“Two times disappointed by brunch”
Review of Hector's

Reserve with OpenTable
Hector's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 281 Restaurants in Kirkland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The 40 year tradition carries on at one of the Northwest's most revered neighborhood establishments. Join us for classic comfort food, prepared from the freshest ingredients, served by a friendly wait staff that makes out-of-towners feel like regulars, and regulars feel like home. The Sunday brunch with our classic Eggs Benedict isn't just a menu item - it's a local institution. Or drop in for a drink in front of the 114-year old carved mahogany bar back, and imagine the stories it could tell you. The original brickwork and cozy fireplaces are still here. So is the longstanding tradition of great food with unparalleled friendly service. We intend to keep it up for at least another 40+ years to come. You're welcome anytime, and we'll keep the fire going for you!
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Over the years I've enjoyed eating at Hector's from time to time for brunch on the weekends. I like the decor and have liked the dishes -- especially the crab meat eggs Benedict. But the past two visits have been depressingly similar. The Eggs Benedict order was delivered just barely warm with poached eggs hard-boiled. The first time I commented but declined the offer to re-do -- I was hungry & didn't have time to wait. The second time I sent back half of the order which was then re-done the right way -- warm and with eggs properly poached.
I asked if the orange juice was fresh squeezed and was assured it was. But I can taste fresh-squeezed and the juiced tasted like what I would get out of a carton. When I asked again, the waitress told me that the orange juice was squeezed elsewhere and sent to Hectors. "Fresh squeezed"?
I don't eat brunch often. The next time I will go elsewhere.
I think Hectors has started to cut too many corners.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Hector's has been in Kirkland more years than most residents have been there; and they have updated their look and their menu over the years. Now this restaurant is not gourmet - and doesn't pretend to be - but their day-to-day offerings are fresh, dependable, and fairly priced. It is a very good family restaurant, good breakfast spot, lunch spot, and happy hour. Dinners are okay as well. Not everything is perfect every time; but overall most people will be satisfied with their choice and its quality. They have generous outdoor seating on the side and back of the restaurant, which makes it very appealing in warmer weather. Their house salad, good to accompany most meals, consists of fresh greens, tomatoes, cucumber, sunflower seeds and a bit of cheese. Two generous sliders make a good share plate with a salad. Many offerings come with the works - salad, starch, and vegetable. Their wines are decent and the ambiance pleasant. It's a good day-to-day restaurant when you just don't feel like cooking. It's pretty much a "something for everyone" place at decent prices.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

... Ok the Frend Dip at lunch/dinner is awesome too! Great location downtown Kirkland on the main drag. Hostess, staff and food is excellent everytime! They have a wonderful happy hour - and are usually quite busy so be prepared! They do take reservations! The breakfasts are plentyful and very good! Bloody Mary's are sinfully good! Enjoy- we have never had a bad experience here and have been going for over 25 years!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Place is pretty clean,great food,good service. parking is always hard to find. fun place for friends

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Loved the Italian Scramble. All the food my friends got was also very yummy. Our server seemed a bit stressed and over worked. But that was my only real complain. Drinks were awesome fyi.