“Solidly Enjoyable ~~!!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Yes, this venue has been around for a long time, and I say kudos to Shirley and her son for keeping alive one of the last bastions of originality and architectural interest on the Eastside!
The 'decor is tired'???
Seriously?
I think it is quite evident from the outside that this restaurant is loaded with 'CHARM' ~~!!
Located in an old warehouse/factory structure, and decorated with seafaring nets, boats,
oars and such . . . how can one not be totally enthralled by those 'visuals' in combo with the arched beams supporting the rounded ceiling, and massive cross-timbers. There is so much more to enjoyable dining than how much the waiters know about wine~~!! Allow yourself a change and order one of the their superb Long Island Ice Teas instead. The food is consistently good here; has been since the mid-1970s . . . and yes, I am one of those 'loyal
customers' referred to by another reviewer. For a reason, yes? It's a great place to spend time with the Crab Cracker's loyal old-time servers, also ~~!!
If you cannot appreciate this restaurant that has not only been around several decades, and served super fare forever, then PLEASE go to one of the MANY slick, stark, NEW venues in this region and focus on their wine list, eh ~~ leave the Crab Cracker to the many of us who love it dearly . . .

2  Thank ch00seyon3
There are newer reviews for Crab Cracker

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We took a chance on a friday evening while we were in the Kirkland area to try the Crab Cracker - based on a BCAA comment in a tour book. The place was busy but they found a table and the food was very good. The only issue is the server did not know a lot about the wines on the wine list! no real big deal -- we got a great bottle of wine and had a great meal and the restaurant has a great atmosphere and looks like a place to be on the weekend!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

I've driven by this place many times and finally my wife and I decided to eat there. The reviews were reasonable. The decor is a little dated and the restaurant feels a little sloppy. The hostess was freindly and the food selection looked very good. Our waiter was marginal at best. I don't eat Crab often so I was trying to get some tips and he was not only unhelpful but pretty condescending. So we went for some crab and copper river salmon. The crab was very good but the salmon was over cooked and only average at best (particularly for such a high quality salmon). Overall, I was whelmed with the food and expected much more given the prices.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend the place. The crab is not good enough to overcome the poor service and the marginal food. The prices are high enough that you're better off spending just a little more to go to someplace better where you're guaranteed good service and a clean restaurant.

By the way, the bathrooms were messy which is a sure sign the place is not well managed.

1  Thank DrOptic
Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

The food is very good and beer selection is too. But the Bartender(Male) don't know his name made the place..Great service..

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I've eaten here about four times now and I've never had a good meal. The place is expensive, the decor is tired and the wait service is grumpy, which gives irony to the name. This is one of those places that's been around forever and makes it because of very old faithful customers. Last time I was there the average age in the place was about 70. I never ever feel like the food is a great value and I have a hard time understanding how the place still manages to survive. It's hard to find great seafood anywhere in Kirkland anymore and that may have something to do with it.