“Excellent check-in experience and really nice facility”

Courtyard Seattle Kirkland
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

This seems like a newer Courtyard property. The rooms are really nice, as is the main lobby area. It definitely exceeded my expectations. My experience with everyone who worked in the hotel was very positive. The front desk attendant gave me a thorough overview of the property and was extremely friendly. I only wish the hotel was a little closer to downtown Kirkland but it's easy enough to catch a quick can ride. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed August 10, 2014

I stay here often for business. It is exactly what you would expect from a Courtyard. Updated lobby that from my experience is highly under-used by guests. The staff is mostly quite excellent and very friendly. Location is not very good with very few restaurants within walking distance. One has to get in the car to drive for a good meal. A bit pricey for a poor location and very average hotel. I will qualify my earlier statement about the staff. In my 80+ stays here, some of the staff is not as courteous as others. There are a couple of regulars at reception that recognize me immediately and make checking in wonderful. On other occasions, I have been treated like they are doing me a favor. I will state this has been the minority case, but still not pleasant and does not reflect well on the property or Marriott in general

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Dnic1963
Maxim K, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Dear Dnic1963,

Thank you so much for the comments. I am sorry you didn’t get a chance to explore area around our hotel and try one of the 12 local restaurants located just within a block from the hotel. We also located just minutes away from wonderful waterfront restaurants in the Kirkland Downtown and Juanita Bay. I also would like to mention that our own restaurant and coffee shop in the hotel is open all day long, with Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner menus available. We also offer In-Room Dining service between 5pm and 10pm, for the guests who would like to enjoy our extended dinner menu in a comfort of their private guestroom. We hope you will have an opportunity to experience some of the above options during your next visit to Kirkland! Thank you for your patronage and we are looking forward to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 8, 2014

The good.
- First off, the rooms are very comfortable and just a bit bigger then most rooms I have stayed in. We where in a double king room and having that extra space was awesome. The bed was super soft and cozy. The addition of the smaller table under the office desk was great for getting some work done. The little single sofa was also nice touch.
- Lots of places to eat in the near by area. There was a Subway, Burger King, McDonald's, Picnics Hot Dogs and a Five Guys. There was also a 24 hour market across the street and it was huge, went over there for lunch sense they had a full deli counter.
- The room had a fridge and a microwave, which was great because I ended up going to that market across to street for snacks, sodas and beer.
- The Bistro Resturant was ok, I wasn't expecting much because it was a hotel restaurant, but not too bad. The only thing I didn't like was they didn't have a lot of staff running it and it was a weekend, so the lines where long but the food came out in a decent amount of time and the Starbucks wasn't too bad.

Not so great
- Room service was an issue. I know the one day where being lazy a bit and we didn't out of the room until 2pm, but we did call house cleaning and when we got back, the room was still in a mess. We had to call to get someone to clean the room and that person didn't seem like they where too crazy to be doing it. I mean, they did just fine, but you could tell it was a "Hey Julian, we need to clean this room...." kind of situation.
- Stairs on the other side of the hotel. I know this many seem pity, but the hotel is only three stories tall, but sense I was on the third floor, I usually take the stairs. Normally, they're at the end of a hallway or near the elevator. At this hotel, they're on the other side of the hotel and you have to walk all the way to the end of a U to get to them. Not sure a bad walk really, but a bit odd.

Room Tip: Pick the lower number rooms as they are near the elevator, higher numbers are near the stairs.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nanoman689

Dear Nanoman689,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Seattle-Kirkland for your recent visit. Thank you for the detailed feedback as it essential for us to know the areas that we can improve upon. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you again during your next visit.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

This was my 5th or 6th stay over the last three years. Rooms still fine. But service/attitude has really changed. Stay was July 25-28.

1. When I walked in there were two people at front desk - neither even bothered to look up. Finally one did - there was no welcome, just a sullen what do you want attitude. I put,y things in the room and left immediately to visit a friend.

2. Got back and went directly to bed. In the night discovered the toilet was stopped up. Called at 7 am and got an answer at the desk that I would just have to wait until someone came in who could come up - probably about 8 am. When I expressed surprise there was no empathy, just an attitude of that was the way it was. There was no one who could even bring me a plunger. Someone eventually did come - but to for 45 minutes.

3. Was gone on Sat from 9:30 am until about 4 pm. Was surprised to come back to find my room not serviced, when I called front desk got an unpleasant response of "well, you know we have until 5 pm and it isn't 5 yet". Then she wanted to know if they could come now, I said no but they could come at 5 and she acted as if this were unreasonable.

I went back to this hotel again this time because of previous good experience but will not stay there again. At $159 a night there are other choices in that area.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank CaryTravler

Dear Cary Travler,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry to hear that your stay wasn’t as enjoyable as your previous ones. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to continue our ongoing training and service improvement. We do have a few new associates who are currently undergoing training and we’ll definitely use your feedback as our training opportunity. Thank you for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We found the rooms comfortable and the location convenient to many locations in the the Seattle area.

Be aware if you are using the pulling out couch it is on the small side. Unless you have young kids, it might not work well for two kids.

My biggest complaint about this hotel is they are true sticklers for a 3p checkin. It is the first time I've ever run into a situation where they literally wouldn't check us in until it was 3p. We arrived at the hotel at 2p after being up since 1a local time. They refused to let us check in. The room wasn't quite ready so I could understand them not being able to give us a key but they refused to get us checked in at all until the clock struck 3. They didn't even offer to store our luggage while we went on an errand. When we returned to the hotel there was a huge group of people all waiting to check in. When the clock turned to 3 they checked everyone in and gave people keys. We couldn't believe all the rooms suddenly became available at the same time. The cynical part of me felt like they did it to get more Bistro business since most of the people waiting had something to drink while they waited.

The morning breakfast was understaffed and we had to wait for a long time just for a cup of coffee.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Maxim K, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Dear Cameron S.,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad you have enjoyed your stay, despite not being to check in earlier than anticipated. I can assure you that it is in our interest to check-in all the arrival guests as soon as possible, permitting room’s availability. It so happened that you have stayed with us during our busiest time of the year, when our hotel is sold out very day of the week. With many different groups in-house and different patterns of stay, as much as we want to, we sometimes are unable to honor every Early Arrival request. We did have at least 15 rooms available as early as 10am that day and all of them were already taken by other guests who arrived earlier in the morning. I am sorry you had to wait until the next block of rooms became available.
We appreciate your business and we hoping to see you again when your travel will bring you back to Seattle!

Warm regards, Maxim Khokhlov, General Manager.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stayed here for two nights in July. The room was clean, spacious and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is modern and quiet. There is a Starbucks in the lobby which was very convenient for coffee and breakfast in the morning! We choose this hotel for its proximity to a concert we were attending at Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery, which was a 10 minute cab ride away. Would definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Dear njlSurrey,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your visit with us. I appreciate the kind comments about the hotel, our services and staff.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Seattle.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Very nice Courtyard in the northern end of Kirkland--not exactly near downtown. Facilities looked modern and clean, room was comfortable and also felt new and clean. Bed was a little soft for my taste, but comfortable. Everything in the room worked fine. Service was helpful and efficient. Convenient to get to from 405. Right across the street from a QFC grocery store, and rooms have refrigerator and microwave.

Minor gripe is that the elevator is a little slow, and the layout is unusual in that some rooms are quite a walk from the elevator, but those aren't really things that can be changed, and it's not a problem.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear John T.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. It was truly a pleasure having you staying with us and we thank you for the wonderful comments. We are looking forward to see you again soon!

Warm regards, Maxim Khokhlov, General Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkland
Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa
Comfort Inn Kirkland
Comfort Inn Kirkland
#6 of 9 in Kirkland
The Heathman Hotel Kirkland
Baymont Inn & Suites Seattle/Kirkland WA
La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Bellevue / Kirkland
Hyatt House Seattle/Redmond

Been to Courtyard Seattle Kirkland? Share your experiences!