“A must visit”
Review of Beach Cafe

Beach Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Beach Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 291 Restaurants in Kirkland
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lakeview Dr.
Description: Inspired by the area's abundant seafood and produce, Beach Cafe serves up local favorites with a twist. With a daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner, our waterfront restaurant near Seattle features a fun and casual atmosphere that suits everyone from families searching for a great breakfast spot to friends wanting an energetic bar scene. The Living Room Lounge is a popular evening spot for locals, and many stop in to enjoy favorite cocktails and appetizers during our daily Happy Hour from 3 PM to 6 PM. As time shifts towards the dinner hour, we recommend sticking around for dessert. Our Pastry Chef, Nichole Hillis, whips up homemade creations that will satisfy any sweet tooth. We can accommodate children and large parties of up to 25 persons with our varied menu and lively atmosphere. For celebrations, soirees, or a night on the town, we'll make it special.
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The view is spectacular. If you have a gluten intolerance, their regular menu is clearly marked to accommodate. This is my "go-to" restaurant because I enjoy it so much.

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Hubby has salmon and I had mixed green salad followed by grilled portobello mushroom/ rice dish. Everything was delicious and reasonably priced. Best part was the attentive servers. I had asked for little or no oil on my grilled mushroom, and although the exterior of the mushroom had been brushed with a smidge of oil, it had been grilled in water, just the way I wanted. The waiters were very apologetic for the wait we had, which to us really wasn't all that long. We will surely be back. With a stunning view over Lake Washington, one cannot ask for more.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Loved their veggie omelet for breakfast and the salmon for lunch. Big portions and very tasty. Service is good and there is a nice lake view. Busy place. Paid parking but the restaurant will validate.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Our recent dinner at the Beach Cafe was quite disappointing. The waiter apologized for our meal being so late ("the kitchen is very busy") and asked if we'd like some bread. The rolls brought to our table were cold and far from fresh. I had difficulty finding something to order so decided to stick with a basic --- caesar salad. The basic salad is $13. To add about 6 garlic shrimp added $7. This $20 salad consisted of cut lettuce (almost like you'd expect for coleslaw), an unremarkable dressing (Cardini's is better), about 6 blocks of bread (I mean, croutons) and the 7 shrimp. Just mediocre. My husband had a spicy chicken dish that was pretty good. While polite, our waiter was somewhat lacking in personality. There was just nothing memorable about this meal at all but our dinner conversation with our friends. I would only return if I had a seat by the window on a wonderful day (and then...likely not order anything other than an appetizer to reduce the risk of another overpriced, very unmemorable meal). This was a tough review to write because I am usually very positive (or at least try to point out something impressive). Sorry.

WoodmarkHotel, Manager at Beach Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Shirley,
As a member of the restaurant management team, I take all reviews seriously and use them as a tool to improve our food and service.
I hope that you would be kind enough to take a bit more time and contact me directly so that I can assess details of your dining experience.
It is only through direct and honest feedback that we are able to address these specific issues, coach and counsel our team and make immediate changes to create great guest experiences.
Specifically, I am concerned that you were not charged correctly for your salad and I would like to make sure that what is reflected on your end is how our system is programmed.
Please contact me directly so that I may assist you with a positive resolution.
My sincere apologies,
Naja Hogander
Assistant Director of Outlets
nhogander@destinationhotels.com
425.889.0303

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We have fond memories of great meals at the Beach cafe...but tonight's dinner was simply awful. The young service staff are trying, but the limited menu and poor preparation made for a disappointing experience.

My lamb tacos were seasoned by something from a grocery shelf; the meat could have been anything from chicken to kangaroo and had the same texture and flavor. And my partners ribs were cooked to death and served over a bed of soggy tasteless vegetables. Only the overcooked sweet potato fries rose to the level of mediocre.

We won't be back and expect to see another restaurant in their space before long.

WoodmarkHotel, Chef at Beach Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

jazzlover44 - Chef Matt here, and I wanted to let you know that I appreciate your honest feedback after dining at the Beach Cafe. I was very dissapointed to here that you had a less than satisfactory meal while dining here and I do take your feedback to heart. It gives me an excellent resource to train the kitchen staff and show them in real time our guests perception. I do not want to take the easy way out and say that this was just a bad night and it will never happen again, instead I will take that information, check all products on hand, and ensure the team is cooking them properly. While I know I can not erase your memories of your past meal, I would like the opportunity to help create new memories here. If you would like to take another chance on our restaurant I would like to personally help make that the meal you were looking for the first time. If you would be interested, please contact myself (Chef Matt) here at the restaurant at 425 889 0303. I hope to hear from you soon. - Matt

Been to Beach Cafe? Share your experiences!