers. I could have left my iPhone charger at home since the room had a 30-pin dock clock radio. The Gilchrist & Soames skin/hair care in the bathroom was luxurious. Oh, and the "coffee-maker" was an exquisite french press with the best coffee from Caffe Vita and a great selection of teas.

The late dinner at the restaurant downstairs was the best grilled cheese and/or tomato-basil soup I have ever had in my life. It was quiet, and the bartender (forget the name) was very knowledgable (about the awesome selection of beers, and a lot more) and friendly.

Even though I had a rental car to get to Microsoft campus in Redmond, I didn't need to since I was able to get a ride (both ways) from the hotel shuttle, all 3 days of my trip. The luxury SUV was clean and spacious and the drivers were courteous gentlemen reminiscent of Alfred from Batman. :)

Day 2, after returning from the conference, I saw there were fresh apples by the elevators, courtesy of the chef. I was able to borrow (complimentary) one of their bikes (came with helmet, lock and a basket), ride it down to/by the lake (Washington) and enjoy one of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen. That made me hungry for dinner, which was "Lamb Osso Buco", fall-off-the-bone, eat-with-a-fork tender with Kale, and a "Smoked Duck" Martini.

Day 3, I was able to enjoy the rainy view, the easy-access, truly-high-speed (watching conference live stream) Internet, along with room-service French Toast. Next day, I had the best corned-beef hash ever.

Last day, at checkout I enquired about the "Argosy Cruise Tickets" and got a complimentary ticket for a quick one-and-half hour boat ride of the lake, just in time to get the cruise, walk back, pick my luggage and car and catch my flight.

The only small issues I saw were that late-night eating options were limited, and it's best to ask/call and check rather than rely on printed hours for dining. Since the staff is also limited, sometimes there was a bit of delay.

Also, I wish that they didn't charge the $3/bottle for water (it's filtered in-house after all), and more importantly, provide bigger bottles.

I get super thirsty in hotel rooms and the first night I ran out of the two small bottles very quickly and then had to run downstairs to ask for more. Even with in-room breakfast I was surprised that on one occasion I was provided a jug of water (free) and the other a bottle (charged).

Other than that - no complaints. This was probably the first time that I liked a hotel so much that I didn't want to leave when the trip was ending. :|

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We came down to Kirkland for a 2 day shopping trip. The service was excellent, from the valet to check to our bags being taken to our room. The rooms are nicely appointed.
Love the little coffee service.
The front desk gave us a map of the community which was a great help when walking around town.
The bed however, was horrible. Two divets down each side of the bed.
You could actually see the lump under the pillow that ran down the middle of the bed.
Sleep is the most important when I am away and the bed was not comfortable.
I would have given the property a 5 but I have to be able to sleep.
Coming to Kirkland will be an annual trip for us and I'd love to stay here again but I am afraid of the bedding situation.
They are definitely 5 star with all the little touches.....the turn down service and the mini donuts in our truck when we left.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed at The Heathman in Kirkland for two nights. Great location within walking distance of small shops and great places to eat. It is not in downtown Seattle. Stormy fall weather did not dampen the experience. We looked at many hotels in and around the Seattle area and The Heathman was a perfect for an adult family reunion.

Room Tip: Used our AMEX to receive free valet and breakfast for two in hotel restaurant. Check all the rate p...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We were attending a wine tasting in Kirkland and were looking for a nice boutique hotel nearby. The Heathman fit the bill. The room on the third floor was spacious with a full bedroom, a sitting room and two tvs. We were pleasantly surprised to find three small balconies and a reasonable view of downtown Kirkland looking west toward Lake Washington. The heater was a bit noisy but nothing is perfect. Happy hour at the Trellis bar is a must. I tried the Escargot Borgoyne for only $8. along with a Rasputin stout from California - both were excellent. Late at night, my wife and I went for a walkabout and picked up a pizza from Pappa Johns as well as a bottle of champagne from the local liquor store. The next morning, as we were sitting in the Trellis cafe, we were treated to the Christmas run down main street. There were costumes of all sorts and dogs - lots of dogs and children. I said to my wife - does everyone in Kirkland own a dog! Just a terrific Christmas experience!

Room Tip: There is no spa and there is only a shower in the room. There is no bar fridge or microwave in the...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ROLAND R
Rabat, Malta
Reviewed December 9, 2013

If you need a quiet place to stay nr Google Kirkland than this Hotel suits. Everything you would expect. The hotel is not near downtown Seattle. At the time of my stay I was led to believe there was a free shuttle service to Seattle, this isn't the case. There is a shuttle service within a 10 mile radius in the other direction to Seattle and this service needs to be booked in advance and runs limited hours. The hotel were kind enough to run me twice as way of apology for the misunderstanding. The local area doesn't offer much other than a few mediocre restaurants in case you fancied wondering out. Nightlife it aint.

Hotel food reasonable but overpriced. Cant comment on the pool as I didnt realise there was one and reception never told me.

Beds are comfy and clean.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank brayster99
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkland
Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa
Baymont Inn & Suites Seattle/Kirkland WA
Hotel Bellevue
Hotel Bellevue
#12 of 29 in Bellevue

Been to The Heathman Hotel Kirkland? Share your experiences!