“2 days great, 2 nights sucked”

Courtyard Seattle Kirkland
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We booked the Marriott Courtyard in Kirkland for 5 nights over Thanksgiving weekend. The first two nights were great, the second two nights were terrible! We had a couple of young (maybe 20 year olds) that decided around 11:00 pm was the time to party. The first night I called the desk at 12:30 am, the noise continued so I called again at 1:30 am. Finally about 2:00 am they decided that they were done for the night. The second night the same thing only I started calling the desk at 10:40 pm, they did not quiet down, again at 12:35 am, they toned it down to a dull roar, again at 1:35 am, when finally about 2:00 am they gave up for the night. The desk offered to move US. We had already been in the room unpacked and with all of our stuff laying around for over two days. Why not move the party creating the noise???? The desk on the last call told me that she had talked to them but apparently they did not want to settle down. DUH! What happened to respect for others???

3  Thank Neil P
Maxim K, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear Neil P.,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your recent hotel experience. I wanted to take a moment and apologize for the noise issues you have experienced during the last two nights of your stay. As you have mentioned above, we have had a hockey team staying with us over the weekend, and as we all have learned, they may have celebrated their victory beyond 10pm. While we tried to place all of the group rooms together on the same floor, your room happened to be a little too close to the group rooms. I apologize we were not able to remedy the problem immediately. I am also sorry we were not clear and haven’t provided you with reasoning behind the offer to move you to a different room. Since there was a large block of group rooms on the same floor, it would’ve been much easier to move one room (yours) versus moving 30 other rooms. I am sorry that moving to another room was not an option for you. Again, please accept my apologies for less than perfect stay. Please contact me directly next time you’ll be in town and I will personally ensure you will experience our great hospitality we are known for during your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Seattle Kirkland

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I just returned from a two nights stay in Kirkland. The Courtyard was perfectly situated for my meetings, but is well outside Seattle if your business is downtown. The bar and restaraunt have above average food for a Marriott, heavily influenced by local produce, craft beers, and wine. I never ate dinner out, as a matter of fact. I ate breakfast at the Starbucks across the street, and grabbed sandwiches from the Subway next door for lunch. There were several local restaraunts, as well as a supermarket across the street as well.

Check in was efficient, and my room was clean, well appointed, and standard Marriott all the way. The bathrooms were bigger than most Courtyards. Exercise facilities were new with nice, clean machines. No lines either. There was a pool, but I didn't use it, nor did I use the large meeting spaces. Parking was free and convenient to both the lobby and my first floor room. Highway 405 is about 5 minutes down the road, so getting to and from the hotel from the airport was easy - about a 35 minute trip with light traffic.

If doing business in the Kirkland area, I would definitely stay again. If my business was downtown, I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear TurdFerguson13,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. It was truly a pleasure having you stay with our hotel and we thank you for the great comments. We are looking forward to see you again soon!

Warm regards, Maxim Khokhlov, General Manager.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

This was my third stay at Courtyard Kirkland. It's my 'go to' hotel when I visit my grandchildren who live about 2 miles away. After a very busy day with my 9, 6, and 2 year old girls and my son and daughter-in-law, this hotel is a great place to call my home-away-from-home. The rooms are spacious, upscale and very well maintained. The bedding is luxe as is the furniture, lighting and accessories. I've had several wonderful breakfasts in the restaurant served by an attentive staff who remembered me from my prior trips and asked about the kids...what a memory.Why would I want to stay anywhere else...and the price is right as well. I'll be back!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Maxim K, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear susan c,

Thank you for sharing your hotel experience. There’s no better feedback than to hear our guests considering our hotel a “Home away from Home”! We certainly appreciate your loyalty and patronage of our hotel and we are looking forward to your next visit! I hope I will have a chance to meet you in person next time you will be in town. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

The hotel is in a great location for visiting friends and family in the Kirkland area. Easy access to the freeway and local restaurants, shopping, etc. was handy.

The hotel appears to be very new. Everything was very clean and in great shape. The king bed was very comfortable. The sleeper sofa, not so much.

The front desk was helpful on one occasion, not so much on the other. We had some burnt out light bulbs, and they were replaced right away. Another time, we asked for some hot cocoa in the lobby, as the drink station had run out. The clerk gave a half hearted attempt to find some and said, "sorry, I guess we're out". Magically, the next morning, the station had been refilled. Perhaps just a training issue?

Otherwise, our stay was quite nice. The only complaint about the room is the street noise. On Sunday night, we could hear cars driving along the wet road all night long. I suggest getting a room that faces the inner courtyard area, and it will probably be a bit quieter.

The pool, although small, was great for the kids. We went both days we stayed.

I would definitely stay here again when visiting this area.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the parking lot/courtyard to get away from the street noise.

Dear kenopdx,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your visit with us. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Seattle.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a business trip to the Kirkland area. The hotel was very nice, wiht a good bar/lobby area and restaurant there were all very clean. I didn't have any trouble checking in, though I did have to wait for a few minutes for the attendant to get off the phone helping another desk. To her defense, we did arrive late that evening and she was the only one on duty.

The rooms were nice and clean, not issues there. Their staff even provided my with firmer pillows upon request (hotel pillow are traditionally too soft for me). The entire hotel has complimentary WiFi, which is nice bonus as I could work down in the bar/lobby area and my room without disruption. It was also very quite and I had no disturbances at during my stay. I'd recommend trying to get a room that faces away from street if possible.

I only ate at the restaurant one morning, and the buffett is kind of expensive for what it is (around $9 for some minor hot foods, bread, and fruit). The better option seemed to be to order a plate from the menu. The portion size was large, the food good, and the price not too bad for a hotel.

The hotel has several restaurants within walking distance, ranging from fast food to sit down, along with a food mart across the street.

The only real issue I had was that my corporate rate was not included on my bill and I had to go down to the front desk to sort it out before leaving.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Marc M,

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warm regards, Maxim Khokhlov, General Manager.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is one of my preferred hotels to stay in when visiting Seattle’s Eastside. I normally stay for business meetings and it is centrally located to a number of tech companies. The freeway entrance is a couple blocks away and there are some good restaurants within walking distance. The service is very good and the hotel has always been very clean.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear TJEM3,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We appreciate being your preferred hotel on the Eastside and we thank you for your loyalty. Our location, beautiful clean rooms and our outstanding service definitely makes us a great choice either for business weekday traveler as well as weekend leisure guests. Thanks for sharing your story. We really appreciate the comments. We look forward to your next visit!!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

stayed here via priceline bid in the summer time and was very very happy with the hotel. Staff was friendly, hotel and room is very clean. . Now just planning a group trip recommending the group to come here hope they will have a good group rate. Strongly recommend it

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David T

Dear David T,

Thank you for such a wonderful review! We’re glad you have fully enjoyed your stay and would recommend our hotel to your friends and family. We hope to see you again soon! Happy Holidays!

Warm regards, Maxim Khokhlov, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkland
Baymont Inn & Suites Seattle/Kirkland WA
Comfort Inn Kirkland
Comfort Inn Kirkland
#6 of 9 in Kirkland
The Heathman Hotel Kirkland
Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Bellevue / Kirkland
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bothell

Been to Courtyard Seattle Kirkland? Share your experiences!