“great pleasant staff!”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“great pleasant staff!”
Reviewed May 15, 2008

I went there for a conference organized by Microsoft, and this hotel is arranged by MS. It has the best staff! Very personalized service. Love it!

• Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Albuquerque, NM
Reviewed April 23, 2008

The Heathman Hotel is exceptional to say the least.... we arrived to valet service and that continued until our departure. The room was perfect, and had GREAT amenities. The bathroom was great as well, in fact, I enjoyed a bath immediately upon arriving with the generous portions of amenities. The bathroom door as mentioned in previous reviews did not bother us one bit - in fact, we loved it! We missed out on the spa, but will try it out on our next trip there. I would recomend this hotel to anyone visiting the Seattle area - the great location, staff and restaurant made our trip perfect!

• Liked — Service and Location
  • Disliked — Nothing!
Hillsboro, Oregon
Reviewed April 9, 2008

This hotel is incredible! Service is great - the best beds - walkable location - close to everything - Loved the Bar & Restaurant - The room was just GREAT!

• Liked — The Room and Location
  • Disliked — Nothing!
Steilacoom,WA
Reviewed January 29, 2008

We had a chance to spend the night at this hotel recently. We were excited to have the chance to check out this recently opened hotel. Arrival begins with drive-up valet service. There is a garage available underneath the hotel with elevator access. The desk staff checked us in, showed us to our room and made sure we knew how to operate everything. They are excellent.

Being familiar with the Heathman name, we expected great things.Perhaps they are still working out the kinks, but they still could use some fine tuning. Previous reviewers have mentioned the bathroom door, but that really didn't bother us and our room had a towel hook on the wall next to the tub. They have lovely, plentiful toiletries and plenty of towels in all sizes. Our room had two queen/full beds with a nightstand between. The decor is very modern with clean lines. There was a well-stocked mini-bar and room safe, as well as an electric pot and french-press coffee pot.

I just had two wishes - one would be more mirrors, especially a full-length one and the other would be an explanation of hotel services. There was an ice bucket, but no sign of where to get ice. We had one other problem that doesn't apply to everyone and that was the soft beds. I know there are a number of people that like soft beds and they will be happy here. But for us, they were too soft

This hotel has done a great job of hiring and training a terrific staff.

• Liked — Desk staff
  • Disliked — beds
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
minnesota
Reviewed December 25, 2007

I agree with the last review. But let me start from the top. We booked through the Hotel and got a very good rate. It's new and they probably are doing an intro rate. The service was great although we made the mistake and parked our car in the garage and walked in ourselves instead of using the free valet service that would have been a nice touch and start to the check in procedure. We had decided before coming into the Hotel that we would ask for another small discount to the room as this trip came on the heels of a expensive Europe cruise we had just gotten home from. The Concierge agreed to it and gave us an additional amount off for the two night stay. I told him I would write a review of the Hotel on Trip advsor. He was great. I THINK his name was Steven or something similar. He checked us in and brought ALL our luggage up to the room and showed us around the room. It is a very nice room, brand new everything and probably we were the first to stay in room. BUT, I completely agree with other review the bathroom had NO privacy and we were two couples sharing the room!!!! It did not close all the way, had gaps in the door, did not have any lock on it AND had that strange glass that you can see shadows through. That was HORRIBLE!! Two days of that! I always get stomach aches when I travel so I was not having fun! I wouldn't have even liked it with just my husband. Everything else was great. They just NEED to do something about doors. One other strangething though...they say they are a "green" hotel but during turndown service they turn T.V. and radio on and leave it on til you come back in the evening. That's not green to me???

• Liked — It was brand new clean
  • Disliked — Bathroom doors
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
NPart30
Reviewed December 18, 2007

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a weekend stay in the Seattle area. We really liked the room, but we felt like it was better suited for a business traveler. The bed was very comfortable and the new television was great. We also really appreciated the turndown service, and the staff was exceptional! I also highly recommend the room service breakfasts. They were the best room service breakfast I have ever recieved!

However, we found the bathroom in the room to be a bit odd. I understand that the new trend in design is to not have a full door on the bathroom. Our room had a sliding door, but it did not completely seal when it closed. This made us a bit uncomfortable as we felt we didn't really have a lot of privacy. I also felt that there should have been a hook in the bathroom to hang towels or the robes provided with the room.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkland
Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,156 reviews
Courtyard Seattle Kirkland
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle
Four Seasons Hotel Seattle

Been to The Heathman Hotel Kirkland? Share your experiences!