“Clean and friendly!”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland
Lakebay, Washington
“Clean and friendly!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Good location right off the highway. Within walking distance to grocery store and restaurants.
Clean hotel. Beds are pretty comfortable.
Staff is friendly and helpful!
Pool and hot tub are clean!
Free computer and printer access.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MAUREENH47
Maxim K, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear MAUREEN H,

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warm regards, Maxim Khokhlov, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed at this hotel last fall - and loved it. It was great to stay here again. As before, got a great rate from Priceline's "Name Your Own Price".

The public areas are spacious and comfortable. The Pool and Whirlpool are spotless and well maintained. The room was not cramped and came with a small fridge (which was turned on and cold!) and a microwave.

The bathroom has tile and granite - very nice. The tub / shower has a handrail and a place to sit - so people with disabilities could easily use this bathroom! The showerhead was also a deluxe model with lots of settings. :)

Location is great! This hotel is just of I-405 which feeds right into Seatac! only about 30 - 45 min away depending upon traffic. Access to and from I-405 is a snap, close enough for quick access, and far enough away that you don't hear the freeway. We were dropping someone off at Seatac for a late flight and did not want a long drive home after a long day. Traffic was so good we were able to stop by and check-in on the way to Seatac. Coming back from the airport was quick and easy.

The bed was comfortable, and the room was very quiet. We got a great night's sleep.

The only thing that irks me is that Priceline says that breakfast is included with a 3 star hotel. This is, apparently, not the case when you get a "Name your own price" rate. So if you pay regular rate, you will get breakfast in the hotel included - otherwise you are on your own. The breakfast buffet is $12.95. A standard bacon & eggs breakfast (non-buffet) is $8.95. Sorry, but these prices are simply put - too high. Buffet for hotel guests should be no more then $9.95. Standard B&E brekkie for hotel guests $5.95 and should include the coffee.

Be that as it may, there are lots of food options available close by. Because we had stayed here before, we simply went across the street to the QFC food store and purchased our own food which we preapred in the room. Saved us a bundle and you don't even have to get dressed ! ;)

For lunch or dinner The Olive Garden is right next door and Azteca is right next door to that. Tons of food options within a few minutes drive.

Staff was majorly friendly. This hotel has a great "vibe", and part of it is the friendly staff. We were greated warmly and professionally by Krystal. She even arranged a late check-out for us even though they were very busy.

We really appreciate staff that goes the extra mile - and at this hotel they do! Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lloyd V
Maxim K, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Lloyd V,
Thank you so much for such a wonderful and detail review of our hotel. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I also would like to take this opportunity and clarify the comment pertaining to Breakfast charges. Our hotel doesn’t provide a complimentary breakfast, no matter what web site you would use to book your reservation. We have reviewed our hotel description and amenities on the Priceline.com and confirmed that our amenities are presented correctly. I also would like to mention that we do offer a “Stay for Breakfast Package”, which includes breakfast for up to two adults and two children for a slightly higher rate and has a great value if you travel with family and would like to eat breakfast in our restaurant. When it comes to “Name your own price”, it’s a very tricky option as you DO NOT KNOW what hotel you will be actually staying at, until you will complete your reservation process. I definitely wouldn’t recommend this option to any traveler who may have a specific guestroom type requirement, hotel amenities or even hotel location. While “blindly bidding” on the hotel room may present a small monetary benefit, it also may not necessarily be what you were expecting or needed while you travel. I hope my response will help to clarify additional hotel’s services and amenities. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel, if you will have any more questions or I can be at any further assistance. Again, thank you so much for your wonderful comments and we sure hope to see you all again in the future!
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Good location in Kirkland. Hotel is always very clean and staff always friendly. Close to Highway and restaurants. Hotel has bar located on the ground floor and the food is good. Bar staff is always friendly, there is also a restaurant on property. Same food at bar & restaurant. Lots of local wine/beer selections. The location has a small, but decent gym. If you like sushi, great restaurant close by (walking distance), very old school. Starbucks close.

Room Tip: There is a busy road outside the hotel that can be a little loud.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ferrell_cat1
Maxim K, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Ferrell_cat1,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We’re glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward to see you again soon! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and providing such a detailed review.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I was impressed by the previous reviews, and decided to give it a try. This really was a terrible stay. Check-in was a disaster. We were given a key-card for a room that was already occupied. Two burly looking guys looked very surprised when I entered their room. No fault of mine, but the situation could have turned ugly. The receptionist was not too concerned when I told her about this incident. She then gives me the key-card to another room. Take our bags up, only to discover that this is a room for disabled people. Head back to the reception. She greets me with "now what is wrong with this room"......as if this problem was of my doing. Again, no apology, or at least an attempt to try to remedy the situation.
The room was tastefully appointed and reasonably comfortable, but we could not get to sleep. Scores of kids, probably belonging to school sports teams were staying at the hotel, and the noise until very late at night was horrendous. Constant screaming and slamming doors. Sound travels through the room walls easily, and we struggled to sleep, despite it very tired. Early in the morning, we started receiving crank calls from one of these kids staying at the hotel. Once again, I called reception and asked for them to caution these kids. I was told that nothing can be done about the calls.
I should also mention that the hot-tub was not well-maintained, and the hotel staff should be removing items like the discarded, filthy band-aid that was at the hot-tub.
Once again, a nasty experience. I did ask to speak to an on-duty manager, only to be told that she was not available.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank disneylover777
Maxim K, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear “disneyloverEdmonton”,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I wanted to let you know how sorry I am that your visit was not as you had envisioned. As you can see by the overwhelming number of positive surveys prior yours, we are known for and we pride ourselves on treating our guests to the highest level of comfort and care and are extremely disappointed when we do not meet this goal. I will most definitely review all your comments with my team and ensure that all deficiencies were corrected in a timely manner.

I apologize that your stay has been less than perfect. I can assure that this was not our level of service we are known for and I am sorry we were unable to promptly remedy this situation prior to your departure. When it comes to a wrong guestroom key, it was an honest mistake on our part but one that we can fix quickly so that it does not occur again.

Again, I am very sorry that your visit was not as you had anticipated. While it seems that you will not be back again, I would like to see if we can make this up to you. Please feel free to contact me personally during your next trip to Seattle. I would truly enjoy overseeing your reservation to ensure your next stay with us will be most enjoyable.

Calgary
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The receptionist was SO friendly. We arrived late, just about the time that the kitchen was closing, however Elsa the server continued to take our orders for a further hour and ensured we were all fed and watered. She went way above and beyond what was required and we really appreciated it. The barman was also really friendly. I had a fantastic room; two king beds.

My only complaint is that unlike the Marriott Residence Inn you have to pay for breakfast. I felt breakfast was a little disappointing for the money, but overall I couldn't complain.

Great location just off the 405 freeway.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Terry H
Dear Otaview,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are truly honored to have such a wonderful compliment. I will make sure Elsa reads your review as well. She is one of our shining stars who make our hotel a best place to stay. We are looking forward to see you again soon!

Lynbrook, New York
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Nice hotel with very friendly staff. Room had everything I needed and the bed was very comfortable. Parking was free and plentiful. The breakfast was relatively inexpensive with made-to-order omelettes, waffles, eggs, breakfast meats and continental fare. Service was excellent. Avoid the orange juice. Only negative was the lobby internet was very slow and many websites didn't work, including airline sites. The hotel is about 10-15 minutes from Seattle. On a sunny day I recommend using I-90 for a breathtaking view of Mount Rainier.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank JResnick
Maxim K, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear JResnick,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. It was truly a pleasure having you stay with our hotel and we thank you for the great comments. We are looking forward to see you again soon!

Bellmore, New York
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We really love this place staying here twice a year since it opened several years ago. In fact we were there opening week. This hotel is clean, comfortable and near I 405. goes right into Seattle. Parking is convenient and underground garage lets you in out of the elements. Best rooms are odd number 351-371 as they face the Cascade Mountains and awakening to snow capped mountains is beautiful. They are also away from elevators that lets off its bell when at the floor level. We understand the hotel is due to be renovated in Nov. even though it's in great condition. But here are the recent problems. Computers in the business center are still the same Window XP units that were there opening day. They are slow and in a business hotel that unacceptable. One of the units was down due to a dead internal battery from day one of our stay and still out on day 8 when we left. Reported it 3 times to no avail. Also we loved the breakfast with omelet station. Someone decided they did not need it anymore, thus the omelet made in the kitchen were terrible. Bring back the chef! Also breakfast staff was slow and bus boy rude.Food service mgr. did not disagree and comped our breakfast, stating the hotel is going BISTRO later this year. Bar service is friendly as are most of the staff. Suggestion, bring back the way you opened. Old saying if it ain't broke don't fix it, just fix the computers.. Tripadvisor signs all over hotel stating good service. bring it back that way!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Tworivertravelers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkland
The Heathman Hotel Kirkland
Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa
Baymont Inn & Suites Seattle/Kirkland WA
Comfort Inn Kirkland
Comfort Inn Kirkland
#6 of 9 in Kirkland
La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Bellevue / Kirkland
Hyatt House Seattle/Redmond

Been to Courtyard Seattle Kirkland? Share your experiences!