“Clean, quiet, nice staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Seattle Kirkland

Courtyard Seattle Kirkland
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland
“Clean, quiet, nice staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

This is a basic hotel rather than a destination hotel. It's the kind of place you stay when you need a bed and wan't to avoid the worn out hotels. Here are my pros and cons.

Pros: Very clean. It is either fairly new or remodeled. Everything looked perfect inside. I was warmly greeted by the staff and quickly made my way to a very nice room. Bed was nice and firm, carpet and drapes were clean and new looking. Bathroom had stone and tile. There was a microwave and a refrigerator as well. There was free internet.

Cons: It is located on a busy street so there was some street noise on the side of the hotel where I stayed. It wasn't so much that it disturbed me. I thought the price was a little high for this type of hotel. No free breakfast and only a few options.

I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road if that type of noise bothers you.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Maxim K, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Dave,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Seattle-Kirkland for your recent visit. We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your visit with us. Thank you for your business and we are looking forward to welcome you here again soon!

Warm regards, Maxim Khokhlov, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

The rooms were a really decent size and comfortable. The indoor pool and spa pool were small but well looked after, and the bar was friendly too. Only downside is that you are a fair distance away from everything!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Maxim K, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear qprfact,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We’re glad that you have enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to see you again soon!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

Drove down to do some shopping in Seattle, but the Courtyard in pioneer square was full. Stayed 20 minutes away in nearby Kirkland. Room was really nice, clean and quality furnishings.
The girl at the front desk (Crystal I think was her name, sorry I can't remember exactly!), was very helpful and gave a great recommendation for a restaurant.
Overall a really good experience and definitely wouldn't hesitate to recommend to any of my friends or family.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Maxim K, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Ian M.,

Thank you so much for the amazing feedback. Comments like yours are the best commendation to our team and are great motivators for all of us! I will most definitely pass on your praises to Crystal and the rest of the team! We have a great team and we are proud to be represented by such wonderful individuals! We are looking forward to see all of you again soon!

Amagasaki-shi, Hyogo, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

It took us about 30 min travelling from Seatac airport to the hotel by a car. The access to 405 was very easy and there were food center within the walking distace just accrossing the road. Two level of parking, one in an open area and the other at the basement with the lift access. The hotel stuff were very friendly. I have booked two rooms, one for myself with family and the other for my friends. All of us liked this hotel very much.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Maxim K, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. It’s great to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and had a chance to experience our hospitality. It was a pleasure having you staying with us. We are looking forward to see you again soon!

Cowiche, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

Our stay was excellent , the room was very clean andthe staff was very nice and helpfull . Breakfest was very good and hot . The pool area was was well equipped with towels. I like the localtion because just acrosss the street there were resturants and stores we could walk to with out having to drive.

Room Tip: The cleaning people are doing a very good job :)
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Sara C.,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your hotel experience. I’m glad that you have had such a pleasant time at the Courtyard by Marriott Kirkland. I appreciate the kind remarks about the hotel and our associates, especially our Housekeeping Team! They are indeed doing an outstanding job and I will definitely share your feedback with the team.

Our goal is to make you feel at home when you stay with us and it sounds like we have accomplished that. Again, thank you so much for your wonderful comments and we hope to see you again in the future!

Warm regards, Maxim Khokhlov, General Manager
Lodi, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

Very friendly front desk staff. Room was quiet and our family fit well. We have three children; 9, 7, and 6....so we had the king with pull out sofa bed....which pulls out to a twin (and we were warned by the front desk clerk but opted for that as the other option was two queens...which wouldn't work well for us) but the couch cushion comes off in one piece and was perfect for the 6 year old. We just asked for extra sheets and blankets. Great location....fridge and microwave in room. Good thing....as we were visiting family who handled all the reservations and it had been a few years since they had done so and part of the reason for the choice was that they thought complimentary breakfast was included....and for a family of five that is a key consideration. Evidently that changed at some point...perhaps with the recent remodeling. Either way...supermarket across the street worked for our lengthy stay and we splurged on breakfast in the hotel on our last day. Ability to print out boarding passes in lobby was helpful. Pool area was indoors, which is nice....and was clean....also nice....but not well ventilated....I had a rough time sitting to supervise my children's swimming as the chlorine chemical smell was absolutely suffocating. It took hours for that headache to go away. I would try to sit in the open doorway to the patio area for fresh air, but the warm chlorine air would just be vacuumed out the open door and it was too cold to sit like that for long. Our room was quiet...free wifi was really a bonus. I was a little surprised by the lack of bath amenities....such as lotion, qtips, etc.....I know you can ask for these things, but as you don't know what you need until you need it I didn't want to call the desk every 5 minutes. Overall positive stay...although as I am not a morning person and NEED my coffee to get going, the in room coffee really should be Starbucks as it is in the lobby restaurant. While I refuse to pay $2.50 for a bottle of Fiji water, I would be more inclined to pay $2.00 for a fresh cup of Starbucks in my room...as I am likely to leave the hotel and do so anyway.....the in room coffee is yucky. Parking was convenient and check out was simple and friendly.

Room Tip: We opted for first floor near the pool....no noise above us and not facing the parking lot or street...
Green Features: I appreciate this, however found that even if I hung towels up they were taken anyway and I was only left 3.... And there were 5 of us. I was close to the pool so ended up taking extra from there.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Maxim K, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful and detail review of our hotel. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I also would like to take this opportunity and clarify the comment pertaining to the Breakfast Options. All of the Courtyard by Marriott hotels offers Full Service Restaurants and they do not provide a Complimentary Breakfast (and they never had in the past). However, although complimentary breakfast is not provided with a regular rate, we do offer a Stay for Breakfast Package. This Package offers a great value if you travel with family and would like to eat breakfast in our restaurant.

We appreciate your business and we hoping to see you again when your travel will bring you back to Seattle!

Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

This Courtyard is newer with a huge lobby and my room was as nice or nicer than the JW Marriott resort i recently stayed in. The staff was very friendly too. in a nice area, close to everything! Want to return for fun next time. I say stay here, you wont be disappointed.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Maxim K, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

WOW! Thank you so much for your amazing compliments. You made our day! We pride ourselves on being a step ahead of our competitors and we love to hear from our guests when we exceed their expectations. Thank you so much for your business and we are looking forward to welcome you here again soon!

Warm regards, Maxim Khokhlov, General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkland
The Heathman Hotel Kirkland
Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa
Baymont Inn & Suites Seattle/Kirkland WA
La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Bellevue / Kirkland
Comfort Inn Kirkland
Comfort Inn Kirkland
#6 of 9 in Kirkland
Hyatt House Seattle/Redmond

Been to Courtyard Seattle Kirkland? Share your experiences!