“Good Business Trip”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland
Lewisville, Texas
“Good Business Trip”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a business trip to the Kirkland area. The hotel was very nice, wiht a good bar/lobby area and restaurant there were all very clean. I didn't have any trouble checking in, though I did have to wait for a few minutes for the attendant to get off the phone helping another desk. To her defense, we did arrive late that evening and she was the only one on duty.

The rooms were nice and clean, not issues there. Their staff even provided my with firmer pillows upon request (hotel pillow are traditionally too soft for me). The entire hotel has complimentary WiFi, which is nice bonus as I could work down in the bar/lobby area and my room without disruption. It was also very quite and I had no disturbances at during my stay. I'd recommend trying to get a room that faces away from street if possible.

I only ate at the restaurant one morning, and the buffett is kind of expensive for what it is (around $9 for some minor hot foods, bread, and fruit). The better option seemed to be to order a plate from the menu. The portion size was large, the food good, and the price not too bad for a hotel.

The hotel has several restaurants within walking distance, ranging from fast food to sit down, along with a food mart across the street.

The only real issue I had was that my corporate rate was not included on my bill and I had to go down to the front desk to sort it out before leaving.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Maxim K, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Marc M,

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warm regards, Maxim Khokhlov, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is one of my preferred hotels to stay in when visiting Seattle’s Eastside. I normally stay for business meetings and it is centrally located to a number of tech companies. The freeway entrance is a couple blocks away and there are some good restaurants within walking distance. The service is very good and the hotel has always been very clean.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear TJEM3,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We appreciate being your preferred hotel on the Eastside and we thank you for your loyalty. Our location, beautiful clean rooms and our outstanding service definitely makes us a great choice either for business weekday traveler as well as weekend leisure guests. Thanks for sharing your story. We really appreciate the comments. We look forward to your next visit!!

Vancouver
Reviewed October 22, 2012

stayed here via priceline bid in the summer time and was very very happy with the hotel. Staff was friendly, hotel and room is very clean. . Now just planning a group trip recommending the group to come here hope they will have a good group rate. Strongly recommend it

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David T
Dear David T,

Thank you for such a wonderful review! We’re glad you have fully enjoyed your stay and would recommend our hotel to your friends and family. We hope to see you again soon! Happy Holidays!

Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed 3 nights the middle of October. Front desk staff were all very friendly and helpful. Especially Ben, he went the extra mile. Thank you! The room was clean and comfortable. It's nice having a refrigerator and coffee pot. The restaurant had good food at a reasonable price. It was convenient having Olive Garden and a Mexican Restaurant are across the street. I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Kathleen W,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We’re glad that you have enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to see you again soon! Thank you again for staying and taking the time to share your experience. I hope to meet you during your next visit so I can thank you personally.

Warm regards, Maxim Khokhlov, General Manager.
Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel this last weekend and were thoroughly impressed with the staff and the service at this property. The breakfast was great and the wait staff was awesome. We would definitely stay here again and would also recommend it to our friends.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 7, 2012

First the good - the location is very handy, near the freeway. There is a QFC grocery store right across the street, and a Wendys, McDonalds and Starbucks within a 5 minute drive. Free parking and internet is a bonus, and the added rate for the included breakfast is worth it. Unfortunately the service is poor. It's almost as though there's no manager to oversee things. We stayed two nights and our room wasn't even made up after the first night: the staff just dropped off a stack of towels on our counter and basically pulled the bedding up on the bed and tossed on the pillows. The second day we were awoken at 6am by a wake up call we didn't order. The breakfast is good but poorly organized and you need to wait for things to be replenished very often. There is a strange mix of self serve (eggs, bacon, cereal) and things the staff will get for you (coffee and juice of all odd things). We felt like we spent a lot of time trying to track down our waitress just to get a cup of coffee. Overall not a bad place to stay...they just need a manager who cares. The rooms could also use a second mirror outside of the bathroom.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank VancouverGirl44
Maxim K, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear VancouverGirl44,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Please accept my apologies for less than perfect service during your stay. I know that we have had a fairly busy weekend with many groups in-house, but that shouldn’t have affected our services in a way you have described them. I will most definitely address your comments with my department managers and ensure that all corrective steps were taking immediately. We pride ourselves on providing the highest level of comfort and care and are extremely disappointed when we do not meet this goal. Again, I apologize you haven’t experience our most hospitable service we are known for and have left our hotel with less than favorable impression. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, so we can improve based on the feedback we received.

Toronto
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I booked this hotel for two nights to shop in Seattle. We found that all of our needs were met here. The staff were great, rooms were very clean, lobby was nice, hallways were very bright, carpet was clean, room was spacious, bathroom was clean and modern, shower area was spacious and fixtures were great, and beds were clean. This place makes me believe that older hotels can be properly run and maintained and that obviously the management is good. Would definitely recommend to anyone and would come back again. They offered free hot beverages in the lobby, free WIFI, free parking, and location was great. The only thing I could see improved is a heavier comforter and bigger, firmer pillows. Otherwise, awesome hotel!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkland
Baymont Inn & Suites Seattle/Kirkland WA
Comfort Inn Kirkland
Comfort Inn Kirkland
#6 of 9 in Kirkland
The Heathman Hotel Kirkland
Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Bellevue / Kirkland
Hyatt House Seattle/Redmond

Been to Courtyard Seattle Kirkland? Share your experiences!