“Clean, Friendly and Quiet stay”

Courtyard Seattle Kirkland
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland
Bellevue, Washington
“Clean, Friendly and Quiet stay”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I had family coming from overseas and they needed a place to stay. Unfortunately, Bellevue hotels were too expensive (they charge for parking everywhere!) and during the time of my visit, they had some competition going on for high school girls and I wanted somewhere quiet for my family to stay. I've been a Marriott fan for years, all my travels I always stay at a Marriott (internationally) and found this property, right off the highway and away from the traffic, noise and crowd.
Though I was a walk-in, the staff was very friendly at assisting me she was a blonde lady with a ponytail. (forgive me for not remembering your name..) Got a great rate with her help and
got the single king bed room.
I was surprised to see the room because it was different from what I saw on Tripadvisor website!
All furniture seemed new and nice comfy bed. (and really, that's what we really want).
Afterwards, we took a lil drive to downtown Kirkland to check out Zoka coffee + other shops.
My dad had a nice quiet good night's sleep, grabbed breakfast next day at their new restaurant and head on over to Vancouver.
Overall, I'm happy with my stay. I would come back for any out of town family members visiting the area :)

Room Tip: Ask the front desk agents about the courtyard view! the agent recommended it and it was nice and qui...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank kingsezo
Maxim K, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear kingsezo,
Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our associates. I appreciate you sharing the photographs of our hotel as well! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.
Warm regards, Maxim Khokhlov, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Northern Ireland
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Clean, friendly staff, decent (though small) fitness room, good wifi, all you want for a business trip. 10 mins from office for week, ideal stop. And free parking which often is not the case, all in all, no complaints.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark_Huddleston
Dear Mark,
Thank you so much for your feedback. We’re glad you have enjoyed your stay with us during the trip to Seattle and we are look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Anchorage, AK
Reviewed March 7, 2014

My coworker selected this hotel since it was close to our location, and good access to getting around the Seattle area. The hotel is right off the I-405, across the street from a grocery store and various restaurants, and a bus stop for the bus route to and from downtown Seattle is in front of the hotel (it was about an hour each way). I took the bus for a Mariners game one night, and very nice not having to fight the Seattle traffic. The hotel staff was very nice, and the check-in/check-out process was very quick. Room and lobby were very clean. I am not sure when this hotel was built, but everything was maintained as if it was fairly new. The room had a fridge, large LCD TV, and love seat. Bathroom was typical clean bathroom. The hotel had a pool, but I did not use it. Free wireless internet was available throughout the hotel.

The bistro in the hotel seemed a bit overpriced, so I did not eat there for breakfast. I did not have an opportunity to eat there for the other meals. There is also a bar adjacent to the restaurant.

I will definitely stay here again if I needed to stay in a hotel in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank owt_u
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for sharing your story. We are delighted that you have chosen our hotel for your trip to Seattle/Kirkland area. I appreciate your wonderful comments about our staff and hotel. We look forward to your next visit!
Vancouver
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Stayed here with our team of teenage girls. They were still just finishing their renovations, but the staff was really accommodating ensuring we still got the complimentary breakfast in a banquet room instead of the restaurant, and escorting me through a construction zone of the first floor so we could wash uniforms. So nice staying in brand new renovated Marriott. This was a really nice choice. My only critique is that the hotel is in the shape of a horseshoe and the lobby is on one side, so if your room is on the other side it is one heck of a trek to get back to the only set of elevators. Didn't get a chance to try the restaurant as it wasn't quite open. I heard they were going away from the buffet free breakfast and doing ala carte which I think is a huge mistake. You'll lose big groups like ours as we just don't have the time to wait for everyone to get served breakfast.

Room Tip: So tip is ask to be close to the elevators if that's an issue for you.
Green Features: Didn't see a recycle container in my room, so left bottles outside the garbage. I think Marriott usually has those.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank coogamama
Maxim K, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Coogamama,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are thrilled that you and your group have enjoyed your stay with us.

I also would like to answer your question regarding our Breakfast options. As a Courtyard by Marriott hotel, we usually do not provide Complimentary Breakfast that woudl be included with our regular rate. It’s just happened that during the days of your stay, our restaurant was undergoing final updates and was not open for the regular service. During these several days, to minimize the inconveniences associated with the closure of our full service restaurant, we were providing a temporarily Complimentary Continental Breakfast to all our guests. Now that our restaurant is reopened, that option is no longer available. However, we do have a wide range of different Group Packages which are designed to accommodate any possible group requirements. Our Sales Office will be more than happy to create a special package for your group next time you will be visiting Seattle!

We’re glad you have enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Wenatchee, Washington
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Upon arriving at this hotel the outside was gorgeous! When checking in the front desk associate was very friendly and inviting. We arrived early and the room was not ready yet. Not a problem at all, she let us know about the bistro and would let us know when the room was ready. I decided to go shopping. Returning a few hours. The room was stunning, comfortable and relaxing. Decided to check out the lounge and was very impressed with the top shelf liquor, beer and wine. Chris our server was very attentive and friendly.Will defiantly be back.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Maxim K, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with Chris and the rest of our associates. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Wenatchee, Washington
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, newly renovated and perfect location. Rooms are modern and cozy, would definitely stay here again!
They have great customer service and a bistro which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. A wonderful selection of cold refreshments(beer and wine).

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Reagan B
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. It was truly a pleasure having you stay with our hotel and we thank you for your wonderful comments. We are looking forward to see you again soon!

Bellmore, New York
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stay at this hotel once or twice a year while visiting relatives. We knew going in that the hotel was going to be renovated from December through January. Its odd since the hotel was really nice as it was. Sorry to see that the pub area and fire place right off the lobby is gone and a new bistro is going there. New computers were finally added to the business center which is temporarily located in a meeting room. We stayed in our regular room up on the third floor facing the courtyard as it also faces the snow caped mountains. The new rooms and colors are ok. One major new drawback is that the couch/extra bed is very uncomfortable to sit on as it has a very large curved center. Leaning back your feet are off the floor. Its much higher than the coffee table in front of it causing you to hunch over. We were told on arrival that construction would take place between 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. Well work actually started at 7:30. Also construction on a Sunday! The dining room is totally gone with it being temporarily located in another meeting room. The buffet was not always complete even though the staff seemed to try hard under the unusual conditions. This hotel is really nice and convenient and we hope it returns to the excellent place we've always enjoyed. The staff continues to be as friendly as ever and tries real hard to make us as comfortable as possible.

Room Tip: Book a room upstairs 3rd floor facing courtyard 351-371 for beautiful mountain views
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Maxim K, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We’re glad to know that you and your family have enjoyed your stay with us!
As you have mentioned in your review, we are currently renovation our hotel and we appreciate your patience and understanding. We are only about a week away from completion of the renovation and our Grand Re-Opening date is scheduled for February 2nd. We are very excited of all the changes that are happening in our hotel and we can’t wait to reopen our new restaurant!
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are looking forward to see all of you again soon!

Warm regards, Maxim Khokhlov, General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkland
Baymont Inn & Suites Seattle/Kirkland WA
The Heathman Hotel Kirkland
Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa
Comfort Inn Kirkland
Comfort Inn Kirkland
#6 of 9 in Kirkland
La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Bellevue / Kirkland
Hyatt House Seattle/Redmond

Been to Courtyard Seattle Kirkland? Share your experiences!