“Amazing food!”

Sat, 10/19
8:00 PM
Ranked #1 of 303 Restaurants in Kirkland
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My meal at this restaurant was one of the best that I’ve had. I would highly recommend. The food is outstanding.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (328)

Reviewed September 8, 2019 via mobile

We were invited by two culinary inclined friends to Cafe Juanita. We indulged in the Chefs tasting menu with wine pairings and are glad that we did ! Service, cuisine were all fantastic! Carefully crafted plates to delight your tastebuds. My favorite was the foie gras! Highly recommended, we will be back!

Reviewed August 27, 2019

Our son and girlfriend took us to to Cafe Juanita to celebrate my (long-awaited) retirement and lucky, lucky us as my husband and I agree that that evening, we were treated to possibly one of two of the finest meals we have ever (ever) had.

I began with the aged parmesan (with wine) and others also had cocktails that were flavorful but still subtle. The bread varieties are baked on the premise and each was equally masterfully delicious. I had the hands-down absolutely best (corn) risotto I have ever had in my life, and I cannot imagine finding another anywhere in the country (or frankly the world) that could replicate its understated flavors and perfect textures. The duck was done exactly (medium rare) - and the fruit "compote" was the most artfully presented dish I've ever been served. The panna cotta was literally spoonfuls of fleeting silkiness and the sublime; again - the best I have ever, ever, ever had. You might find it hard to believe that I am not in the habit of using superlatives in restaurant reviews. Frankly, I wish I could simply cut and past most of smilessq's review into mine. I agree with that reviewer 100% that we would travel again to Seattle if just to be able to share another meal at Cafe Juanita again. (To be honest, we cross the country annually to visit our son in Seattle - so it's a done deal anyway!) Chef Smith deserves her James Beard standings. She is a visible in the kitchen and a warm presence in the dining room. While she noted it was an honor that we chose her restaurant to celebrate - I hope she knows that the honor was all ours!

Reviewed August 5, 2019

Loved this restaurant and the dishes had some delicious flavors just like we tasted when we were in Northern Italy. Loved the mains and also the dessert which was the Chocolate Truffle pave with smoked Vanilla Gelato.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed August 4, 2019

Four of us dined at Cafe Juanita recently to celebrate August birthdays, anniversaries, and a special occasion. Fortunately, they offered one of our favorite seasonal specials, heirloom tomato and bread soup, Pappa al Pomodoro.

We enjoyed Foie Gras and Octopus appetizers, nice Caesar Salads and tomato soup, delicious entrees, and shared desserts. Apricot sorbet, chocolate torte, and vanilla panna cotta.

Always excellent, and this time was no exception.

Highly recommend Cafe Juanita. It is our favorite restaurant, especially for a special occasion.