“Management is Clueless; Long Wait for Food; Nice Views”
Review of Beach Cafe

Beach Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Beach Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 271 Restaurants in Kirkland
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lakeview Dr.
Description: Inspired by beaches around the world, the Beach Cafe serves up cuisine featuring fresh ingredients from the Pacific Northwest region. Dine indoors or out on the waterfront patio (weather permitting), and enjoy your favorite cocktail and appetizers during daily Happy Hour from 3pm-6pm. Hours Sunday-Thursday: 6:30am-9:00pm Friday-Saturday: 6:30am-10:00pm
seattle, wa
“Management is Clueless; Long Wait for Food; Nice Views”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I'm always disappointed when I come here, especially during the summer when sitting on the deck. The most recent experience was last weekend when we:
1) Had to interrupt the hostess after listening to her chat with another hostess for a bit and then we introduced ourselves so we could be acknowledged
2) Waited 10 minutes before a server came to our table and then another 25 minutes for our food
2) Had no idea why our waitress Corine never told us she wasn't our server any more and that someone else would be serving us. As a result, we were left sitting at a dirty wet table with no refills on our drinks when it was almost 90 degrees out.
3) Talked with the manager Evan who was so clueless on how to be a good manager after we expressed concerns of the service and food delivery time. We requested that we should have been communicated with regarding a backed up kitchen (which happens almost all the time during peak times. He didn't really say much, agreed we should have been treated better and then stared at us like a deer in headlights.

We ended up just leaving because we felt like unwanted guests as Evan stood there as if we should be thanking him we were there in the first place.

Decent food and great view of the lake but service is the reason why I hesitate to come back, poor poor poor service. And the other reviewers seem to agree with me. Management misses the mark and its such a shame. I think they know they have a great location so they bail out on having enough staff (kitchen and servers) cause they know people will still come for the view. It's really too bad!

We came here about a month ago and had a similar experience except our server was gracious enough to acknowledge our horrible experience and did the best she could to make it right.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank chacha79

Seattle, Washington
“Breakfast at Beach Cafe”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

By far one of my favorite place with an amazing view to the lake. Unfortunately they change the chef. The food is to oily, greasy. Chef, don't kill Beach Cafe is a wonderful place with excellent service, great view. They just need to teach or change the chef.

• Visited June 2013
Maidenhead
“Great Setting”
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

A perfectly good place to eat, service on the first night was let down by the service, with the chowder, very good though, arriving at the same time as our main course. The waiter did recognise that the standards were lacking and without any prompting nor expectation for us discounted the chowder from the bill. This was good pro active service recovery, a sign of a well trained staff member empowered to make crucial decisions to keep the customer happy, as such we returned to following evening,

The food was good, no complaints about the quality, I had the salmon which I have found a good barometer as to the competance to the kitchen staff, on this occassion a pass.

The views are fantastic across the lake and the cafe does have tables at differing levels to afford clients good views. As already mentioned by previous reviewers this place does get busy and noisy, however I will pose a question what would you prefer quiet and empty or busy and noisy? I know my preference.

Visited June 2013
“Nice selection, Great service”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The Happy Hour menu is varied and reasonably priced. The Herb-encrusted Fish and Chips was wonderful; large portion and delicious!

Visited June 2013
Bellingham, Washington
“Diner beware”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I visited the Beach Cafe this past Sunday for brunch. The service was decent and of course the views were beautiful. However, the experience was not one I would recommend to my friends and family. The minute we walked in, the whole restaurant was noisy and seemed disorganized. There was no host to greet us at first, and once we were greeted she seemed very overwhelmed. Once seated, the server was pleasant, but he too appeared rather frantic.

Although our initial impression of the restaurant was less than desirable, the experience definitely went downhill after the server took our orders. The food took a whopping 50 minutes to get to our table! Our server was nice enough to offer us some complimentary toast while our stomach's growled. However, once we received our food, I was extremely disappointed to find that both my benedict and my friend's omelet were cold! We informed our server and hi quickly agreed that cold food was not up to the restaurant's standards and whisked our plates away to correct the error. Unfortunately that meant that my husband and 2 of our friends were left waiting, staring at their food, too polite to start eating without us. Finally, about 10 minutes later, our server brought back 2 piping hot breakfasts. I will say that once we eventually got our food, it was delicious. But here is where the experience turned particularly sour. A little while later we asked our server for a side of sweet potato fries for the table. He hastily took the order and about 25 minutes later we were abrasively met by a woman who claimed to be the manager. Her name was Melinda or Melissa? Anyway, she threw our plate of fries down and in a curt tone said "sorry that you're food took too long, how about a complimentary mimosa for anyone?" We replied that we didn't normally drink in the early afternoon. Then in the same rude, condescending tone she responded "fine, well you have your food, what else do you need?" I was indeed shocked by the aggressive interaction. To make matters worse, later as I was walking past the kitchen on my way to the restroom, I heard the manager scream to the staff, "if I have to "comp" one more [--] thing, I'm going to kill one of you." I was absolutely appalled. Good thing I did not bring my children to brunch that day!

Overall my experience at the Beach Cafe was not entirely horrible. My food eventually turned out well, and our server remained polite and attentive. But the food did take unacceptably long to be served, the atmosphere was tense and hectic, and the manager made me feel uncomfortable and unwelcome. Diners beware!

• Visited May 2013

Been to Beach Cafe? Share your experiences!