“Come for the location, not the food”
Review of Beach Cafe

Beach Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Beach Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 274 Restaurants in Kirkland
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lakeview Dr.
Description: Inspired by the area's abundant seafood and produce, Beach Cafe serves up local favorites with a twist. With a daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner, our waterfront restaurant near Seattle features a fun and casual atmosphere that suits everyone from families searching for a great breakfast spot to friends wanting an energetic bar scene. The Living Room Lounge is a popular evening spot for locals, and many stop in to enjoy favorite cocktails and appetizers during our daily Happy Hour from 3 PM to 6 PM. As time shifts towards the dinner hour, we recommend sticking around for dessert. Our Pastry Chef, Nichole Hillis, whips up homemade creations that will satisfy any sweet tooth. We can accommodate children and large parties of up to 25 persons with our varied menu and lively atmosphere. For celebrations, soirees, or a night on the town, we'll make it special.
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Unmatched views and location. The food is your typical Food Services of America delivery type food. Menu rarely changes and there is nothing seasonal about the menu. You will walk away full, but bored with your meal.

WoodmarkHotel, Manager at Beach Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear Jonathan M,
Thank you for your feedback regarding our menu. We appreciate any and all feedback and would like to apologize for you not feeling that the food was up to a level that it should be.
Our culinary team takes a lot of pride in the offerings and I am personally disappointed that the seasonal features were not presented by your server. The halibut, Columbia River King salmon and the Copper River Sockeye salmon are a few of the items that we are showcasing currently. We also have a new burger that is made for us by Long Valley Ranch in Oregon and served on a Macrina brioche roll that has been getting rave reviews.
Please feel free to contact me directly so that we can discuss any other issues that you would like to. I feel that it is important that we hear direct and honest comments in real time so that we can address them specifically and make appropriate changes to our food and our service.
Naja Hogander
Director of Outlets
Woodmark Hotel
nhogander@destinationhotels.com

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Its been over a year since my last visit to the Beach Cafe. A very pleasant place with outdoor dining. I'll come back for the outdoor after work drinks but not for the food.

We grabbed a table in the bar as it was crowded. It was a mess as the previous patron had just left. No worries, we'll stand by and wait for it to be serviced. We waited, and waited, and waited. Finally, we sat down.It took a bit to get cleaned. The wait staff was friendly but very green.

The menu has changed and not for the better. Seemed slimmed down and kind of boring....We had the chopped salad and it was terrible. The salami was cut into big chunks, the lettuce was cut so it was too small for a fork and too large for a spoon. The dressing was bland, and the mozzerello cheese were round balls. I love a good chopped salad and this one needs to be revised or 86'd. Unappealing....

As I said, go for the outdoor patio, and people watching. The food is secondary.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

This is a great place on a nice and sunny day. The staff was nice and we could get a nice window seat. The food was good, something I would expect of a nice place. Desert stood out, my kids loved the sorbets and a bread pudding we ordered. Will be there again this summer.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This restaurant is just below Bin on the Lake, at Woodmark Hotel. The view is excellent and there is guaranteed sunset beauty. The food is well prepared, fresh and well presented. A relaxed and more casual atmosphere will be the case here, almost bar-like. Can be a bit loud, but we ate on the patio.

1  Thank Beverly S
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I made reservations for Mother's Day to take my 91-year old mother out for breakfast. I specifically asked for a quiet area with no children nearby - she finds it hard to hear when it is too loud. You guessed it! Seated in an area SURROUNDED by noisy kids! We asked to be moved when first seated but was told "all tables were reserved". Really? The majority of the restaurant was empty. I thought my table was reserved, too. The buffet was okay - nothing outstanding, and really very expensive. We would have preferred to order off the menu - Mother doesn't eat much - and once again was told "that is not an option". When we were first seated I had to flag down a server as we waited at least 7 minutes and still no one acknowledged our presence. And no, the restaurant was NOT busy. A very disappointing and expensive meal - we will not be back nor will we recommend.

WoodmarkHotel, Manager at Beach Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Dear Wearymom3,
We so appreciate direct and honest feedback and thank you for that. I have responded to your OpenTable review and hope that you will contact me directly so that we can speak about your experience.
Naja Hogander
Director of Outlets
nhogander@destinationhotels.com

Been to Beach Cafe? Share your experiences!