“Absolutely incredible!”
Review of Hector's

Hector's
Reserve with OpenTable
Hector's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 272 Restaurants in Kirkland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The 40 year tradition carries on at one of the Northwest's most revered neighborhood establishments. Join us for classic comfort food, prepared from the freshest ingredients, served by a friendly wait staff that makes out-of-towners feel like regulars, and regulars feel like home. The Sunday brunch with our classic Eggs Benedict isn't just a menu item - it's a local institution. Or drop in for a drink in front of the 114-year old carved mahogany bar back, and imagine the stories it could tell you. The original brickwork and cozy fireplaces are still here. So is the longstanding tradition of great food with unparalleled friendly service. We intend to keep it up for at least another 39 years to come. You're welcome anytime, and we'll keep the fire going for you!
Reviewed February 11, 2014

My husband and I were in Kirkland celebrating our anniversary. After a great night's sleep at the Woodmark Hotel, we picked up our vehicle (valeted) through the front desk clerk who asked what was on our agenda for the day. I told him breakfast at Hector's. He smiled and said, "Good choice! My favorite is the Croque Madame." Well, that is exactly what I ordered and can I just say, DELICIOUS! It was very busy with a wait time but well worth the wait. The service was excellent, coffee perfect, and the food came out of the kitchen hot, well prepared, and delicious. The atmosphere was warm, festive, inviting, and welcoming. When they found out it was our anniversary, they offered us a free dessert - we were happily stuffed so declined... imagine our surprise and delight to find a credit of $10 on our bill. We will definitely return. We even asked them to put one in Olympia!!!

There are newer reviews for Hector's

Reviewed January 7, 2014

very good food and atmosphere the staff is attentive and knowledgeable of what Hectors has and is able to do for you
would not recommend on a holiday as way to busy and the only place you can get service is the bar as the restaurant is closed but any other time is great

Reviewed December 15, 2013

This was my first time to Hector's. It was our office Christmas party. I wasn't sure what to expect, and had read a few reviews about the poor service. I was very pleased though with the service provided. The staff was very attentive to all of our guests. The food was very good. The shrimp was tasty and the sliders were very good. The desserts (seasonal berry cobbler and lemon tarts) were excellent. The room was nicely decorated for the holiday season. The added "plus" was the free parking next to the restaurant.

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

I travel to the Kirkland area for work fairly often, and this is the first time I've been to Hector's. Based on the name, I always thought this was a Mexican place. Don't be fooled; Hector's is an American Style bistro!

Ambience is great, nice upholstered booths and soft lighting with posters of old movie stars. It definitely has that "bistro" feel to it, and is exactly what you'd want for classic American food.

I went for lunch, so that's the menu that I can comment on. Our waiter was very nice and helpful, offering suggestions on what to order. I got a turkey burger with yam fries, which was tasty, but the bun was grease city. As soon as I picked up the burger, grease started dripping out of the bun. I opened the bun and saw that both buns had been heavily buttered, which I really didn't like.

Maybe I'm being unreasonable, but I assume that anyone who orders a turkey burger is trying to eat healthier and might not want half a stick of butter on their bun. It was really unfortunate, because otherwise the burger was well made. As for the others in my party, one person got Huevos Rancheros and absolutely raved about it. The other person got the Steelhead salad (which I learned is a kind of fish), and they had the same comments that I did. They ordered a grilled fish-topped salad and were surprised to see candied nuts, cheese, and croutons on top. Again, this is just my opinion, but ordering a salad means I'm trying to eat healthier.

Hector's seems like a decent place to get a meal. Ambience and service were good, food was so-so. I'd give it another chance but am not rushing back.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Hector's is one of the few survivor's - downtown Kirkland restaurant that hasn't turned over in the past several years. A good, comfortable place with good food and service for all three meals. Here's hoping it enjoys several more decades on Lake Street.