“Once was enough...”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Once was enough to never return. Our family of three ate breakfast here last summer (2011) and we were sorely disappointed. We had high expectations as it appears to have been a well-established restaurant with a prime location in downtown Kirkland as well as a steady flow of customers. The service was lacking, particularly the hostess and our waitress, appearing to be less-than-happy to be at work and even less happy to be serving customers. The overall vibe here was a tad depressing and unwelcoming to say the least. Accompanied by an uninspired menu, our meals were sub-par, bland, and forgettable. We absolutely love dining out....we do this at least twice a week....so how restaurants lacking in any imagination and genuine affection for food and patrons like this one stay in business are beyond me, especially when the prices aren't cheap (I'd say average price per plate for a breakfast hovered around $12 for your basic eggs and bacon and toast).

Reviewed May 24, 2012

We dropped in unexpectedly since Olive You was closed. I picked up a 30% off coupon from my cell phone via PIRQ, which was my first time using PIRQ....it worked very well.

George's has been in Kirkland forever, and a few years ago, George retired and passed the business on to a daughter and son. Since then, the place has been remodeled and improved. The menu was great, with lots of family choices. For the three of us, we ordered a Greek salad (excellent), chicken lasagne (excellent), and a pasta with feta and chicken (excellent). 3 hits!

The server, who I believe was George's daughter, was great! She was fun and funny, and very accommodating with hesitation in ordering due to the size of the menu.

While there, I read about a Beatles / Classic Rock band that was coming to George's on June 8th. Wow! Entertainment, too!

George's is worth a revisit!

Reviewed April 6, 2012

My wife and I decided to try this place for a weekday breakfast. I really liked the Greek influence in the menu which my wife caught on to and got a take on eggs Benedict with tomatoes, hollandaise, and feta over poached eggs and English muffins. Very interesting but really good and worth getting again. I got an sausage, egg, and cheese muffin that was served open face and for $4 was really a perfect size breakfast.

The only strange part was the hostess who, based on her nasty scowling, looked like she'd rather be doing anything but working there. Also, there were people hanging around the bar like it was drinking time and arguing loudly, which kinda deteriorated the family breakfast place facade. Having lived near Greece for a few years, I just chalked it up to Greeks being Greeks. A casual conversation in their culture sounds like a heated argument here. Kinda fun to watch actually

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Some of the food at George's has a Greek flair, reflecting the ethnicity of the founder and the family that now runs it. It is family run. The food is very good. I usually get breakfast, but the sandwiches are also very good. The lamb pita will fill you up, tickle your taste buds and make you smile. Breakfasts are simply excellent. There will be a crowd on Sunday morning after 10.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

Great service. They have been there over 30 years and have breakfast down to a science. Service was terrific, food was homestyle and tasty even though the fried eggs were a bit rubbery from being cooked on a too hot griddle. Atmosphers very noisy and diner casual.

Standing room only and a wait on weekend mornings but worth the wait for good food at a reasonable price.