“Good atmosphere for fine wines”
Review of Purple Cafe & Wine Bar - CLOSED

Purple Cafe & Wine Bar
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Purple Cafe and Wine Bar pairs a global wine selection with a menu that combines classic American styles with seasonal Northwest ingredients. We feature an expansive menu ranging from artisan cheeses, starters, soups, salads, sandwiches and pizzas to pasta and seafood. We take a great deal of pride in utilizing the freshest, local ingredients that change with the seasons. On the wine side of things our wine list features over 80 glass and 600 bottle selections. Over the years our wine program has been recognized with various accolades that include an "Award of Ultimate Distinction" from Wine Enthusiast Magazine and being named "Best Wine Bar" by Evening Magazine's Best of Western Washington Viewers Poll.
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I especially enjoy visiting at happy hour, and love the crab cakes. A little known fact is that for those of us who keep a fine wine cellar, or just want to have something not on their wine list, Purple lets us bring one bottle with no corkage charge. Good deal.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

I have been going to Purple Café in Kirkland for about 10 years and love the fact that I can always count on it. Kirkland is stuffed full of places to eat, and they change all the time - going back regularly on business, if I want to go somewhere that is good and I can trust, I always go to Purple. It can be a little noisy...

1  Thank Taormina-Tourist
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The food is great, but a bit pricy. The pairings are always spot on - someone really knows what they are doing. Happy hour is pretty good - the housemade crackers that come with the spreads are absolutely the best.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

whether it is in my glass or the restaurant I Love! Heavy Restaurants has hit a Grand Slam even Tommy Heinriech would Love and impress his friends with.

Love the menu! Wish I could have more time and money: I would simply Love to eat this menu.
Love the wine list! Except they don't have Cayuse now! Dang it! Love their policy of allowing me to take a bottle they don't have and opening it so I can share a new find with friends.

Love Ian! Absolutely a fine and just server. Remembers better than I do what I want to eat or drink. Generally love the staff even though I am compelled to mention a few names: Ryan! Lorraine! and the General Manager Shannon! Cool group!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

The food is good but the service so-so. I have gone in there and gone unnoticed for more than 10 minutes on more than one occasion...

Thank lois.gore