“Expensive and disappointing!”
Review of Beach Cafe

Beach Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Beach Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 289 Restaurants in Kirkland
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lakeview Dr.
Description: Inspired by the area's abundant seafood and produce, Beach Cafe serves up local favorites with a twist. With a daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner, our waterfront restaurant near Seattle features a fun and casual atmosphere that suits everyone from families searching for a great breakfast spot to friends wanting an energetic bar scene. The Living Room Lounge is a popular evening spot for locals, and many stop in to enjoy favorite cocktails and appetizers during our daily Happy Hour from 3 PM to 6 PM. As time shifts towards the dinner hour, we recommend sticking around for dessert. Our Pastry Chef, Nichole Hillis, whips up homemade creations that will satisfy any sweet tooth. We can accommodate children and large parties of up to 25 persons with our varied menu and lively atmosphere. For celebrations, soirees, or a night on the town, we'll make it special.
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I made reservations for Mother's Day to take my 91-year old mother out for breakfast. I specifically asked for a quiet area with no children nearby - she finds it hard to hear when it is too loud. You guessed it! Seated in an area SURROUNDED by noisy kids! We asked to be moved when first seated but was told "all tables were reserved". Really? The majority of the restaurant was empty. I thought my table was reserved, too. The buffet was okay - nothing outstanding, and really very expensive. We would have preferred to order off the menu - Mother doesn't eat much - and once again was told "that is not an option". When we were first seated I had to flag down a server as we waited at least 7 minutes and still no one acknowledged our presence. And no, the restaurant was NOT busy. A very disappointing and expensive meal - we will not be back nor will we recommend.

WoodmarkHotel, Manager at Beach Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Dear Wearymom3,
We so appreciate direct and honest feedback and thank you for that. I have responded to your OpenTable review and hope that you will contact me directly so that we can speak about your experience.
Naja Hogander
Director of Outlets
nhogander@destinationhotels.com

Reviewed April 15, 2014

The view is spectacular. If you have a gluten intolerance, their regular menu is clearly marked to accommodate. This is my "go-to" restaurant because I enjoy it so much.

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Hubby has salmon and I had mixed green salad followed by grilled portobello mushroom/ rice dish. Everything was delicious and reasonably priced. Best part was the attentive servers. I had asked for little or no oil on my grilled mushroom, and although the exterior of the mushroom had been brushed with a smidge of oil, it had been grilled in water, just the way I wanted. The waiters were very apologetic for the wait we had, which to us really wasn't all that long. We will surely be back. With a stunning view over Lake Washington, one cannot ask for more.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Loved their veggie omelet for breakfast and the salmon for lunch. Big portions and very tasty. Service is good and there is a nice lake view. Busy place. Paid parking but the restaurant will validate.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Our recent dinner at the Beach Cafe was quite disappointing. The waiter apologized for our meal being so late ("the kitchen is very busy") and asked if we'd like some bread. The rolls brought to our table were cold and far from fresh. I had difficulty finding something to order so decided to stick with a basic --- caesar salad. The basic salad is $13. To add about 6 garlic shrimp added $7. This $20 salad consisted of cut lettuce (almost like you'd expect for coleslaw), an unremarkable dressing (Cardini's is better), about 6 blocks of bread (I mean, croutons) and the 7 shrimp. Just mediocre. My husband had a spicy chicken dish that was pretty good. While polite, our waiter was somewhat lacking in personality. There was just nothing memorable about this meal at all but our dinner conversation with our friends. I would only return if I had a seat by the window on a wonderful day (and then...likely not order anything other than an appetizer to reduce the risk of another overpriced, very unmemorable meal). This was a tough review to write because I am usually very positive (or at least try to point out something impressive). Sorry.

WoodmarkHotel, Manager at Beach Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Shirley,
As a member of the restaurant management team, I take all reviews seriously and use them as a tool to improve our food and service.
I hope that you would be kind enough to take a bit more time and contact me directly so that I can assess details of your dining experience.
It is only through direct and honest feedback that we are able to address these specific issues, coach and counsel our team and make immediate changes to create great guest experiences.
Specifically, I am concerned that you were not charged correctly for your salad and I would like to make sure that what is reflected on your end is how our system is programmed.
Please contact me directly so that I may assist you with a positive resolution.
My sincere apologies,
Naja Hogander
Assistant Director of Outlets
nhogander@destinationhotels.com
425.889.0303

Been to Beach Cafe? Share your experiences!