“Nice Hotel, Weird Bath Door”

The Heathman Hotel Kirkland
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice Hotel, Weird Bath Door”
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Booked a room last minute, was pretty happy. Lots of space, the bathroom was great but why the noisy sliding door that offered little privacy?! The soaps, lotions, etc were top notch for hotel quality and the bed was comfy!

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Issaquah, Washington
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Heathman Hotel for the first and last time this weekend. It was my birthday weekend and we decided to stay in one of the large suites for $300+ a night. The room was nice but the TV is way to small to see, you could not close the blinds and the bed was not my bed option they let you pick. The front desk was rude during arrival, they don't have a parking garage so you have no choice but to pay for valet. The next morning I received my room charges and they charged me $92.00 for strawberries and champagne that I had delivered to our room! I called and talked to customer service and she could not tell me why I was charged this amount, transferred me to another lady and she said she would call me back....I am still waiting! Poor service from this hotel, I would rather stay at the Willows Lodge or Salish for the price at least they have good customer service and don't over charge.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
heathmangm, General Manager at The Heathman Hotel Kirkland, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear WorldTravelerWithSon,

We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us here in Kirkland. Understanding where we did not meet our guest's expectations can only help us improve to be the best hotel we can be, so thank you very muh for your feedback.

Each and every welcome in to our hotel should be warm and friendly, and rudeness of any kind will not be tolerated. Our amenity pricing should have been explained in detail upon the initial order so that all information was shared up front with no surprises later. As for our guest rooms, we've just begun the replacement of all of our current HDTV's with a larger 40 inch model that we hope to complete over the next month.

I have high expectations for our staff to give truly memorable and gracious service, and apologize for a visit in which this was not demonstrated. I know that our Guest Services Manager has been in contact, and I also look forward to speaking with you in person at your convenience.

Troy Longwith - General Manager
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in Kirkland as a base for Seattle and some wine and bicycle touring. I stay at a number of hotels throughout the world, and have a reasonable expectation of what to expect at a hotel. This place blew me away. The amenities are fine and the room comfortable, but the big difference was the people. From the valet who helped pack my bike up to the driver who got me around, the front desk people who made some great suggestions and then helped me to implement them, I appreciated and was pleased by the service. Thanks to the staff at the Heathman - you have a permanent fan!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Melanie1962
Sitka
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The Heathman Hotel in Kirkland has been a welcome lodging whenever we visit our family. We are close to their home but separate. Our grandchildren, age 9 and 11 love to visit. They will even remind us if we haven't stayed recently.
We have learned all about Kirkland from these visits plus been treated with care. No request has gone unmet.

It is where we stay for Thanksgiving. The restaurant is marvelous and it has allowed us to see our children and then give them a break when the grandchildren come for a sleep over with us.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that looks over the bakery side. If you can afford it get a suite because the firepla...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PJ F
Hemet, California
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in Kirkland, WA for my daughters wedding and had several family members there as well as future inlaws. We had several occasions to enjoy the hotels restaurant which had amazing food. The location of the hotel is perfect for enjoying not only Kirkland but Seattle area as well. Words cannot describe the service of the staff at the Heathman. They were active participants for our guests. Truly making us feel as if we were their only concern. From the moment you step through the door to the time you step out the Heathman is world class!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank HAlbright
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We started by the front desk clerk meeting us at the front to tell us that the double queen we had booked was unavailable (Over booking I suspect). However they made up for it by offering us two rooms each with two double beds at the price for one double room. As we a couple and two adult children, that worked for us.
The rooms were spacious, and the beds comfortable. They have a well stocked gym.
However, service was somehow lacking, not in that the front desk staff were eager to be helpful; they simply had not been adequately trained. There is a bus terminal next door. As my children were going to Bumbershoot for the day, I asked how to catch a bus from Seattle to Kirkland. The first person didn't know and didn't seem to know how to find out. Finally, one of the other clerks googled it and printed off a copy.
One night one bed was turned down but not the other.
When we asked about freezing some ice packs we had for meds, they said they only facility they had was near food and they couldn't do it. We were not asking them to freeze the meds.
On our final day, Labour Day, we had a brunch at Trellis where they seemed to be out of half the menu. The waiter first told us of only one thing they were out of, but the list quickly expanded as we tried to order different items. Out of oatmeal? Really? Pricey for what it was.
I think we will be going back to the Woodmark.

Room Tip: Ask for the front where at least some of the rooms have balconies and don't look over a parking...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is my favorite hotel in the area. Not only are the rooms wonderful - the amenities are fantastic. Make sure to schedule a spa treatment they will make you feel like you are in heaven. I ate all my meals at The Trellis. Each meal was top notch and I like that the ingredients are locally sourced.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkland
Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa
#4 of 29 in Bellevue
Inn at the Market
Inn at the Market
#1 of 100 in Seattle

Been to The Heathman Hotel Kirkland? Share your experiences!