“Expectations were too high”
Review of Cactus Restaurant

Cactus Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 282 Restaurants in Kirkland
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Went for happy hour after work. Waitress was god but food was average. Had to pay for chips and salsa, (Apparently they didnt get the memo) and had the smallest ahi tacos(8.50 for 2 tacos) I have ever seen. My sister and I spent 29.00 before tip with no drinks and walked away hungry. Parking was horrible. emailed the restaurant to explain our experience and never heard a word back. If you have $ burning a hole in your pocket and are not very hungry this is the place for you.

2  Thank SCOTT B

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Very popular place on a Friday night but worth the wait. While the wait we went to a near by bar with the pager and enjoyed a pre dinner cocktail. The waitress was very well informed of the menu. I had the fajitas and the home made corn tortillas were amazing! We were given a free desert for first time diners. Would definitely come back!!!!!

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Some great choices. The brisquet is amazing. Real whole black beans and home made tacos and tortillas. Really nice atmosphere. This will be a favorite restaurant for us

Reviewed September 12, 2013

My wife and I went here with some friends. It seemed like a very trendy restaurant in downtown Kirkland so I was expecting better food and certainly better service. Both the food and service were very typical.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This place seems to be popular but I am not sure why.
The food is hit and miss. I had a wonderful tortilla soup and my wife an heirloom tomato salad. My rib course was okay (the meat was on the dry side) and my wife's salmon tortillas seemed to be missing the salmon.
Service was less than stellar. We were asked if we wanted guacamole and said no. It appears that the server misheard us. Twice guacamole arrived and twice we told them we had not ordered it; thinking nothing of it, we assumed they had the wrong table. Lo and behold when our bill arrives, we are charged for the guacamole that would not die. Don't' these people speak to each other in the back? When we point it out the server, she appears distraught and says it was her fault. She must have misheard. I understand mishearing; I don't understand having it sent back twice, never asking about and still charging for it.
I order a second margarita (I need it) which never comes. Just as I am thinking that I don't need the margarita as I've finished my meal, our server asks if we want another drink and I tell her we have ordered. She goes to check and again comes back apologetically with a margarita.
As she takes my wife's plate away which is largely untouched, she says how glad she is that we enjoyed the meal. Was she blind; did she not notice the barely touched plate.
As my wife and I are talking about wandering down to Ben and Jerry's for an ice cream, the server looking like a whipped puppy arrives with a complimentary dessert, a creme caramel.
Rather than asking if she could offer a complimentary dessert and make us feel a bit better (or at least sorry for her), she turns even that into a negative experience as we leave for our ice cream.
Indifferent food, crappy service on our second visit. Won't be back.

2  Thank wgr