“Trendy”

Purple Cafe & Wine Bar
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Purple Cafe and Wine Bar pairs a global wine selection with a menu that combines classic American styles with seasonal Northwest ingredients. We feature an expansive menu ranging from artisan cheeses, starters, soups, salads, sandwiches and pizzas to pasta and seafood. We take a great deal of pride in utilizing the freshest, local ingredients that change with the seasons. On the wine side of things our wine list features over 80 glass and 600 bottle selections. Over the years our wine program has been recognized with various accolades that include an "Award of Ultimate Distinction" from Wine Enthusiast Magazine and being named "Best Wine Bar" by Evening Magazine's Best of Western Washington Viewers Poll.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The food is great, but a bit pricy. The pairings are always spot on - someone really knows what they are doing. Happy hour is pretty good - the housemade crackers that come with the spreads are absolutely the best.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

whether it is in my glass or the restaurant I Love! Heavy Restaurants has hit a Grand Slam even Tommy Heinriech would Love and impress his friends with.

Love the menu! Wish I could have more time and money: I would simply Love to eat this menu.
Love the wine list! Except they don't have Cayuse now! Dang it! Love their policy of allowing me to take a bottle they don't have and opening it so I can share a new find with friends.

Love Ian! Absolutely a fine and just server. Remembers better than I do what I want to eat or drink. Generally love the staff even though I am compelled to mention a few names: Ryan! Lorraine! and the General Manager Shannon! Cool group!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

The food is good but the service so-so. I have gone in there and gone unnoticed for more than 10 minutes on more than one occasion...

Thank lois.gore
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Great place to eat and enjoy a glass of wine. I went for a business lunch and a romantic dinner. Both experiences were amazing. Definitely try the sea salt carmals.
Wait staff is capable and friendly great place to dine.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I've been to the Purple several times for lunch, and have enjoyed the food choices. We had an excellent baked brie at $14 (we couldn't stopped eating, but it was a little pricey in my opinion) and also tried the kalamata tapenade spread with flatbread ($3.5). In addition they bring flatbread and crackers with butter. We really could have stopped there, but we split a small quinoa salad($9). Service was great- we were there at 11:30am, got a table outside with an umbrella, and the waiter helped move the umbrella around as we needed the shade. We lingered until almost 2pm, but only after sharing a complimentary dessert for my friend's birthday(our choice!!) of dense chocolately goodness with ice cream. My only complaint is that this Purple Café in adjacent to a mini mall area, so the outdoor dining options are on a patio next to the road and parking lot. The inside seating is rather dark,(good for date night) but not the ideal on a sunny Aug day in Seattle. There is enough traffic that it taints an otherwise fantastic meal.