“Bone Marrow and Foie Gras”
Review of Cafe Juanita

Cafe Juanita
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Juanita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 270 Restaurants in Kirkland
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Waipahu, Hawaii
“Bone Marrow and Foie Gras”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised and the portion size of the bone marrow and foie gras and the extra surprise of the rendered fat from the foie gras. The potato bread sopped up the scrumptious fat....a special treat. Service was excellent and the atmosphere was comfortable.

• Visited July 2013

Seattle, Washington
“Such a pleasure”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Cafe Juanita has been on our list for many years, too long in fact. For our anniversary we finally made the drive from Seattle and it's a meal I will remember for a long time.

The service was so unpretentious, friendly and efficient that I never felt uncomfortable for a moment. The entire staff helped our table at some point and it was completely seamless.

The food was amazing. I wanted to try everything on the menu, and we did manage to have many courses without feeling stuffed. The pasta was bold and flavorful. The salads delicate and fresh. The entrees were spectacular and the dessert was generous and sublime.

I'm having flashbacks of the meal and my mouth is watering again even as I type this. Obviously, there's really no need to review this institution of the greater Seattle area, but I had to tell someone about the great Cafe Juanita. If you are even considering if the drive is worth it, or whether it's overrated or whether they're "still good", let there be no doubt, this was truly one of the best meals I've ever had at a restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
Whidbey Island, Washington
“Good for stepping out on Seattle´s East Side”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Topping off a visit to our daughter & her family in Clyde Hill, we were takien to Cafe Juanita. This was a first for me. My polenta and a risotto rivaled what is available at many fine northern Italian restaurants in São Paulo near where we live.

The food preparation is visable. The service was discreet and attentive. The atmosphere is pleasant with a view of trees & plants out of the window where we were seated.

For a splurge Cafe Juanita is perfect..

• Visited June 2013
Newberg, Oregon
“Wonderful meal”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I made a reservation here thinking it was another location. What a wonderful surprise. Our dinner was wonderful. Staff is fantastic, parking is limited but a walk is worth it if necessary. There is a pub just up the street with a similar name make sure you are at Cafe Juanita!

• Visited June 2013
Seattle
“Unique recipes, fresh ingredients, tasty (and relatively pricey)”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We have been to this restaurant several times over a period of many years. I always have a great tasting meal, creatively and attractively prepared with in season items. As one other reviewer mentioned, I also found the need to ask for translations of the descriptions of many of the items on the menu. Embarrassed that I'd already asked so many times, I found myself looking up many of the words or phrases on my cell phone internet instead. Juanita Cafe's presentation of the food is beautiful. I would never think to combine some of the items they do (dipping radishes in softened, sea salt topped butter???). Unusual, but tasty. Cafe Juanita is a pretty pricey restaurant, with the entrees running in the $26-$42 range. While really enjoying my meal, Cafe Juanita remains a strictly special occasion restaurant for me.

• Visited May 2013