“We love this place but..........!”

Courtyard Seattle Kirkland
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland
Bellmore, New York
“We love this place but..........!”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We really love this place staying here twice a year since it opened several years ago. In fact we were there opening week. This hotel is clean, comfortable and near I 405. goes right into Seattle. Parking is convenient and underground garage lets you in out of the elements. Best rooms are odd number 351-371 as they face the Cascade Mountains and awakening to snow capped mountains is beautiful. They are also away from elevators that lets off its bell when at the floor level. We understand the hotel is due to be renovated in Nov. even though it's in great condition. But here are the recent problems. Computers in the business center are still the same Window XP units that were there opening day. They are slow and in a business hotel that unacceptable. One of the units was down due to a dead internal battery from day one of our stay and still out on day 8 when we left. Reported it 3 times to no avail. Also we loved the breakfast with omelet station. Someone decided they did not need it anymore, thus the omelet made in the kitchen were terrible. Bring back the chef! Also breakfast staff was slow and bus boy rude.Food service mgr. did not disagree and comped our breakfast, stating the hotel is going BISTRO later this year. Bar service is friendly as are most of the staff. Suggestion, bring back the way you opened. Old saying if it ain't broke don't fix it, just fix the computers.. Tripadvisor signs all over hotel stating good service. bring it back that way!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Tworivertravelers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is one of the nicer Courtyards I have stayed in. We stayed over the Christmas holidays as this hotel is close to my family's home. We had a special Marriott Rewards rate that included breakfast, which had a buffet and an omelet and waffle station. The servers at breakfast were very nice and helpful. The indoor pool and whirlpool are also very nice. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ruisenor1
Maxim K, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear tball01,

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Although the rooms were decent the little things became annoying.
Mini fridge smelled funny.
The complimentary shampoo was nearly empty, of course realized after the shower was started, they left only 2 clean towels in a dbl queen room.
Clothes from previous guests were still in the drawer.
Sheets did not fit the bed, more then once we woke up on the bare mattress, so gross!
Called down for an extra blanket and they didn't have any??

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank abs97
Maxim K, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear abs97,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Seattle-Kirkland for your recent visit. I apologize for less than perfect stay. I appreciate your detailed feedback as it essential for us to know the areas that we can improve upon. If there is anything else we can do better to provide most exceptional experience please contact me directly at the hotel. I hope to see you soon during your next visit!

Cloverdale BC
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We were really really late check in's and the night agent was fantastic. The room we had was super cozy, comfortable and looked really nice. The gym was small but had good equipment. We will stay there again. We booked with Priceline Name your own price and got a ridiculously awesome deal.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank kellirp
Dear kellirp,

Thank you so much for your feedback. It’s great to know that you have fully enjoyed your stay with us and had a chance to experience our hospitality. It was a pleasure having you staying with us. We are looking forward to see you again soon!

Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We booked the Marriott Courtyard in Kirkland for 5 nights over Thanksgiving weekend. The first two nights were great, the second two nights were terrible! We had a couple of young (maybe 20 year olds) that decided around 11:00 pm was the time to party. The first night I called the desk at 12:30 am, the noise continued so I called again at 1:30 am. Finally about 2:00 am they decided that they were done for the night. The second night the same thing only I started calling the desk at 10:40 pm, they did not quiet down, again at 12:35 am, they toned it down to a dull roar, again at 1:35 am, when finally about 2:00 am they gave up for the night. The desk offered to move US. We had already been in the room unpacked and with all of our stuff laying around for over two days. Why not move the party creating the noise???? The desk on the last call told me that she had talked to them but apparently they did not want to settle down. DUH! What happened to respect for others???

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Neil P
Maxim K, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Neil P.,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your recent hotel experience. I wanted to take a moment and apologize for the noise issues you have experienced during the last two nights of your stay. As you have mentioned above, we have had a hockey team staying with us over the weekend, and as we all have learned, they may have celebrated their victory beyond 10pm. While we tried to place all of the group rooms together on the same floor, your room happened to be a little too close to the group rooms. I apologize we were not able to remedy the problem immediately. I am also sorry we were not clear and haven’t provided you with reasoning behind the offer to move you to a different room. Since there was a large block of group rooms on the same floor, it would’ve been much easier to move one room (yours) versus moving 30 other rooms. I am sorry that moving to another room was not an option for you. Again, please accept my apologies for less than perfect stay. Please contact me directly next time you’ll be in town and I will personally ensure you will experience our great hospitality we are known for during your next visit.

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I just returned from a two nights stay in Kirkland. The Courtyard was perfectly situated for my meetings, but is well outside Seattle if your business is downtown. The bar and restaraunt have above average food for a Marriott, heavily influenced by local produce, craft beers, and wine. I never ate dinner out, as a matter of fact. I ate breakfast at the Starbucks across the street, and grabbed sandwiches from the Subway next door for lunch. There were several local restaraunts, as well as a supermarket across the street as well.

Check in was efficient, and my room was clean, well appointed, and standard Marriott all the way. The bathrooms were bigger than most Courtyards. Exercise facilities were new with nice, clean machines. No lines either. There was a pool, but I didn't use it, nor did I use the large meeting spaces. Parking was free and convenient to both the lobby and my first floor room. Highway 405 is about 5 minutes down the road, so getting to and from the hotel from the airport was easy - about a 35 minute trip with light traffic.

If doing business in the Kirkland area, I would definitely stay again. If my business was downtown, I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear TurdFerguson13,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. It was truly a pleasure having you stay with our hotel and we thank you for the great comments. We are looking forward to see you again soon!

Ventura
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This was my third stay at Courtyard Kirkland. It's my 'go to' hotel when I visit my grandchildren who live about 2 miles away. After a very busy day with my 9, 6, and 2 year old girls and my son and daughter-in-law, this hotel is a great place to call my home-away-from-home. The rooms are spacious, upscale and very well maintained. The bedding is luxe as is the furniture, lighting and accessories. I've had several wonderful breakfasts in the restaurant served by an attentive staff who remembered me from my prior trips and asked about the kids...what a memory.Why would I want to stay anywhere else...and the price is right as well. I'll be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Maxim K, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear susan c,

Thank you for sharing your hotel experience. There’s no better feedback than to hear our guests considering our hotel a “Home away from Home”! We certainly appreciate your loyalty and patronage of our hotel and we are looking forward to your next visit! I hope I will have a chance to meet you in person next time you will be in town. Happy Holidays!

Warm regards, Maxim Khokhlov, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkland
Baymont Inn & Suites Seattle/Kirkland WA
Comfort Inn Kirkland
Comfort Inn Kirkland
#6 of 9 in Kirkland
The Heathman Hotel Kirkland
Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Bellevue / Kirkland
Hyatt House Seattle/Redmond

Been to Courtyard Seattle Kirkland? Share your experiences!