“Our favorite family restaurant in Kirkland” 5 of 5 bubbles

Rikki Rikki
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Large groups
Seattle, WA
“Our favorite family restaurant in Kirkland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

When we lived in Kirkland, we would go to Rikki Rikki at least once a month for years, so the staff there felt like family. The Japanese cartoon-styled drawings on the walls are interesting for the kids to analyze, and we parents enjoy the classic jazz music (lots of Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong). In addition to the regular Western-style tables, they also have traditional low-table rooms in the back that you can reserve for larger parties. The menu has quite a few vegan options (Rikki Rikki rolls are my favorite), in addition to the standard sushi, traditional Japanese dishes, and a few surprises when you're in the mood for something different (Thai curry, shrimp & candied walnuts, steak & mushrooms). The miso soup is perfect, the black cod is yummy, the calamari tempura appetizer is first rate, the bento boxes are filling for my husband, and the healthy kids' menu items (no-raw-fish sushi, chicken teriyaki, yakitori) are a steal at $4-5 (kids eat free on Tuesdays). If you are looking for a great casual Japanese restaurant with something for everyone, you should definitely try out Rikki Rikki.

• Visited November 2011

Traverse City, Michigan
“Sushi!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

Delicious calamari, great yellowtail rolls and good service!

Visited November 2011
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
“Underwhelmed by the tepid sushi”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

We tried this place because of its #8 ranking on Tripadvisor. Should have trusted my gut reaction to go elsewhere when we walked up to find a light crowd on a Saturday night. The sushi was bland and lacking in creativity. The service by a very young woman was awkward. The restaurant's interior appears to be cobbled together from perhaps a prior restaurant's design with some recent updates. We could not wait for the check to come! With so many other dining options in Kirkland, there is no reason to go back.

• Visited August 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Seattle
“It's fresh, good quality sushi.... But”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

It seems over priced. It's Kirkland, it's in a trendy/upscale area so it shouldn't be shocking that each adult will end up with a $40 tab, but I was still hungry when I left. I frequently eat sushi and usually get my fill from $30 worth with not one drop off in quality. Miso Soup being a side item is kind of a turn off. I don't like being nickel and dimed. If I'm paying $12.95 for Paradise Rolls (which are delicious), I want more than 5. How about 8? If I'm judging just for food, it's real good. Price related to quantity is my issue (No, I'm not obese, 6 ft 3 and 195 lbs).

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kirkland, Washington
“Rikki Rikki is my go to restaurant....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

Lots of people have their favorite restaurant where they go at least once a month, sometimes more. Rikki Rikki is that place for me and my husband.
We like the diversity of the menu, from great sushi to inspired entrees along with classical Japanese dishes. My favorite rolls are the crab and scallop roll and paradise roll. The crab and scallop is so fresh and simple, it lets the fish shine through. The paradise roll has more components with three types of fish combined with avacado and asparagus and is a great complement to the other roll. The bar is fabulous and is our preferred dining area. Ask Jesse to mix you a sumptous cocktail, she's the best.

• Visited July 2011