“The best clam chowder”
Review of Beach Cafe

Beach Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Beach Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 272 Restaurants in Kirkland
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lakeview Dr.
Description: Inspired by beaches around the world, the Beach Cafe serves up cuisine featuring fresh ingredients from the Pacific Northwest region. Dine indoors or out on the waterfront patio (weather permitting), and enjoy your favorite cocktail and appetizers during daily Happy Hour from 3pm-6pm. Hours Sunday-Thursday: 6:30am-9:00pm Friday-Saturday: 6:30am-10:00pm
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I never go to Seattle without trying several different restaurant's clam chowder. The chowder at the Beach Cafe is one of the best that I have tried ever! I also had the fish 'n chips which were good. Too much food and I ended up taking them home and my neice enjoyed them for her dinner. We sat outside and enjoyed the beautiful view. Great place with a great view!

There are newer reviews for Beach Cafe

Reviewed August 6, 2012

3 strikes and your out! I have a Passport card which provides a buy 1 get 1 free entree, so its a good deal. First, I took my son for breakfast. We watched as two Eagles perched themselves on the dock outside the restaurant window. Pretty cool. I had the Ranchers Eggs (Huevos Rancheros under a slightly different name) which were great. He wanted the sweet potatoe hash, but they were out of sweet potatoes. So he ordered the Washington Apple Stuffed Brioche, sounds great - it's not, especailly when served cold.

But I liked the Rancher's eggs so much we went back again for brunch on a Sunday. Mistake, way too crowded, and when I ordered my eggs as runny as possible, they came over hard. The waiter said "Not my Fault" - he brought me replacement eggs, but it gets you out of sync with they others your dinning with.

This time my son ordered a Hamburger "well done". Half-way through he got a bite of totally uncooked hamburger - could swallow it, made his Mom sick to watch. Waiter says "not my Fault". I asked for a comment card - sorry no comment cards. How are you going to get better without comment cards ? Answer - Trip Advisor.

Instead of Beach Cafe try Le Grand Bistro, it's just a little more expensive, but I've been there many times and am always happy. Same view, less crowded. I like it so much I'm going to write an excellent review. Anyway, I promised my family I wouldn't take them back to Beach Cafe even if I have a buy 1 get one free card - if the quality sucks, it's not worth half the price!

1  Thank ScottD58
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We have visited this restaurant over the last 9 years and always enjoyed the choice. While the service is spot on and the entrees are tasty and the right size, the deserts deserve much more attention from the chef.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Breakfast the worst we have had anywhere in a long time. Dry over cooked eggs, dry cold potatoes, extra charge for a thin piece of toast. We gave it another chance and went with some friends for dinner. When I asked them if they would return, the answer was, "no." overpriced. My husband's lamb chops were so tough he could not chew them. Enough said.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

We ate dinner here last night for my husband's birthday. There was great weather yesterday and a lot of people out and about, but we walked in and waited 3 minutes for a table for 4 in our choice of outside or inside. It was a little too windy for me on the patio so we ate inside by a window. We definitely had to eat with sunglasses on, but it wasn't bad.

Wait for drinks was nothing; wait for food wasn't bad. We ordered soft pretzels as an appetizer (yum), my husband had the salmon tacos (great) and I had the caprese sandwich (yummy sauce). We were super full by the end of dinner and ready to go home for birthday cake.

It's nice to visit a restaurant in the waterfront area with actual parking! Less of a hassle for sure. I would definitely revisit. Plus it's family-friendly; we didn't get any nasty looks for our 2 wild ones under the age of 4.